Page 125 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 2817

Thread: UAAP season 83

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    why 6 to 7 years pa?
    time in college plus time to play in the local leagues,I think around this time it will be sufficient for them to be considered by FIBA, unless they change the rules again.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Every school is backed by the ruling elites who gain wealth via the explotation of labor, some worse than others obviously but just like MVP's mining scandal with Ateneo, if you want to play in a money league like the UAAP you'd have to deal with less than savory characters.
    But DLSU is the only school being two face about it.
    They were very much anti DU29 now they’re bending over to take his money in.

Shameful to say the least.
    Other schools aren’t as bad as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    But DLSU is the only school being two face about it.
    They were very much anti DU29 now they’re bending over to take his money in.

Shameful to say the least.
    Other schools aren’t as bad as that.
    Oh this is not true. Ateneo is literally two faced in the mining issues and is also against the president but then this happened:
    https://twitter.com/tyler_tio/status/869451863233396736

Also Tab Baldwin is a right wing psycho.

Alan Peter Cayetano regularly attends UP games, Mocha Uson was almost given a UST alumni award.

Shady people bank rolling a basketball team? That's always been the case even in small barangays..

If you are talking about DLSU supporting ABS CBN. Calida, the alumnus that Ateneo went to in order to get Tyler Tio his citizenship, literally was the one that literally sued ABS CBN. Dont tell me Ateneo wasnt being hypocritical then, they already released anti Marcos burial/EJK statements beforehand.

People had high praise for Baldwin, and he is implementing string right principles,even with his staements
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Had no idea about the tio thing but yes I am aware of the open conservative nature Baldwin .

I just don’t think it’s the same level. DLSU is basically a Davao backed team now.
    Admu / up and other schools just have some shady people involved while DLSU’s is directly under the shadiest of them all.

They are being bank rolled by the president’s son In law.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    People had high praise for Baldwin, and he is implementing string right principles,even with his staements
    Im talking about Tab Baldwin's amazing facebook page. Lots of anti gay pro Trump crap there.

Had no idea about the tio thing but yes I am aware of the open conservative nature Baldwin .

I just don’t think it’s the same level. DLSU is basically a Davao backed team now.
    Admu / up and other schools just have some shady people involved while DLSU’s is directly under the shadiest of them all.

They are being bank rolled by the president’s son In law.
    Thats on you if you cant support DLSU because of Carpio. But if you can support Ateneo despite Calida I think youre a hypocrite.

Im talking about Tab Baldwin's amazing facebook page. Lots of anti gay pro Trump crap there.
    Plus he has had some racism behind the scenes .

Also I don’t support Admu cause of that as well.

I’ve been mostly a neutral observer rooting for certain players and smaller schools.

Tab preaches all these Christian and anti gay values on FB but gets caught cheating on his wife .
    That shouldnt take anything away from his on court performance but hes a major hypocrite as well.
    Last edited by Tuck; 09-15-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Plus he has had some racism behind the scenes .

Also I don’t support Admu cause of that as well.

I’ve been mostly a neutral observer rooting for certain players and smaller schools.

Tab preaches all these Christian and anti gay values on FB but gets caught cheating on his wife .
    That shouldnt take anything away from his on court performance but hes a major hypocrite as well.
    Coach Tab is the classic "It's only racist because you're too sensitive" type of white crap. As an Atenean supporter and AGS-AHS alumnus, I'd honestly be fine with getting rid of the guy just like I was fine with the school calling out MVP over the Mining issue and plagiarism. But what can you do, he happens to be a good coach. He's a joke of a person and values though.

Actually, I have no idea why MVP still supports the team, he was very vocal in severing his ties with Ateneo back in 2012, but it turns out he severed all his ties outside of the basketball team. Oh well, the old, rich alumni just wants to watch the team win games and championships anyway.

Thats on you if you cant support DLSU because of Carpio. But if you can support Ateneo despite Calida I think youre a hypocrite.
    To be fair though outside of the school and Tio asking for help back in 2017 there hasn't been correspondence with Calida since, and Ateneo, just like UP and DLSU has been vocal of their support for ABS-CBN.

The difference is DLSU is getting backed by direct family of the worst President since Marcos. But to help me sleep at night I just consider schools' basketball teams and management separate from the institution itself (even though it shouldn't be).

EJKs and the Marcos Burial issue didnt stop Ateneo from asking for Calida's help though hence my charge of hypocrisy. I mean I dont like Mons Carpio and the Duterte regime but if it was up to me no single individual would have the tens of millions of disposable income to spend on a basketball team. Id rather have those resources on health/education infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by FITL View Post
    To be fair though outside of the school and Tio asking for help back in 2017 there hasn't been correspondence with Calida since, and Ateneo, just like UP and DLSU has been vocal of their support for ABS-CBN.

The difference is DLSU is getting backed by direct family of the worst President since Marcos. But to help me sleep at night I just consider schools' basketball teams and management separate from the institution itself (even though it shouldn't be).
    I agree theres levels to this.

You cant obtain wealth in this country without making some key political allies its just dlsu is blatantly the worse at it .
    From Marcos crony to this . No shame at this point.

EJKs and the Marcos Burial issue didnt stop Ateneo from asking for Calida's help though hence my charge of hypocrisy. I mean I dont like Mons Carpio and the Duterte regime but if it was up to me no single individual would have the tens of millions of disposable income to spend on a basketball team. Id rather have those resources on health/education infrastructure.
    On this we agree 100%.

I agree theres levels to this.

You cant obtain wealth in this country without making some key political allies its just dlsu is blatantly the worse at it .
    From Marcos crony to this . No shame at this point.
    Are you sure? MVP via mining is among those directly responsible for turning the world into an unlivable hellhole environmentally speaking.

Basically I see the problem as the oligarchy and every school backer as an oligarch.

This is Calida in 2016, well before Tio got his citizenship:

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2016/0...ntidrug-drive/

Id argue as the Solicitor General, Calida is much more to blame for EJK's for example then Mans Carpio, the president's son in law.

Is calida the main benefactor of admu? Its still mvp
    Carpio is for dlsu at this point.

Page 125 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast