Page 121 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2805

Thread: UAAP season 83

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Amen. Kung La Salle yan, ora-orada SUSPENDED! Wala nang internal investigation kuno.

Itong UST, sila na nga ang may sala, sila pa ang may ganang magalit.

Nothing fits Royal and Pontifical more than a suspension kaso takot mga member schools dahil may kanya-kanyang baho na tinatago. LOL.
    Another Filipino trait that I hate. Tsk tsk.

You forgot Catholic University. I guess even UST too prioritizes winning over anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Amen. Kung La Salle yan, ora-orada SUSPENDED! Wala nang internal investigation kuno.

Itong UST, sila na nga ang may sala, sila pa ang may ganang magalit.

Nothing fits Royal and Pontifical more than a suspension kaso takot mga member schools dahil may kanya-kanyang baho na tinatago. LOL.
    btw DLSU is the youngest team in the UAAP right? speaking of DLSU

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...sQjbt677Xuf5_A

spin.ph is really milking this issue/running out of stories to report, after the UST and NU bubbles, they insinuated that Gov. Remulla (former UP MBT manager) is somehow involved in the Bright-Bo shooting scandal and now this, reporting a rumor. Funny that the three founding members if the UAAP are all under the microscope
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    https://tv5.espn.com/basketball/coll...raining-bubble

"According to the joint administrative order released last July, it is stated that training like an individual shootaround within the confines of home is allowed as long as there is no physical contact among participants, provided that facilities are available."

Bright may be off the hook i guess
    naghahanap lang nang madadamay siguro yung mga pasimuno nyan haha.
    Trans: looking for someone to pull down.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

The DLSU thing was promoted by a very sketchy "news" site with like 36 twitter followers. Furthermore the writer didnt even put their name on the post. Anyone who believed that should be embarrassed to be honest.

Bolick: Transfers should be about personal development, not because of money

https://www.spin.ph/life/guide/rober...a2442-20200903

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    The school cannot hold back a student. If one wants to transfer, there’s nothing the school can do.
    I think they should bring back the old "Jerie Pingoy rule" nabrought up ni coach Franz during a TV5 podcast interview that players who want to transfer should undergo 2, not 1 year residency.

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    I think they should bring back the old "Jerie Pingoy rule" nabrought up ni coach Franz during a TV5 podcast interview that players who want to transfer should undergo 2, not 1 year residency.
    If i’m not mistaken, the Jerie Pingoy rule covers even transfers from a UAAP high school to a UAAP college. FEU wasn’t pleased that their “investment” on Pingoy during his highschool years was wasted when he chose to go to ADMU in college.

Basketball lang naman ata yung may ganitong problem sa piracy, so unfair na may nadadamay na ibang athletes sa sports na di napapanood sa tv. Diba nagka senate hearing pa about this because ang downside ng residency is di nama-maximize yung potential ng mga bata.

Quote Originally Posted by Servinio View Post
    Since 1986, the UAAP has two sets of rules. One set is applicable to seven schools while the other set is exclusively for De La Salle University.

By the way, was there a real need to bring in overpaid notary publics to the meeting? Is that part of the law firm's sponsorship deal with the Basketball team or simple intimidation tactics?

http://servssports.wordpress.com
    So true!!!

In 1991, DLSU lost a chance for a 3-peat. In 2008, the school was suspended in all sports when the issue only concerned the MBT (not sure if Adamson was suspended in all sports when the Marlou Aquino fiasco happened in the early 90's). Then the sudden changing of the residency rule for imports to delay the entry of Mbala. All decided by the UAAP board.

I don't know of a time when DLSU won anything if the decision is up to the UAAP Board.

I believe there is already a law passed which prohibits preventing this (sponsored by then Cong. Pia Cayetano)

Making it 2 years red shirting would really limit poaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Jclf View Post
    If i’m not mistaken, the Jerie Pingoy rule covers even transfers from a UAAP high school to a UAAP college. FEU wasn’t pleased that their “investment” on Pingoy during his highschool years was wasted when he chose to go to ADMU in college.

Basketball lang naman ata yung may ganitong problem sa piracy, so unfair na may nadadamay na ibang athletes sa sports na di napapanood sa tv. Diba nagka senate hearing pa about this because ang downside ng residency is di nama-maximize yung potential ng mga bata.

My bad. Let me revise my post. I think they should tweak the Jerie Pingoy rule. They should also involve college to college transferees. To prohibit or lessen poaching. Since 5 years rin naman ang maximum number of eligibility

My bad. Let me revise my post. I think they should tweak the Jerie Pingoy rule. They should also involve college to college transferees. To prohibit or lessen poaching. Since 5 years rin naman ang maximum number of eligibility

Yeah. Even if they did not come from a UAAP member school. Especially if they did not come from a UAAP school.

The NCAA should also impose this rule. It would make everyone develop their own players rather than just poaching 24 year old rookies from an unknown leagues or discards.

Just to update you guys, the UAAP board wants to sanction those responsible for the bicol bubble and has decided to spare the players. All are in accord to sanction coach Aldin Ayo although those sanctions are yet to be decided. There is also a rumor that Coach Ayo has prepared a letter of resignation which he is about to tender to UST management but that remains unverified.
    お元気ですか?

Quote Originally Posted by r1ck View Post
    Just to update you guys, the UAAP board wants to sanction those responsible for the bicol bubble and has decided to spare the players. All are in accord to sanction coach Aldin Ayo although those sanctions are yet to be decided. There is also a rumor that Coach Ayo has prepared a letter of resignation which he is about to tender to UST management but that remains unverified.
    heard the team was spared and not suspended

Ayo can’t hold a job for one reason or another

Quote Originally Posted by r1ck View Post

he' the most convenient scapegoat, the IPEA director (command responibility) and boosters should have been sanctioned as well IMO.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...Ky1eY6Y6dSYy8w
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Ayo can’t hold a job for one reason or another
    UST alumni’s, who hate ayo, got their wish..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    UST alumni’s, who hate ayo, got their wish..
    That is true there is a certain group of alumni/benefactors that hated the idea of giving complete control of the MB program to Aldin Ayo and his staff. These are the same influential people who placed Boy "Sablay" as a head coach (Padrino system) and I heard that a certain family (Dumlao) who had a son in the JRS division was given PT not because of his skill but more due to their authority in USTs basketball operations before Coach Ayo came along. TBH I would rather have the MBT suspended than lose coach Ayo because he is one hell of a coach and the best we ever had after Aric Del Rosario.
    お元気ですか?

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    he' the most convenient scapegoat, the IPEA director (command responibility) and boosters should have been sanctioned as well IMO.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...Ky1eY6Y6dSYy8w
    Yeah the IPEA director resigned early I think. Hope they deal with the boosters too.

Page 121 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast