Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1360

Thread: UAAP season 83

Quote Originally Posted by mrjumbo03 View Post
    Nelle and Canlas?
    nelle oo pero si kwekuteye 3 years pa?.. dito masisira si manong, if he can field hin the performers just to satisfy the recruits of their backers.. ang nangyayari sasabog yun program..

look at this.. la salle has balti, aljun,encho, bates, lojera, import, hill, bartlett that's more talented than the manong handled in ceu(na disband pa nga yun team na yun) but they performed well and UE..

If Muyang and somehow pangalangan do have better pba careers like abu tratter and perkins aba mahiya na la salle sa pinagtatapon nilang basketball talents
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Its Nelle.

lol DLSU, short cut to success program.. can’t produce or develop their own players..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Its Nelle.
    I thought the fil foreigner in kwekuteye will be enticed to go taft, bat si nelle?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    lol DLSU, short cut to success program.. can’t produce or develop their own players..
    Right on the money. Only player I can think of in the last 10 years who actually improved was Justine Baltazar, and that's only because he went up against Mbala in practice and had to learn on his own.

Literally no other player was developed properly in DLSU in the past 10 years. Jeron Teng, Aljun Melecio, Andrei Caracut, etc. are all just slightly better than they were coming out of High School. No wonder any worthy prospect with more than 2 brain cells don't go to DLSU anymore.

Kala ko naman US NCAA, local NCAA lang pala. Haha.

Assuming it's Nelle and Canlas, do they need to sit out a year? It's been a while since NCAA players were poached by the UAAP. Nelle is like Melecio 2.0 but slightly better and more athletic.

Ilan years pa eligibility nila?

I look forward to this poaching para hindi lagi San Beda ang nasa finals. Nakakasawa na eh... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    We should have been used to that by now, as they have been doing this for years. But they have a foreign consultant now who supposedly specializes in development (Byrd) so who knows

Man... Good for DLSU to get Nelle & Canlas.

I just know he was being talked to. Have no idea how far that webt

If I'm not mistaken Nelle is originally from Zobel so this is very much possible. I just hope he transfers by himself & Kwekuteye stays with San Beda.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman42 View Post
    Man... Good for DLSU to get Nelle & Canlas.
    thats a shocking move.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    thats a shocking move.
    Not so much. Of course the money, and it's the UAAP, the much more popular league. Plus it's still DLSU despite the shit show bball mgt. Then maybe, the failure to deliver a title after Bolick & Mocon.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Kala ko naman US NCAA, local NCAA lang pala. Haha.

Assuming it's Nelle and Canlas, do they need to sit out a year? It's been a while since NCAA players were poached by the UAAP. Nelle is like Melecio 2.0 but slightly better and more athletic.

Ilan years pa eligibility nila?

I look forward to this poaching para hindi lagi San Beda ang nasa finals. Nakakasawa na eh... LOL
    Nah. Nelle is more of a pointguard than Melecio, who is a pointsguard. Also, Nelle's taller and has longer arms which bodes well on the defense, compared to Aljun who's just a walking mismatch on D. Good get if he does transfer, but will San Beda really let him go? They'll probably match whatever the offer is.

I think they still need to sit out. See William Navarro's transfer as exhibit A.

Quote Originally Posted by FITL View Post
    Right on the money. Only player I can think of in the last 10 years who actually improved was Justine Baltazar, and that's only because he went up against Mbala in practice and had to learn on his own.

Literally no other player was developed properly in DLSU in the past 10 years. Jeron Teng, Aljun Melecio, Andrei Caracut, etc. are all just slightly better than they were coming out of High School. No wonder any worthy prospect with more than 2 brain cells don't go to DLSU anymore.
    On Baltazar, he was already a monster in high school. To be honest, he probably would've developed even further in other program. I just don't see how having 3 coaches in 4 years could've helped his development.

IMO, Caracut peaked his rookie year and even regressed.

Nah. Nelle is more of a pointguard than Melecio, who is a pointsguard. Also, Nelle's taller and has longer arms which bodes well on the defense, compared to Aljun who's just a walking mismatch on D. Good get if he does transfer, but will San Beda really let him go? They'll probably match whatever the offer is.
    True that. For Beda’s sake I hope they have someone to fill those huge shoes.

Nelle’s call if he leaves or not, whether Beda matches or even ups the ante. They really can’t prevent him from leaving as he is not bound by a contract.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

I think they still need to sit out. See William Navarro's transfer as exhibit A.
    Well, people here seem to say that Nelle's transfer is all but complete, so fat chance for San Beda to be successful in a dive-and-save.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Well, people here seem to say that Nelle's transfer is all but complete, so fat chance for San Beda to be successful in a dive-and-save.
    Well goodluck! If that happens time to fire jude roque haha

With Nelle leaving and Letran reloading, I am expecting Letran to win it all again this coming season.
    LABAN PILIPINAS!

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    nelle oo pero si kwekuteye 3 years pa?.. dito masisira si manong, if he can field hin the performers just to satisfy the recruits of their backers.. ang nangyayari sasabog yun program..

look at this.. la salle has balti, aljun,encho, bates, lojera, import, hill, bartlett that's more talented than the manong handled in ceu(na disband pa nga yun team na yun) but they performed well and UE..

If Muyang and somehow pangalangan do have better pba careers like abu tratter and perkins aba mahiya na la salle sa pinagtatapon nilang basketball talents
    Is Muyang even good? I saw him in the Filoil game against Ateneo. He was allowed to hit Kouame at will but got Kouame in foul trouble on the other end with light calls. Im thinking that is how he is able to match up against the NCAA imports.

Not saying he doesnt have skill but I dont see him as a major contributor at center in the UAAP. Bates and Baltazar got abused by the imports. The shorter Muyang would probably do worse.

NCAA has contributed good guards and forwards lately to the PBA. But with the absence of imports I dont think their bigs will be able to do well. Note that Almazan and Sanggalang played against imports.

Inaya na rin sana nila si Oftana para masaya.

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast