UAAP season 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
    Leaving commercial baller stuff to sports5 wont work. Their crew is not good at all for that.

What you need is a block timer who understands things that excite and educate barangay ballers at high enough levels to reach serious advertising potential. This means it has exclusives that go way beyond ridiculous youtube postings by amateurish fans. It should be something like this forum thread, made exciting for tv.

For instance, regular segments can include:

a) presentation of interesting u14-16 potential candidates, interviews with them, and clips demonstrating their baller skills and athleticism. Then present and upcoming u17-19 players too

b) clips of upcoming fiba u16-19 talents from top 30 countries

c) baller development exercises, for both rich and poor boys, and equipment bought or handcrafted (eg improvised explosive jumping/ sprinting devices) for both barangay dasma and barangay 186 rich and dirt-poor boys.

d) coaching x and o explainers, eg, what the fu*k is the difference between princeton offense and princeton diploma from a usd26 billion endowment fund? This should include slomo videos on how specific offense and defense structures may be deployed

e) sex sells, so interviews with hot babes and their comments on flavor ballers of the month, and tsismis on who is going out with who

f) how to do in-court coach and player adjustments. Here, knowlegeable trios of local coaches will break down video plays of fiba top 20 teams, and comments on how they will counter

g) baller shoe models made around the world, and evaluation by popular players on their fit and comfort

h) interviews with reputable nba and fiba players on their life, difficult competitors, toughest teams they met and why, baller shoe models they have favorably used, etc.

i) team exercise videos of intermediate to advanced controlled dribbling, passing, screening, assisting, body defense, aggresive rebound positioning, foul avoidance, positioning movements without the ball, under-basket pass/shoot decision-making, 3 point and follow-up shooting, etc
    Agreed with this. Maybe except letter e

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
      They have (PBA) that already.. that segment w/ Ali Peek and Coach Ryan, another one is the 2OT courtesy of Magoo Marjon and Carlo Pamintuan.. Sports 5 should put it in their main channel.. I like their segment shows.. coach Ryan knowledge and Ali Peek's experience bringing the viewers knowledge.. while 2OT is my favorite.. try to watch...

I think one sports should rebrand and be the go to sports channel in the Ph. They have the resources naman. Time for Chot to step in again and rebrand TV5.

Been also an avid viewer of 2OT. Interactive kasi. Fans can get to ask questions sa guests.

Comment

Sa MPBL.. i don't know who is he? but is kinda annoyed.. i will find it later on..
        Jayvee Gayoso i think

Comment

TV5 can handle UAAP and NCAA.. they are best replacement.. atleast i can't hear now in S+A that qoute "sinalsal pa sa ere" hahahahhahahaha!!!
          If I'm the mancom of UAAP & NCAA, I will stay with the abs cbn sports, they are good in marketing, then air it on TV5, they can buy block time like the system of vintage sports before

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
            Agreed with this. Maybe except letter e
            Letter E sounds interesting lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              Letter E sounds interesting lol.
              That actually might be actually the segment that tv consumers would really want.

Alternatively, 5-minute quarters, or 20 minute scrimmage games can be televised between mixed collegiate-pro-filfor-fsa teams who will follow different play regimens. That is, one team may follow princeton offense, another triangle offense, continuity offense, quick hitter offense, 3-2 zone, 2-3 zone, floating man-to-man-to-zone, etc, with team coaches who understand and can explain these in slomo.

Barangay ballers may factually be more interested in these set scrimmage games as they see popular players they like,and get to learn how high-level fiba and nba wars can be won under differing stressful conditions. At the same time, games are short enough to minimize injuries while using all players. The perfect "serious pickup" games in a permanently covidized world.

So, a one-hour program is highly watchable. There are quality pick-up games, complete with tv commercial plugs, and useful baller lessons for the day.
              Last edited by ccharmed; 07-11-2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                Gma affordabox must take this opportunity.

They must get Nba, Uaap,Ncaa, Anime, Kdrama channnels because these are the on demand shows.

Gma can create a channel Gma Sports right????
                remember easy tv ? that digital box included nba premium tv, basketball tv, solar sports, jack tv and history channel, it only operated for a yr and ceased operations last yr because of franchise issues (RE you cant ask for a subscription fee for a broadcast aired on a free frequency)..hope gma does not commit the same mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                  Jayvee Gayoso i think
                  It's Cedelf Tupaz who was Jayvee's partner that time

Comment

• Some schools have totally cut of the allowances to players while the big schools can still afford.
                    The parity might get worse. Heck even UP stopped.

Comment

• As much as we all want basketball, the UAAP might as well admit they are a professional league if they have a season when students arent even on campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                        As much as we all want basketball, the UAAP might as well admit they are a professional league if they have a season when students arent even on campus.
                        Anything that challenges the Philippine Bulok Association is fine with me.
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                          Anything that challenges the Philippine Bulok Association is fine with me.
                          The PBA shouldn't come back, so much more the UAAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post

That is nothing compared to " ANAK NG PUTA! NILINIS NIYA YUNG SAHIG!" when a player in the UAAP dove for the ball during the Silverstar coverage days. haha
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by live_evil View Post
                              That is nothing compared to " ANAK NG PUTA! NILINIS NIYA YUNG SAHIG!" when a player in the UAAP dove for the ball during the Silverstar coverage days. haha
                              Well, those are real-world comments in manila barangay or corporate color leagues. I've heard far more sarcastic comments that should belong in pba games.

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post

MPBL has their own production team and is just a blocktimer in S&A.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information