UAAP season 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Servinio View Post
    Since 1986, the UAAP has two sets of rules. One set is applicable to seven schools while the other set is exclusively for De La Salle University.

By the way, was there a real need to bring in overpaid notary publics to the meeting? Is that part of the law firm's sponsorship deal with the Basketball team or simple intimidation tactics?

http://servssports.wordpress.com
    So true!!!

In 1991, DLSU lost a chance for a 3-peat. In 2008, the school was suspended in all sports when the issue only concerned the MBT (not sure if Adamson was suspended in all sports when the Marlou Aquino fiasco happened in the early 90's). Then the sudden changing of the residency rule for imports to delay the entry of Mbala. All decided by the UAAP board.

I don't know of a time when DLSU won anything if the decision is up to the UAAP Board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
      I think they should bring back the old "Jerie Pingoy rule" nabrought up ni coach Franz during a TV5 podcast interview that players who want to transfer should undergo 2, not 1 year residency.
      I believe there is already a law passed which prohibits preventing this (sponsored by then Cong. Pia Cayetano)

Comment

• Making it 2 years red shirting would really limit poaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jclf View Post
          If i’m not mistaken, the Jerie Pingoy rule covers even transfers from a UAAP high school to a UAAP college. FEU wasn’t pleased that their “investment” on Pingoy during his highschool years was wasted when he chose to go to ADMU in college.

Basketball lang naman ata yung may ganitong problem sa piracy, so unfair na may nadadamay na ibang athletes sa sports na di napapanood sa tv. Diba nagka senate hearing pa about this because ang downside ng residency is di nama-maximize yung potential ng mga bata.

My bad. Let me revise my post. I think they should tweak the Jerie Pingoy rule. They should also involve college to college transferees. To prohibit or lessen poaching. Since 5 years rin naman ang maximum number of eligibility

Comment

My bad. Let me revise my post. I think they should tweak the Jerie Pingoy rule. They should also involve college to college transferees. To prohibit or lessen poaching. Since 5 years rin naman ang maximum number of eligibility

Yeah. Even if they did not come from a UAAP member school. Especially if they did not come from a UAAP school.

The NCAA should also impose this rule. It would make everyone develop their own players rather than just poaching 24 year old rookies from an unknown leagues or discards.

Comment

• Just to update you guys, the UAAP board wants to sanction those responsible for the bicol bubble and has decided to spare the players. All are in accord to sanction coach Aldin Ayo although those sanctions are yet to be decided. There is also a rumor that Coach Ayo has prepared a letter of resignation which he is about to tender to UST management but that remains unverified.
              お元気ですか?

Comment

• Originally posted by r1ck View Post
                Just to update you guys, the UAAP board wants to sanction those responsible for the bicol bubble and has decided to spare the players. All are in accord to sanction coach Aldin Ayo although those sanctions are yet to be decided. There is also a rumor that Coach Ayo has prepared a letter of resignation which he is about to tender to UST management but that remains unverified.
                heard the team was spared and not suspended
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• Ayo can’t hold a job for one reason or another

Comment

• Originally posted by r1ck View Post
                      Just to update you guys, the UAAP board wants to sanction those responsible for the bicol bubble and has decided to spare the players. All are in accord to sanction coach Aldin Ayo although those sanctions are yet to be decided. There is also a rumor that Coach Ayo has prepared a letter of resignation which he is about to tender to UST management but that remains unverified.

he' the most convenient scapegoat, the IPEA director (command responibility) and boosters should have been sanctioned as well IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck View Post
                        Ayo can’t hold a job for one reason or another
                        UST alumni’s, who hate ayo, got their wish..

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          That is true there is a certain group of alumni/benefactors that hated the idea of giving complete control of the MB program to Aldin Ayo and his staff. These are the same influential people who placed Boy "Sablay" as a head coach (Padrino system) and I heard that a certain family (Dumlao) who had a son in the JRS division was given PT not because of his skill but more due to their authority in USTs basketball operations before Coach Ayo came along. TBH I would rather have the MBT suspended than lose coach Ayo because he is one hell of a coach and the best we ever had after Aric Del Rosario.
                          お元気ですか?

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                            he' the most convenient scapegoat, the IPEA director (command responibility) and boosters should have been sanctioned as well IMO.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...Ky1eY6Y6dSYy8w
                            Yeah the IPEA director resigned early I think. Hope they deal with the boosters too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                              Sana di nalang umalis si Ayo sa Letran. This shouldnt have happened if he did not leave CSJL

Comment

Sana di nalang umalis si Ayo sa Letran. This shouldnt have happened if he did not leave CSJL
                                no pun intended but “Money Talks”

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information