UAAP season 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Is Muyang even good? I saw him in the Filoil game against Ateneo. He was allowed to hit Kouame at will but got Kouame in foul trouble on the other end with light calls. Im thinking that is how he is able to match up against the NCAA imports.

Not saying he doesnt have skill but I dont see him as a major contributor at center in the UAAP. Bates and Baltazar got abused by the imports. The shorter Muyang would probably do worse.

NCAA has contributed good guards and forwards lately to the PBA. But with the absence of imports I dont think their bigs will be able to do well. Note that Almazan and Sanggalang played against imports.
    the guy had heft.. and underratedly quick if cs with his vertucsl limitations and fajardo able to dominate our league..not saying he will have jf cs like numbers, but he will be a handful, marunong gumamit ng katawannto to finish underneath.. raoul soyud is an unhearlded solid player in the pro, i dont see muyang to get noticed unless he has a poor work ethic he isnt ken bono who is slow..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olynyk View Post
      To clarify some of the erroneous speculations here.

Even before the discussion about Evan Nelle started in this forum, SBU coaching staff and management have already decided weeks ago to let Evan Nelle go if he decides to leave and play somewhere else. The decision is such because the kid is emotionally immature and has displayed an attitude that is not good for the team. The team bent over backwards many times in the past to understand his fits of emotional tantrums.

The loss in the finals apparently took its toll and team management eventually reached its tipping point.

When Nelle sent signals of leaving (he only attended the first practice in January and has since disappeared), the team decided to let him do as he pleases. The kid is better off performing his antics elsewhere.

As for James Canlas, he is staying in Mendiola. He never entertained any thought of transferring. Straight from the King Lion's mouth.

Edited to add:

Nelle has not bid goodbye to the team. He simply failed to show up since last week. Hence, we can never say with certainty that he has left Mendiola. Just saying as a fact because he might change his mind even without San Beda doing anything to stop him. Without or without Nelle, SBU's backcourt remains stable, if not better, with 6'1 PG Ralph Penuela now fully recovered from the injury that prevented him from playing last season and another 6'1 PG Fil-Am Dan Villejo ready to suit up after a year of residency.
      Nelle will fit right in DLSU then.

May successor na pala si Ricci Rivero sa DLSU... LOL!

Comment

• Won't be surprising to see Nelle in green next year. His stepdad is Derrick Pumaren's cousin and he went to Zobel before tranferring to Taytay.
        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• So homegrown pala siya unlike Canlas....

Comment

• Why would Nelle and Canlas leave SBU? They're in a good program already. Both are producing MVP numbers for a contender in only their second year and almost a sure pathway sa PBA. I don't think burning bridges with SBU and joining a dysfunctional team is a logical move.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
              hohohoho
              Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              Why would Nelle and Canlas leave SBU? They're in a good program already. Both are producing MVP numbers for a contender in only their second year and almost a sure pathway sa PBA. I don't think burning bridges with SBU and joining a dysfunctional team is a logical move.
              San Beda is not a sure pathway to the PBA. No one school is. Despite their dominance in the last decade, only a few really made an impact in the PBA... Namely Bolick and Amer. Art before the injury. To some extent, Caram and Mocon.

The ones before them had limited success - the 2 Pascuals, Lanete, and the Semerads. The batch of Gamalinda, Menor, Escobal and Aljamal fared even worse.

Oftana will surely make the PBA. Besides him, I don't see anyone else.

I think the only consistent feeder school for the PBA is FEU but they are also on a decline.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                San Beda is not a sure pathway to the PBA. No one school is. In recent history, despite their dominance, only 1-2 a batch make it as a regular rotation player in the PBA.

Bolick, Amer, Caram and Mocon. The ones before them had limited success - the 2 Pascuals, Lanete, Art (he was good before getting injured) and the Semerads. The batch of Gamalinda, Menor, Escobal and Aljamal fared even worse.

I think the only consistent feeder school for the PBA is FEU but they are also on a decline.
                It's almost guaranteed that will be picked. Especially since they're already members of the mythical team in just their second year. Not saying they're going to be super stars though. Look at Caram he's undersized and quite limited but he's had a productive career so far and was just a backup at college. Anjo soent some time in team b to work on his body and game. These 2 a way ahead of Caram at same age. They're in a better situation too getting their lion's share of minutes at their respective positions with a veteran coach too maximizing their talents and hiding their weaknesses.

Also remember they have to sit out 1 year if ever they do transfer. And DLSU's got a new coach too and possibly tons of new recruits who also needs minutes.

Comment

• Well if it's just Nelle leaving it's ok. Just don't bring Kwekuteye with him hehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by FITL View Post
                    English only sir. And DLSU is still a shit program, no matter how you put it. The plan is still and always has been throwing money at every single available blue chip.
                    Wow! DLSU must be a very exciting and interesting team next season with the amount of bashing they are receiving. A player resigns and join another team, DLSU is to blame because of poor basketball program.
                    On the other hand, when a player from the other teams join DLSU, DLSU again is to blame for poaching. Gosh! parang "cara y cruz", pag cara talo ka, pag cruz panalo ako. Magandang season ito, hindi pa nag uumpisa laban, binubogbog na sa psy-war, ibig sabihin malakas at takot sila.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmopolitan View Post
                      Wow! DLSU must be a very exciting and interesting team next season with the amount of bashing they are receiving. A player resigns and join another team, DLSU is to blame because of poor basketball program.
                      On the other hand, when a player from the other teams join DLSU, DLSU again is to blame for poaching. Gosh! parang "cara y cruz", pag cara talo ka, pag cruz panalo ako. Magandang season ito, hindi pa nag uumpisa laban, binubogbog na sa psy-war, ibig sabihin malakas at takot sila.
                      If season 82 is any indication, not really. DLSU was also one of the most talked about teams.. Didnt amount to much

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmopolitan View Post
                        Media and PR machinery is non existent. I blame this. That other school has some of the biggest media conglomerates on its side.

What they do, other schools also do, but somehow when they do it, it's wrong. Maybe it has something to do with how they execute the strategy?

The stigma from the suspension probably has an effect too but then again millennials wouldn't have witnessed those years yet.

Anyway, they don't have time to bother with the haters and outside noise kung sila sila palang sa loob nagkakagulo na. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                          Media and PR machinery is non existent. I blame this. That other school has some of the biggest media conglomerates on its side.

What they do, other schools also do, but somehow when they do it, it's wrong. Maybe it has something to do with how they execute the strategy?

The stigma from the suspension probably has an effect too but then again millennials wouldn't have witnessed those years yet.

Anyway, they don't have time to bother with the haters and outside noise kung sila sila palang sa loob nagkakagulo na. LOL.
                          Ateneo has Boom Gonzalez, La Salle has Quinito. Go figure lol
                          “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                          -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                            Poor Boom. Hardcore Atenistas think he's too green. On the other hand, Hardcore La Sallistas think he's too blue

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                              I've never met an Atenean who likes Boom. Myself included. Mico Halili would be a better comparison. But at least he's entertaining.
                              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                                I've never met an Atenean who likes Boom. Myself included. Mico Halili would be a better comparison. But at least he's entertaining.
                                Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
                                Poor Boom. Hardcore Atenistas think he's too green. On the other hand, Hardcore La Sallistas think he's too blue
                                Boom can't seem to stop himself from fanboying for Ateneo when he's supposed to call the plays. Mico on the other hand tries his best to sound neutral and it shows. Quinito on the other hand is just meh.
                                “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                                -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information