No announcement yet.

Euroleague Regular Season: Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob must have decided to have another Twin Peaks marathon after that game.

Comment

Barcelona without 4 players grabbed a victory against Red Star. Davis is the best center in euroleague, that' s for sure.

What happened with Real and their 2 - point shot? Congrats to Efes fans, very good game for their players, but your team has very short rotation and that's not a good thing.

Finally a victory for Panathinaikos on road after two terrible results.

Comment

if we will not give more space to bryant, one who is a real good player , if we ll not invest on dorsey, cutting minutes from wilbekin, if we will not
        consider caloiaro as our pf instead of my nightmare-acy , this team will have many problems. i like wil. good scorer but sfair should give space to different g like bryant, for his great talent, and dorsey, giving him 20 min couple of euro matches starting from 20/25 min in il league

Comment

Originally posted by markkanen View Post
          Barcelona without 4 players grabbed a victory against Red Star. Davis is the best center in euroleague, that' s for sure.

What happened with Real and their 2 - point shot? Congrats to Efes fans, very good game for their players, but your team has very short rotation and that's not a good thing.

Offensively I may agree with you but defensively my vote goes to Dunston. If he had some lenght, it would be impossible to watch in Euroleague. The problem is, as you mentioned, short rotation. Dunston is not a young fella. He can't keep playing like that.

Comment

Originally posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
            Offensively I may agree with you but defensively my vote goes to Dunston. If he had some lenght, it would be impossible to watch in Euroleague. The problem is, as you mentioned, short rotation. Dunston is not a young fella. He can't keep playing like that.
            Dunston didn't miss a single EL game last year while playing 26 minutes in average.
            he is a beast and obviously taking a very good care of his body.
            once Moerman returns it should be easier also for him as Singleton can be also used as C.
            and Pleiss will come back to at least being useful sooner or later.
            Moerman, Peters, Singleton, Dunston, Pleiss, Sanli.
            that is not a bad rotation of bigs.
            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Barcelona without 4 players grabbed a victory against Red Star
              But they had Filip Covic.

Comment

Our massive defensive problems were exposed again.

Zenit who had scored 65, 63 and 64 (before OT) managed 79 yesterday.
                Red Star managed 82 against us. Since then 68, 69 and 65.

With all due respect for both these teams, they will not even get close to top 8.

One thing I've noticed is that if both Fredette and Papagiannis are on the court we leak points easy and fast. Pedoulakis should already know by now the problem yet again he started the game with both on court and we were down 8-2 in the first 3 mins. He doesn't know how to utilise a 1,1 million euro player in Wes Johnson. He's destroying his confidence each game that goes by. All games we've played are the same. The only difference with yesterday is that Zenit missed all their free 3 p shots in the last 2 mins. The sooner this clown is sacked the better.
                Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

lets put to side that zvezda was without derick brown and billy baron, biggest handicap is that idiot covic needs to play 20 minutes..
                  and believe me my friend, if barca have that handicap, they will not be able to be in top 10 in el..

Comment

Ataman would use a 7-man rotation even if he had the Dream Team '92. We cannot afford to go on like this for the entire season, but I'm afraid he will.

Efes played actually really well yesterday; I was impressed the way we run some plays, Ataman had done his homework. posting up Carroll & Campazzo, defensive traps on top of the key, etc. The first satisfying win of the season. Well done.

We have a core of Dunston & Micic who always deliver. Then it's Simon (usually Simon), Larkin, or someone else who can make a difference. Singleton joined them yesterday. So far we're shooting poorly, and the occasional defensive lapses are happening too often.
                    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by AmonRA View Post
                      lets put to side that zvezda was without derick brown and billy baron, biggest handicap is that idiot covic needs to play 20 minutes..
                      and believe me my friend, if barca have that handicap, they will not be able to be in top 10 in el..
                      If the Covic is owners son, you are royally screwed.
                      Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                      Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                        Ataman would use a 7-man rotation even if he had the Dream Team '92. We cannot afford to go on like this for the entire season, but I'm afraid he will.

Efes played actually really well yesterday; I was impressed the way we run some plays, Ataman had done his homework. posting up Carroll & Campazzo, defensive traps on top of the key, etc. The first satisfying win of the season. Well done.

We have a core of Dunston & Micic who always deliver. Then it's Simon (usually Simon), Larkin, or someone else who can make a difference. Singleton joined them yesterday. So far we're shooting poorly, and the occasional defensive lapses are happening too often.
                        You are a bit harsh to Efes this time
                        There is no perfect game but last night was near that. At least defensive side, 3pt percentage was poor, but most of the missed shoots were open.
                        7-8 man rotation in EL isn't problem but adventage for Efes, because in BSL bench players do the job in most of the games. Quality of BSL teams is not high as use to be and that allows Fener and Efes to rest the main players over weekend.

Efes is team with the most talented roster in EL, with three players who can make shoots for themselfs in every situation. Beside that, Dunston is one of the best pick and roll centers, which give many opporunities in offense for easy open shots.

Downside is that Efes has the most untalented player too, but seems that Sarica and Ataman think that he is usefull. I don't know for what but maybe for the circus on the trapeze
                        Last edited by janketa; 10-25-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                          You are a bit harsh to Efes this time
                          I didn't mean to be. on the contrary, it was quite a satisfactory win. against a team that we always lose (6-22 since 2000).
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

We might lose today depending on our shooting performances, especially depending on Sloukas' and Dixon's performances.

This fixture list (Real away, Red Star away, Milano away and then Maccabi away games) is really a nightmare when we don't have completely ready Vesely and Lauvergne.
                            FENERBAHÇE
                            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                            --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                            --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

I can't wait to watch oly getting destroyed by Baskonia
                              Sometimes, Oly get an unexpected win when almost everyone thinks they are doomed. If Pridezis and Spanoulis play like they could a decade ago, they have a chance. Slim.

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                                I can't wait to watch oly getting destroyed by Baskonia
                                Sometimes, Oly get an unexpected win when almost everyone thinks they are doomed. If Pridezis and Spanoulis play like they could a decade ago, they have a chance. Slim.
                                Wow, haha, that seems like it came out of nowhere :P
                                3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information