Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EuroCup 2019/20

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    partizan played good but Virtus played really bad. Allergic on hard defense. partizan will be hard nut to crack with this energy in Belgrade. I wish I am wrong but I think partizan could make something really big in Eurocup this season as quality is quite manageable.

Again, Djordjevic works as long as his charisma is working. Beside this...
    I was wondering, when did Partizan start to raise their budget? They are obviously recruiting well and producing their own players also, but weren't they in really bad financial difficulties a couple of years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I was wondering, when did Partizan start to raise their budget? They are obviously recruiting well and producing their own players also, but weren't they in really bad financial difficulties a couple of years ago?
    They poured in 10+ million into the club in the last 2 years. Settling debts, clearing books and spending more on coaching and players. They have pro-government management in place, and they pretty much get whatever they ask for now. They will clear up their debts in record time and mount a more serious challenge for ABA and Serbian league in the coming seasons.

There are even rumors of some kind of backroom deal in the state, deciding to hand the basketball supremacy to Partizan as an equalizer for the favoritism in football towards Zvezda. So, kind of to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    They poured in 10+ million into the club in the last 2 years. Settling debts, clearing books and spending more on coaching and players. They have pro-government management in place, and they pretty much get whatever they ask for now. They will clear up their debts in record time and mount a more serious challenge for ABA and Serbian league in the coming seasons.

There are even rumors of some kind of backroom deal in the state, deciding to hand the basketball supremacy to Partizan as an equalizer for the favoritism in football towards Zvezda. So, kind of to balance it out.
    Thanks for the explanation, I had no idea about any of this. I was surprised when Trinchieri went there and the calibre of players they have seen signing recently, but it's making more sense now.

Anyway, very disappointing result for Bologna in the end.

Important win for placement in quarter-final.With great start,we provoke mental block of Virtus,what made bigger advatage and more problems for Virtus .We kept high offensive pace during the first half,full court aggresive defense ,with some mistakes,especially in last 4 minutes of 2nd quarter and first few minutes on 3rd quarter .I m not satisfied ,when is our good night ,we have good periods on bursts and rushes ,but on some other periods we make mistakes which could cost us in some other cases .So,my objection on this team of Partizan is lack of system ,which is compensated with improvisation,but that often does`nt works .

Comment of coachz is one of the most shameful ,what I readed in my life . Supporter of club who change the emblem ,name and address ,because debts of 15 million Euros ,in order to lower on 2,5 percemt of debts .All that ,under government for who they say Partizan is favoured . Under this goverment ,since 2012 in Crvena Zvezda with changed name and emblem ,without any results,was signing Nelson,Rakocevic,Elton Brown,Savovic. In next seasons ,they have always budget over 5 million Euros ,now they have budget of 9 or 10 million Euros ,they have in team Gist,Lorenzo Brown,Perperoglou,Baron,Jenkins,Kuzmic ,untill recently Derrick Brown was there .But them bother team of Partizan with Walden from Holon, Gordic,Redding,Thomas ,Mosley who was backup center in Trieste.Our budget is 3,5 untill 4 million Euros ,that perfectly shows completely hypocrisy supporters of Crvena Zvezda ,who has biggest budget in history of basketball in former Yugoslavia .

Gman Are you kidding,where I wrote ,I m supporter of Crvena Zvezda .You messed something .

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    Important win for placement in quarter-final.With great start,we provoke mental block of Virtus,what made bigger advatage and more problems for Virtus .We kept high offensive pace during the first half,full court aggresive defense ,with some mistakes,especially in last 4 minutes of 2nd quarter and first few minutes on 3rd quarter .I m not satisfied ,when is our good night ,we have good periods on bursts and rushes ,but on some other periods we make mistakes which could cost us in some other cases .So,my objection on this team of Partizan is lack of system ,which is compensated with improvisation,but that often does`nt works .

Comment of coachz is one of the most shameful ,what I readed in my life . Supporter of club who change the emblem ,name and address ,because debts of 15 million Euros ,in order to lower on 2,5 percemt of debts .All that ,under government for who they say Partizan is favoured . Under this goverment ,since 2012 in Crvena Zvezda with changed name and emblem ,without any results,was signing Nelson,Rakocevic,Elton Brown,Savovic. In next seasons ,they have always budget over 5 million Euros ,now they have budget of 9 or 10 million Euros ,they have in team Gist,Lorenzo Brown,Perperoglou,Baron,Jenkins,Kuzmic ,untill recently Derrick Brown was there .But them bother team of Partizan with Walden from Holon, Gordic,Redding,Thomas ,Mosley who was backup center in Trieste.Our budget is 3,5 untill 4 million Euros ,that perfectly shows completely hypocrisy supporters of Crvena Zvezda ,who has biggest budget in history of basketball in former Yugoslavia .

Gman Are you kidding,where I wrote ,I m supporter of Crvena Zvezda .You messed something .
    Dude, read carefully what I have written. Did I ever mention that Zvezda has not been helped by the current regime? I have no love for Covic, nor the way club was saved when it was in it's terrible shape. I am well aware how criminals stole money from the club I love and took it to the brink of extintion. I also know what it took to get it back here.

Now, you said nothing to prove what I said about Partizan was a lie. Was Partizan 7 million in debt just about 1 and a half year ago? Is the new Partizan president a criminal like Covic? From having your accounts frozen, not being able to sign players you are now a respective Eurocup team with rising ambitions, the most expensive coach in Ex-Yu history and rising budgets. The budget is not as big as Zvezda, but it is rising. All of things that I said is true. Yes, Partizan fans don't like to hear this but it is nontheless true, like it was done when Zvezda was in the shit. Both clubs are state run criminal enterprises and now they both have presidents and board that is filled with pro-government people.

What happened in football with Zvezda is even more extreme. The help from the state etc. The deal I mentioned is something that has been repeatedly rumored and mentioned by both sides (Zvezda and Partizan fans) in the past. Whether it is true, we will see. What is 100% true though is that Partizan finally has enough support that if they fail to make a comeback to EL and win trophies in the years to come, it will be 100% their own fault, and not because of money...

After writting my first comment ,I read last part of your first comment when you wrote about football club CZ .So,I admire I was a little bit too brisk.

Let start chronoligally .Wasn't Partizan`s debt 7 million ,than probably 5 ,that Danilovic said when he resigning .Yes,I cannot tell anything good for president of Partizan .

But,you miss part of story ,how management of Partizan coming in club .That was state intrusion in one club,maybe first time in history of sport in Europe,President of some state was involved in removal of a coach in some club .Before and after that,we were in enormous problems .In some seasons,with budget under million Euros .Since this season,relationship between government and Partizan isn't destructive ,but we `ll see ,is it this budget part of some credits or ticks ,or would be similar budget next season if we would play Euroleague ,or relationship would back like was after this season . Also,trophy of national league on the way,where Baron makes 4 and a half steps in last second on 4th game of finals ,by the way demonstrates relationship of government toward two clubs . But,you wrote about 10 million Euros for two seasons,that isnt true ,even close .

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    After writting my first comment ,I read last part of your first comment when you wrote about football club CZ .So,I admire I was a little bit too brisk.

Let start chronoligally .Wasn't Partizan`s debt 7 million ,than probably 5 ,that Danilovic said when he resigning .Yes,I cannot tell anything good for president of Partizan .

But,you miss part of story ,how management of Partizan coming in club .That was state intrusion in one club,maybe first time in history of sport in Europe,President of some state was involved in removal of a coach in some club .Before and after that,we were in enormous problems .In some seasons,with budget under million Euros .Since this season,relationship between government and Partizan isn't destructive ,but we `ll see ,is it this budget part of some credits or ticks ,or would be similar budget next season if we would play Euroleague ,or relationship would back like was after this season . Also,trophy of national league on the way,where Baron makes 4 and a half steps in last second on 4th game of finals ,by the way demonstrates relationship of government toward two clubs . But,you wrote about 10 million Euros for two seasons,that isnt true ,even close .
    10 million euros was pumped into the club, not for the budget for players, but to clear the debts and other things. Partizan last season was somewhere between 2-3million, This year it is probably around 4-4.5mil my estimate on realistic prices of players. The fact is that the club is cleared of most of these obligations already and now they will focus the money on players etc.

The way Partizan got a new president is similar how Covic was input in Zvezda. The principle is the same, everything else is just shades of grey. They had interest to put people in both clubs and control them. Since Zvezda was in the shit, there was noone like Vujosevic to stand in the way, so noone was needed to be removed.

Regarding last year's finals, Zvezda was 2-1 up in the final series in that 4th game. Tight game with a bad ref call won by Zvezda. Noone can script that, if it was truly a setup the refs would've killed you all game and we won comfortably. Let's say Baron doesn't score and refs make a good call and you end up winning. It's still 2-2 and the final game is played in our court. So you have to win that one. It's a tough, tough road.

Try to see things objectively, I always do. I am not someone who is a crazy Ultras that just screams nonsense. I love basketball first, Zvezda second if you understand. If there was no Zvezda or Partizan I would still watch the same amount of basketball.

Virtus is just an average EC team with Teodosic and Markovic in years.

Considering roster quality and homecourt, Partizan is among the contenders with Unics and Unicaja.

@Nemanja
    who do u think giving all this money to partizan in last years?
    why yours president and coach as well, like on every month thanking to government and president of serbia?
    dont be a stupid boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Virtus is just an average EC team with Teodosic and Markovic in years.

Considering roster quality and homecourt, Partizan is among the contenders with Unics and Unicaja.
    I don't know, Virtus have been doing pretty well in the Italian League and had a good win against Milan about a week ago.
    They qualified easily after the first round of Eurocup but they didn't look totally convincing in several of those games. Still, I don't think with this roster they should be getting beaten as badly as they did in Belgrade.

I don't know, Virtus have been doing pretty well in the Italian League and had a good win against Milan about a week ago.
    They qualified easily after the first round of Eurocup but they didn't look totally convincing in several of those games. Still, I don't think with this roster they should be getting beaten as badly as they did in Belgrade.
    Armani? be serious man
    if Armani didn't have A licence, they would miss EL like 8 of last 10 seasons, despite the fact that every year they have 20+m

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRA View Post
    Armani? be serious man
    Yeah I almost backspaced after I typed that, but Milan did get a good win in the Euroleague tonight!

Yeah I almost backspaced after I typed that, but Milan did get a good win in the Euroleague tonight!
    well, of course they will win from time to time, but honestly, since siena, italy doesn't have a serious team..

well, of course they will win from time to time, but honestly, since siena, italy doesn't have a serious team..
    Where do you see Virtus finishing in the Eurocup and will Jordi give them a wildcard for next season regardless?

Where do you see Virtus finishing in the Eurocup and will Jordi give them a wildcard for next season regardless?
    well, didn't watch much ec this year, but with checking rosters of teams and standings, the quality of this year ec its really poor, there is not a single one serious team..
    which is not strange since el this season pick up 18 teams(and even there is lack of quality)...
    anyways, unix and partizan on paper have best teams, and than goes virtus and juventut..
    so guess one of them will take ec this year, still depends who will meet in knockout phase..

about virtus and wc for el, well it's definitely possible knowing jordi, but from aspect of result, they need much more better players, coz with current one, no doubt they will defintely be the last one in el..

@Nemanja
    who do u think giving all this money to partizan in last years?
    why yours president and coach as well, like on every month thanking to government and president of serbia?
    dont be a stupid boy.
    You wrote lies .Our president thanks to State President ,because he brought him in club,of course he didnt do because interests of club . Trinchieri once told good on State President .6 years of this government conducted complerely obstruction of Partizan. Of course ,this part you leave out ,you `re constantly focused on one season ,where relationship is different .In my opinion,this is spin.Overhwhelmingly,in order to justify role and conscious of Crvena Zvezda like project of government ,almost in every years ,including this one,in almost every sport .

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...ummer-of-2020/

If i understood well, this means that:

1) Valencia reaches Top8 = only the winner of EuroCup plays in Euroleague next season
    2) Valencia doesn't reach Top8 = both finalists of EuroCup play in Euroleague next season

Monaco up 53-15 on Rytas....

That's wild .....Was gonna take an in game bet Rytas +27.5 but you can see they're really struggling with Monaco's defense , so i didn't bother.......

Monaco - Rytas 53-15 HT

Second quarter 21-3

Wtf?
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Awesome crowd in Partizan....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast