OT: Back from Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Back from Military

Hi guys, I'm back after my military service. Hopefully I didn't miss too much, I couldn't see the games but followed the news. Now I can continue to harp on the defensive deficiencies of this Fener roster
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Originally posted by vivo View Post
    Hi guys, I'm back after my military service. Hopefully I didn't miss too much, I couldn't see the games but followed the news. Now I can continue to harp on the defensive deficiencies of this Fener roster
    military service of three weeks? any stories?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
      He brought a bit democracy and a bit peace to Syria, what else?
      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
        He brought a bit democracy and a bit peace to Syria, what else?
        a la american style. but with no oil in return.

imagine signing up for the army service to get rid it out of the way quickly, ending up in an actual war. I wonder if there was any such "bedelli" there?

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
          Yes, only setup in the world where you pay in advance to do 3 weeks of labor. We weren't in Syria of course (I believe the army only sends experienced troops to actual combat now) but I got to shoot 9 bullets with a G3 rifle so that was nice
          Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
          Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
          Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
            Yes, only setup in the world where you pay in advance to do 3 weeks of labor. We weren't in Syria of course (I believe the army only sends experienced troops to actual combat now) but I got to shoot 9 bullets with a G3 rifle so that was nice
            9 bullets.. You must be very lucky.. Considering I had 6 for 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by ab_mj View Post
              9 bullets.. You must be very lucky.. Considering I had 6 for 12 months
              I was trying to remember, I think I also got to shoot 6 in 12 months. and that was in the 2nd week, 2 x 3 shots (and I had ended up with 4 holes in my target at the first 3 shots; blind neighbor(s) or pre-existing holes).

My service was for 12 months, too, but the training was for the first three weeks only, I guess similar to what the new schedule is. We had also 3 x 4 AK-47 shots and some pistol shooting on various positions. I don't like guns, but I liked shooting; attended to plenty of pistol sessions later on as an officer, too.

Comment

3 weeks? You young people are lucky, I had to do it for 6 months even though I have a bachelor's degree. Anyways, welcome back.
                FENERBAHÇE
                --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information