No announcement yet.

Euroleague Regular Season: Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you aren't talking enough about Žalgiris. We still need a couple of games to see if that potential is converting or it is just a one time bomb, but we defeated full roster REAL, onle Mejri was injured. If Perez will adapt to Šaras wishes, I think we will do something special. Many journalists are very skeptical about Žalgiris, but the potential is crazy. No one in EL can pound on teams weak spots all 40min. Šaras said, that Perez in absolute shock that he asks Perez to do a 3 PnR per attack, because only through it you can make an advantage without superstars. LeDay is an absolute stubborn suicide monster But in a good way. Šaras is genius using overflowing energy (Davies example). LeDay beats his head, screams, and gets energy from 15k fans. Crazy entertaining.

Comment

• i just noticed that i don't know half the roster in Olympiacos
      seriously who are these guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
        I think you aren't talking enough about Žalgiris. We still need a couple of games to see if that potential is converting or it is just a one time bomb, but we defeated full roster REAL, onle Mejri was injured. If Perez will adapt to Šaras wishes, I think we will do something special. Many journalists are very skeptical about Žalgiris, but the potential is crazy. No one in EL can pound on teams weak spots all 40min. Šaras said, that Perez in absolute shock that he asks Perez to do a 3 PnR per attack, because only through it you can make an advantage without superstars. LeDay is an absolute stubborn suicide monster But in a good way. Šaras is genius using overflowing energy (Davies example). LeDay beats his head, screams, and gets energy from 15k fans. Crazy entertaining.
        Too early to get excited just yet. So far it's been two poor games vs. 1 great game for Zalgiris. But still, the question of point guards is still open and if things don't change it can turn into a really sore wound. Also, I don't expect Leday to be such a huge factor every game, he's very inconsistent. Jusk ask Oly fans.
        Finally, there's not gonna be so many teams with such explicit weak spots to exploit and definitely there won't be much coaches as stubborn (or dumb) like Laso, getting pounded time and time again, but still keeping a 220cm Lurch against a fairly quick and good shooter.
        I mean what's the deal with with Tavares anyway? Getting 3m and best defender awards for being exploted like this?
        One of the most overpaid and overrated players in EL, imo.

Comment

• I was just about to say this about Leday. Keep in mind he holds the all-time PIR record for us (!). In another game the opposing center will get 20 rebounds over him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
            I was just about to say this about Leday. Keep in mind he holds the all-time PIR record for us (!). In another game the opposing center will get 20 rebounds over him.
            He's a hothead and very matchup dependent. Also, his defensive abilities are questionable. After great preseason, LKL (14.4pts, 19rkg in 17min, 77% 2pt and 75% 3pt) performances and the game against Real some fans and media sources are already comparing him to Brandon Davies, but Davies is a completely different beast, more polished overall. I hope Saras can tame Leday and turn him into more consistent and reliable contributor.

Comment

• this week calathes had to take the shot. he scored every shot until that point in the final quarter. like i said previous week the problem of the team is that fucking scumbag pedoulakis. he kept fredette out of the game for the last seconds and his excuse was that he had rice in because he is better at low post defence(!!!). and fof course finished the game once again without any center although willey was our best player and he did great job defensively as well.

i hope pedoulakis gets sacked soon as possible. even alvertis would be an upgrade compared to that idiot. the team is not playing anything planned offensively. a screen at top and floaters from 4-5 meters from calathes and rice. check how laso used his shooter (carrol) previous week and check how many systems has pedoulakis for fredette. exactly. zero
              Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                Wtf? So Tavares has that many blocks, because people are not afraid of him?

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

https://www.euroleague.net/main/stat...&agg=PerMinute
                According to your ridiculous logic, Ahmet Duverioglu is a better defender than Vesely... You don't know how to use statistics.
                FENERBAHÇE
                --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                  According to your ridiculous logic, Ahmet Duverioglu is a better defender than Vesely... You don't know how to use statistics.
                  It’s not difficult to be better rim protector than Vesely. Rim protector and defender is not the same thing. Do you really believe that Udoh has only accidentally 3x more blocks than Vesely? Udoh was fantastic rim protector, Vesely is below average.
                  Last edited by Killer Bob; 10-19-2019, 12:34 PM.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRager View Post
                    Too early to get excited just yet. So far it's been two poor games vs. 1 great game for Zalgiris. But still, the question of point guards is still open and if things don't change it can turn into a really sore wound. Also, I don't expect Leday to be such a huge factor every game, he's very inconsistent. Jusk ask Oly fans.
                    Finally, there's not gonna be so many teams with such explicit weak spots to exploit and definitely there won't be much coaches as stubborn (or dumb) like Laso, getting pounded time and time again, but still keeping a 220cm Lurch against a fairly quick and good shooter.
                    I mean what's the deal with with Tavares anyway? Getting 3m and best defender awards for being exploted like this?
                    One of the most overpaid and overrated players in EL, imo.
                    Laso is the best coach for developing Pgs. He has very solid plan A too, but he’s totally incompetent when situation requires change of plan. Luckily for him, he always has great players, so plan A normally works.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by saras View Post
                      this week calathes had to take the shot. he scored every shot until that point in the final quarter. like i said previous week the problem of the team is that fucking scumbag pedoulakis. he kept fredette out of the game for the last seconds and his excuse was that he had rice in because he is better at low post defence(!!!). and fof course finished the game once again without any center although willey was our best player and he did great job defensively as well.

i hope pedoulakis gets sacked soon as possible. even alvertis would be an upgrade compared to that idiot. the team is not playing anything planned offensively. a screen at top and floaters from 4-5 meters from calathes and rice. check how laso used his shooter (carrol) previous week and check how many systems has pedoulakis for fredette. exactly. zero
                      Yes Calathes was hot, but you could see in last shot, how frustrations from previous failures creeped in his head. He just didn’t believe fully in his last shot. There’s the difference to players like James, who can have awful game, but still making crucial plays.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                        It’s not difficult to be better rim protector than Vesely. Rim protector and defender is not the same thing. Do you really believe that Udoh has only accidentally 3x more blocks than Vesely? Udoh was fantastic rim protector, Vesely is below average.
                        What about Williams? In your weird logic he is probably best of the best

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                          His logic is not weird actually he is right. Williams is also not an a rim protector. Its funny but among all fener bigs Ahmet should be the best rim protector.

Comment

• There is a difference when you see Vesely and when you see Ahmet. A player who can penetrate, would definitely play against Ahmet, because they know Ahmet isn't fast enough to catch them. But when they see Vesely, they wouldn't be sure about that, and they would try to shoot instead of walking over Vesely. That's the difference. Ahmet gets the chance to block 5 times because of that and he does it 1 or 2 times, Vesely gets that chance rarely, 2 or 3 times and he does it 1 or 2 times.

As I said, that's the only difference between their block statistics. Vesely is a better defender than Ahmet.
                            FENERBAHÇE
                            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                            --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                            --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                              Just look at this list, https://www.euroleague.net/main/stat...&agg=PerMinute

... and tell me that they’re not rim protectors.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                                There is a difference when you see Vesely and when you see Ahmet. A player who can penetrate, would definitely play against Ahmet, because they know Ahmet isn't fast enough to catch them. But when they see Vesely, they wouldn't be sure about that, and they would try to shoot instead of walking over Vesely. That's the difference. Ahmet gets the chance to block 5 times because of that and he does it 1 or 2 times, Vesely gets that chance rarely, 2 or 3 times and he does it 1 or 2 times.

As I said, that's the only difference between their block statistics. Vesely is a better defender than Ahmet.
                                So why then Udoh has 3x more blocks than Vesely? Because they were less afraid of him? Lol
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information