Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 3

Quote Originally Posted by thiago94 View Post
    Nick the Brick did it again.
    Was hitting everything down the stretch except that last one...2 tough losses in a row for PAO

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Was hitting everything down the stretch except that last one...2 tough losses in a row for PAO
    Well he thinks he is a scorer when he hits 3 balls. The last 3 pointer was totally redundant.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha

Maccabi trying all they can to blow this one.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Turnover Turnover Turnover. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    What the hell happened. 5 minutes into the the last quarter Maccabi with +10. Not playing too good at 2nd and 3rd quarters, but Zvezda is also having a weak game (Besides Pepereloglou that was amazing).
    Then I had some crisis phone calls from work and I coming back 1 minute to the end to see a draw with Zvezda ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Metec View Post
    What the hell happened. 5 minutes into the the last quarter Maccabi with +10. Not playing too good at 2nd and 3rd quarters, but Zvezda is also having a weak game (Besides Pepereloglou that was amazing).
    Then I had some crisis phone calls from work and I coming back 1 minute to the end to see a draw with Zvezda ball.
    Covic factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Metec View Post
    I am just following play by play, but wow just nothing but turnovers and bricks in the 4th.

-15 3p attempts in 40 min . even women attempts more.
    -lower 3p % of the league.
    -acy in caloiaro out(even cohen is better than him)
    -wilbekin in as playmaker so long .
    -diba out so long.
    -bryant plays less than his potential

doesnt matter the way will finish the match sfair is a true big problem for us
    Last edited by maccabeo; 10-18-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Calathes step back three at the buzzer! How do you like that, Bob?
    I believe every opponents coach will let him play like that with big pleasure.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I believe every opponents coach will let him play like that with big pleasure.
    Oh well, I might have been a bit early in posting that message after the second quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    -15 attempt in 40 min . even women attempts more.
    -lower 3p % of the league.
    -acy in caloiaro out(even cohen is better than him)
    -wilbekin in as playmaker so long .
    -diba out so long.
    -bryant plays less than his potential

doesnt matter the way will finish the match sfair is a true big problem for us
    Well at least they righted the boat for OT.

Even though they got crushed in OT there is no quit in CV...Nice job

And congrats MTA fans on the first win..

On to tomorrow...

We need one more constant scorer but we don't have in this moment. I hope Datome will wake soon
    To be honest we never had top scorer in the team from Obra arrival. It was Bogdan, but just last month of the season. After that no one was above 15pts average.
    Last edited by janketa; 10-17-2019 at 10:42 PM.

I hope those of you who voted 80-20 and 70-30 Maccabi saw that Maccabi is a very wild team that will have huge problems on hard defense and teams that box out regularly in defense. Whenever there are signs that they are playing more organized, paced and structured it's still a wild run and gun basketball, 1 in 4 out, easy pick and shoot over a hand. I'm really not impressed by Maccabi. It's a team that spends so much money and looks nothing better than teams with a budget 5 times lower. The gap between the top teams and Maccabi is huge. I really wouldn't be suprised if they miss Top8.

Anyway, deserved win at the end for the yellows, zvezda has significant problems on point guard spot and I hope that they will be solved because this team plays wonderful defense and has serious potential. I think zvezda will have huge chances in beatin them in Belgrade if circumstances stay the same injurywise.

Gigi posted on instagram him and De Colo combined 47 points

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    I hope those of you who voted 80-20 and 70-30 Maccabi saw that Maccabi is a very wild team that will have huge problems on hard defense and teams that box out regularly in defense. Whenever there are signs that they are playing more organized, paced and structured it's still a wild run and gun basketball, 1 in 4 out, easy pick and shoot over a hand. I'm really not impressed by Maccabi. It's a team that spends so much money and looks nothing better than teams with a budget 5 times lower. The gap between the top teams and Maccabi is huge. I really wouldn't be suprised if they miss Top8.

Anyway, deserved win at the end for the yellows, zvezda has significant problems on point guard spot and I hope that they will be solved because this team plays wonderful defense and has serious potential. I think zvezda will have huge chances in beatin them in Belgrade if circumstances stay the same injurywise.
    no doubt greatest team are much stronger than us. cska barca real fener budget is dramatically higher than our . surely our budget is not 5 time higher than yours. if i was in you i wouldnt write anything good about your team tonight (as i wont about mta was). it as an horrible match but i still think we ll get playoffs as 7Th or 8th, maybe because in my deep i still hope we will change coach .playing offensive bball just searching for the paint (classic mta mark unfortunatly) with this roster, it means a coach cant stay in el

I am pretty sure that your budget is 4-5 times higher than ours which is the lowest in the Euroleague.
    If I got your message right you want to play inside basketball? Good luck with this idea with this roster.

But of course it's not about the budgets, it's about conception and at the end about the result. You don't have to write anything good about zvezda, neither I expect it nor it would mean anything to me. But I can write whatever I want as long as I'm not offending anyone. And one thing is sure, you will be never "in me"

Short things about zvezda in detail:

Zvezda played offensively a horrible game where 4 key players shot 3/26 but at the end we had a complete open shot to win the game as planned.

https://www.mozzartsport.com/upload/...9/fotk1111.jpg

To be noted: Brown got ellbow in his head after 1min. and couldn't come back anymore, Gist injured in 1/4, couldn't come back, huge blows. Whole game was improvization.

Again won the rebound battle, again horrible assist-turnover ratio combined for the whole team and again fantastic one on one defense where I think that especially at home everyone will have huge problems. Except the first 5 minutes where Maccabi went up 14 zvezda controlled the tempo perfectly which is difficult in Tel Aviv. Game reminded a lot on our win there two years ago but the crucial free throw and shot simply didn't fall.

Derrick Brown worries me most of the players that are out of shape. I think he will have troubles staying in Belgrade with this kind of effort which simply doesn't fit into this system. In 2 weeks this horrible schedule is getting better and that's where we will see where we truly stand.

By the way, someone mentioned the Covic factor.

Stasticwise:

PAO: 15-25 10min. with Filip / 67-62 30min without Filip

Fener: 18-25 16 min. with Filip / 50-31 24min without Filip

Maccabi: 24-42 19 min. with Filip / 45-42 26min. without Filip

Summa summarum: 57-92 in 45 with Filip / 162-135 in 80 min. without.

I don't like to throw shit on anyone who is wearing our jersey, I've never been like that nor will I ever be it. But just take a breath, look at this and think what anyone of you who played or coached would do if you were Milan Tomic.

Btw what should be mentioned - he played in all different lineups, 3 guard rotations, with 1st and 2nd unit, with Davidovac on 3 and 4 etc. So please don't think that it's because he is organizing the 2nd unit. It's an incredible lack of talent which hurts because he is a hard worker and someone who would die training for this jersey. But it's not enough.
    Last edited by Katastroika; 10-17-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    Fener has signed DeColo and now he is the one who is playing like half of the team. I wonder if this is all Obradovic's genious can do.
    It doesn't hurt if you have a Euroleague level superstar guard. Still he didn't even play 35 minutes, he played only 30 minutes.

Last season, even with full squad we didn't have anyone who can counter Larkin or Llull, now we have.

Sloukas wasn't bad, but he wasn't good enough to win a game at F4 level, De Colo can.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 TBL Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    It doesn't hurt if you have a Euroleague level superstar guard.

Last season, even with full squad we didn't have anyone who can counter Larkin or Llull, now we have.

Sloukas wasn't bad, but he wasn't good enough to win a game at F4 level, De Colo can.
    Nando started the season sometime in July, Obra would need to plan how he will rest him, because he won’t last full season playing 30+ minutes whole year.
    previously known as Beno

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast