Francis Lopez thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    mahirap yun lalo nang tagilid ang UAAP. Ateneo is too much already.
    Why did they need to play in Uaap? The main issue is to get a passport before 16. Edu and Dalph never plays for uaap but they was able to play for gilas .

But if they don't have one before 16. I guess It's right to play for the right uaap team. I hope they go where they will have playing time. Ateneo is too crowded.

Comment

• I hope Lopez develops Jalen Green type handles,shooting and aggressiveness.I think he might not be as athletic than green but he could compete against the world's best in terms of athleticism.If he could develop the skills, develops his basketball IQ,works out on his game everyday and to be always in top shape and grows up but least 6'8 ,the sky is the limit for this boy.
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Is Lopez will really go to a prep school(like tsf) in the states?. When will he go? He should go as soon as possible. He may surpassed Kai Sotto if he train right away now.

Comment

• Ateneo vs NU Juniors live...

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
            Damn! Lebron Lopez loves finishing layups on traffic.
            those long strides..

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
              Definitely better than Kobe on slashing to the basket, he ain't afraid of contact.
              there goes our future Gilas Small Forward

Comment

• Somebody sponsor this kid already for high level training. His jumpshot needs to be fixed. He improves his perimeter game, he’d be impossible to guard.
                Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Still see Don Camaso vibes in him
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    Still see Don Camaso vibes in him
                    Don Camaso played in the wrong era of basketball. His height, athleticism and skillsets are suitable for today's basketball, he just need to be more tougher..

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                      Don Camaso played in the wrong era of basketball. His height, athleticism and skillsets are suitable for today's basketball, he just need to be more tougher..
                      yup politucs did him in imo as when he was given a break in the pba.. lost his fire.. sayang..
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

nah. lopez is more tough than don camaso. just look at his stats. lopez is not afraid of contact. he is a good shot blocker. camaso i've seen him during MBA days alot and he is damn lazy af on defense. doesnt do well in contact. most of the time just take outside shots.
                        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• One thing that stands out to me is how easy it easy for him to get up and reach shots to block not just in fastbreak but even in half court setting. He’s long and athletic for his size

Comment

Height & athleticism wise, Camaso has similarities with Lopez. But the similarities end there. Camaso didn't have the handles that would have made him a National team small forward material.

Lopez' handles are definitely way better than that of Camaso. Fact is, Lopez' Blue Eaglet teammate Josh Lazaro has even better handles than Camaso.
                            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• I see shades of a young Brixter Encarnacion in Lopez. Natural SF who ran the floor and dunked every chance he got.
                              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                                nah. lopez is more tough than don camaso. just look at his stats. lopez is not afraid of contact. he is a good shot blocker. camaso i've seen him during MBA days alot and he is damn lazy af on defense. doesnt do well in contact. most of the time just take outside shots.
                                For me its not the lack of toughness but mainly the lack of decent handles that had kept Camaso from being either a PBA superstar swingman or a National team small forward material. Camaso would have been a good size swingman slasher if only he had decent handles.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information