Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Francis Lopez thread

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Sorry Reposting here, serious question, in real implementation how much time has Japeth really played forward (even big forward) for either Ginerbra or Gilas (note even with Blatche it's Blatche outside and Japeth inside).
    . The thing is Japeth has forever been listed as a PF, but in reality plays little to no PF at all.
    Perceived position is different from actual practice

Note AJ played zero minutes at PF in his freshman year with Toledo (Div1)

Does Japeth and Greg even play together, when has that happened for at least 10 minutes in a game? Note does Ginerbra have a better local PF than Japeth? If not, whys he not playing PF?

And this from a coach Tim Cone who I know likes playing big
    Greg is a lumbering big. He doesn’t have a 3, too, to make things worse. Go figure.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Note 3 men are purely wings, not big forwards like Troy or maybe Jolibee, the SF who interchangable with SG are the Clarkson's, Dwight, Kobe, Thirdy, Dave Wright, Parks etc which we have an abundance off. Spacing and movement fluidity is critical. Just like OKCs best perimeter line up is a 3 guard line up of CP3, Shroeder and Shai (not SF Fergusson) and its best 4 is a SF like player in Galinari.
    It's best use of space and pace..
    BTW OKCs 3 guard line up with Calinari and Adams is statistically the best 5 in NBA currently (Plus, minus rating when on court)

Additionally the verdict is still out on how long we can afford to use Kai to defend pick and roll basketball
    So it’s essentially based on how Kai and Aj develop

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Greg is a lumbering big. He doesn’t have a 3, too, to make things worse. Go figure.
    The point and focus isn't on the Center (Greg or Kai) but the perceived PF (Japeth and AJ) who in reality of actual usage are purely centers.

On the defensive end (not offense), it still remains to be seen if Kai will struggle any different at the FIBA level pick and role centric offense similar to Greg.

On OKc, it's not just their small ball or just my opinion, it's how 80% of how the NBA and Europe is played now.. The main thing is this.. players who play almost all center like AJ and Japeth (even if listed as PF or can play PF) are in this modern day utilised mostly as center. (not my opinion but it's just how things are constructed now mostly ( not always of course)
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    So it’s essentially based on how Kai and Aj develop
    Exactly, and developed in their mother team (not Gilas which has limited time together), if AJ continues to play mostly or exclusively center in Toledo, then yes absolutely he will be utilised mostly at center for the reminder of his career

The problem is people are envisioning player role usage based on a future undeveloped scenario. Not on how the players are currently being trained and developed.

The point and focus isn't on the Center (Greg or Kai) but the perceived PF (Japeth and AJ) who in reality of actual usage are purely centers.

On the defensive end (not offense), it still remains to be seen if Kai will struggle any different at the FIBA level pick and role centric offense similar to Greg.

On OKc, it's not just their small ball or just my opinion, it's how 80% of how the NBA and Europe is played now.. The main thing is this.. players who play almost all center like AJ and Japeth (even if listed as PF or can play PF) are in this modern day utilised mostly as center. (not my opinion but it's just how things are constructed now mostly not (always of course)
    What I am pertaining to is your claim that AJ and Edu combo is “not maximizing their talent”. Up to now you haven’t offered any counter argument to my rebuttal about the concerns you raised like pace and space and PnR defense. You won’t accomplish anything by citing what OKC is doing because that’s just nitpicking something to prove a point. Haven’t you read my examples of 2 big lineups that other teams in the NBA employ? Take note the teams I mentioned are those that are doing well and on the top of the standings.

Here you go again with your outrageous claims. Pag pinapost ko na naman sayo ang source ng stats mo, baka wala ka na naman mailabas? Any supporting material/s to validate your 80% stat? It is definitely a trend but to peg it at 80%, you gotta have something to back that up. You are not the only one who have access to NBA and Euro games, so kindly enlighten us because we might be missing something.

Exactly, and developed in their mother team (not Gilas which has limited time together), if AJ continues to play mostly or exclusively center in Toledo, then yes absolutely he will be utilised mostly at center for the reminder of his career

The problem is people are envisioning player role usage based on a future undeveloped scenario. Not on how the players are currently being trained and developed.
    There’s no problem if you are not so preoccupied with your own perspectives and ideas. You failed to see Kai is being utilized and getting enough reps as a 4 in TSF.

I'm not here to convince people to agree on how teams are using players in this modern game or how players like AJ are currently being developed and used (in real teams not prep teams designed to showcase their prospects).

Everyone's free to see things differently, I just sighted on how most real teams who's primary goal is to win (not get their players noticed) are using their players

I'm not here to convince people to agree on how teams are using players in this modern game or how players like AJ are currently being developed and used (in real teams not prep teams designed to showcase their prospects).

Everyone's free to see things differently, I just sighted on how most real teams who's primary goal is to win (not get their players noticed) are using their players
    Ayan na naman tayo, pavictim effect na naman. I respect your take but I beg to differ. It’s as simple as that. If you don’t have anything to add, we could always agree to disagree.

Ok, almost half the teams in NBA are not trying to win that’s why they employ 2 big lineups in their games. Copy.

^
    Exactly, if you noticed I'm not responding directly to the things you've written (half of which I don't read), share what you want.. as I do the same.. and people are free to decide to make their own thoughts of it. No problem

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Yim is so enamored now with GSM small ball combination of LA, Scottie and Pringle, rightfully so, coz pound for pound this 3 are way better than their bigs GS, Japhet and Devance... Greg has been affected by the evolution of basketball towards small ball... Tim uses to play GS, Japhet and DeVance but after consecutive dry spills, Tim went small ball with better result...

Francis Lopez has logged out.

Eaglets going up against the Baby Tams tomorrow. Should be a good match. Estacio vs Padrigao, Lopez vs Anonuevo.

Quote Originally Posted by sausaged View Post
    Eaglets going up against the Baby Tams tomorrow. Should be a good match. Estacio vs Padrigao, Lopez vs Anonuevo.
    Thought this was a Lebron Lopez thread, all i see are Japs, AJ,Kai & Greg..this Kiwi just cant help himself😅 kung san my fan interest & audience nandun🤣

^
    I've actually read that the other day, the casual fan does not understand it, and think he's suggesting European players are better than NBA, that's not what he is saying.. what he's saying the tactical game in Europe both defensively and offensively is more advanced, it is true, the NBA game is more of a game of individual match ups, while European is the collective game. That is why the thinking of Kai and AJ playing together for the casual fan seems to mean it's better because you have two very talented individuals who can play Center and PF, it however isn't collectively maximizing their talent.
    -------------

I get what you mean.That is why I still hope our batang gilas team can train as a whole and participate as a whole team in Europe ( Especially kai & Edu) , we see a different basketball there which does not rely on super athleticism but on team work , ball movement and good judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by raileebeast2 View Post
    -------------

I get what you mean.That is why I still hope our batang gilas team can train as a whole and participate as a whole team in Europe ( Especially kai & Edu) , we see a different basketball there which does not rely on super athleticism but on team work , ball movement and good judgement.
    It's really team play, not too dissimilar from football, where the long court, spacing and width of court utilising cuts and movement is critical. It is not about who is the best center, then who is the best PF, then you put them together and equates to the best team.. It doesn't work that way. Because if both players strength is strong side and are weak playing off the ball then playing them together isn't effective
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    I think the problem with Paras is not really is IQ but rather his footwork. He doesn't have the best footwork around even though he's arguably the best 6'6-6'7" amateur we currently have right now. His ball-handling is not that bad, it's average but it's not bad. It's the coordination of his feet to his upper body skills just simply doesn't correspond with each other.

Put him in a footwork drills and see how much it will change his overall game. That's why I've been saying all along that he needs to hire a personal trainer like Drew Hanlen or perhaps train in Atlanta. He's got plenty of money anyway from his endorsements and sponsors.
    --------
    I super agree on this..Amen.
    But one more thing.... Kobe Paras attitude towards the game. He use to relax too much especially in defense. Last 2 years ago he was playing more of a fancy baller than a competitive player. Though I am seeing little improvements now in terms of attitude , now that he is in UAAP.
    Hope he gets to improve more. Anjan talaga kasi yung athleticism and yung built ng katawan nya. Almost all the physical tools to make it in the international league.

A not so impressive game by Lopez in yesterday's game between the Blue Eaglets vs. the Baby Tamaraws where the Baby Tamaraws won.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    A not so impressive game by Lopez in yesterday's game between the Blue Eaglets vs. the Baby Tamaraws where the Baby Tamaraws won.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TeamAMDG/...33349541646336

The Ateneo Blue Eaglets lose to FEU, 57-67, in UAAP Season 82 Boys Basketball.

Lebron Lopez - 16 pts. 16 rebs. 5 blks.
    Josh Lazaro - 8 pts. 10 rebs. 2 asst.
    Joaquin Jaymalin - 8 pts. 4 rebs.
    Forth Padrigao - 8 pts. 3 asst.
    Ian Espinosa - 8 rebs. 5 asst. 4 stls

He might idolize LBJ but I see more of the Greek freak on his style of play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There are instances that Lopez just settle for a 3-point shot(ill-advised shot) instead of penetrating to the basket just like KG Canaleta..

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast