Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Francis Lopez thread

I hope Lopez develops Jalen Green type handles,shooting and aggressiveness.I think he might not be as athletic than green but he could compete against the world's best in terms of athleticism.If he could develop the skills, develops his basketball IQ,works out on his game everyday and to be always in top shape and grows up but least 6'8 ,the sky is the limit for this boy.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Is Lopez will really go to a prep school(like tsf) in the states?. When will he go? He should go as soon as possible. He may surpassed Kai Sotto if he train right away now.

Ateneo vs NU Juniors live...

Damn! Lebron Lopez loves finishing layups on traffic.

Misses that clutch dunk though. He should have just lay it up.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Damn! Lebron Lopez loves finishing layups on traffic.
    those long strides..

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    those long strides..
    Definitely better than Kobe on slashing to the basket, he ain't afraid of contact.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Definitely better than Kobe on slashing to the basket, he ain't afraid of contact.
    there goes our future Gilas Small Forward

Somebody sponsor this kid already for high level training. His jumpshot needs to be fixed. He improves his perimeter game, he’d be impossible to guard.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Still see Don Camaso vibes in him
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Still see Don Camaso vibes in him
    Don Camaso played in the wrong era of basketball. His height, athleticism and skillsets are suitable for today's basketball, he just need to be more tougher..

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Don Camaso played in the wrong era of basketball. His height, athleticism and skillsets are suitable for today's basketball, he just need to be more tougher..
    yup politucs did him in imo as when he was given a break in the pba.. lost his fire.. sayang..

nah. lopez is more tough than don camaso. just look at his stats. lopez is not afraid of contact. he is a good shot blocker. camaso i've seen him during MBA days alot and he is damn lazy af on defense. doesnt do well in contact. most of the time just take outside shots.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

One thing that stands out to me is how easy it easy for him to get up and reach shots to block not just in fastbreak but even in half court setting. He’s long and athletic for his size

Height & athleticism wise, Camaso has similarities with Lopez. But the similarities end there. Camaso didn't have the handles that would have made him a National team small forward material.

Lopez' handles are definitely way better than that of Camaso. Fact is, Lopez' Blue Eaglet teammate Josh Lazaro has even better handles than Camaso.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

I see shades of a young Brixter Encarnacion in Lopez. Natural SF who ran the floor and dunked every chance he got.
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    nah. lopez is more tough than don camaso. just look at his stats. lopez is not afraid of contact. he is a good shot blocker. camaso i've seen him during MBA days alot and he is damn lazy af on defense. doesnt do well in contact. most of the time just take outside shots.
    For me its not the lack of toughness but mainly the lack of decent handles that had kept Camaso from being either a PBA superstar swingman or a National team small forward material. Camaso would have been a good size swingman slasher if only he had decent handles.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    For me its not the lack of toughness but mainly the lack of decent handles that had kept Camaso from being either a PBA superstar swingman or a National team small forward material. Camaso would have been a good size swingman slasher if only he had decent handles.
    camaso is legit 6’7” with decent outside shooting and athleticism its just happens he played in the wrong era of phil. basketball his coaches wants him to play inside. he looks lazy maybe because he dont have a big body to bang inside.

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    I see shades of a young Brixter Encarnacion in Lopez. Natural SF who ran the floor and dunked every chance he got.
    mas old school talaga to sa akin..at least donncamaso standout to me.. brixter is good and solid but never standout to me even in college.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    correct the handles as coaches will never ever let him drive the ball because he dribbles high romy de pa rosa is the best guy of his breed tough pba 3 man

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast