Francis Lopez thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
    There are instances that Lopez just settle for a 3-point shot(ill-advised shot) instead of penetrating to the basket just like KG Canaleta..
    that's why he has to train abroad or bus least get very a trainer for him here or he might end up like Canaleta.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• UAAP 82: Lebron Lopez takes flight after taking talents to Ateneo

Norman Lee Benjamin Riego

Francis Lopez decided to leave behind greener pastures.

And interestingly enough, that turned out to be the right decision.

Not even a year after transferring from La Salle Green Hills to Ateneo de Manila High School, Lopez is already making a name for himself as one of the most promising prospects in the Philippines.

Putting up per game counts of 16.6 points, 10.4 rebounds, and 2.7 blocks, all while lengthening his highlight reel, the 6-foot-4 big-bodied forward is the undisputed breakout star of the UAAP 82 Boys Basketball Tournament.

Along with that, he is proving to be only worthy of being "Lebron" - a nickname he himself coined, apparently. "I just thought about it kasi mga dunks ko during practice, look like LeBron's," he shared.

He then continued, "He's my favorite player, for sure."

All of this, after a lost year as a Junior Blazer where he averaged 2.3 points and 1.3 rebounds in 3.4 minutes. More than that, he only saw action in 10 of their 22 games in all.

Not long after that season, Lopez chose to move forward. "That summer, Coach Ford [Arao] recruited me. He told me na sayang na bench lang ako and kung dito sa Ateneo, we're gonna use you," he said.

He then continued, "Sabi rin niya, maganda future mo rito not only in basketball, but academics din."

As it turns out, all he needed to turn it on was a little faith.

And Ateneo head coach Reggie Varilla and Coach Ford were nothing but happy to give not just a little, but their full faith.

"Si Coach Reggie and Coach Ford, kinausap ako nung una pa lang na kahit 'di ako masyado nagamit sa GH, they believe in me," he said. "Dito, sa practice pa lang, sinasabi nilang go hard na dapat kasi magiging ganun din sa game."

In turn, the Filipino-Angolan has done nothing but return their trust - joining forces with fellow transferee Josh Lazaro and floor leader Forthsky Padrigao to make sure the Blue Eaglets continued their contention even without 7-foot-2, 17-year-old Kai Sotto.

And without a doubt, Lopez has come far from his days suiting up for Augustinian Abbey School in Las Pinas and from his days sitting at the end of the LSGH bench.

"Honestly, I was really down that time kasi during practice, I was giving everything I got, pero pagdating sa game, wala talaga," he said.

He then continued, "Very thankful ako sa nangyari ngayon. Sa Ateneo, hindi lang naman basketball habol ko rito, but also academics because I'm also thinking about my future."

At the same time, while he's already making waves, the 16-year-old is also well aware that he still has a long way to go. As he put it, "I really wanna show everything I got. I hope to keep doing that."

---

Comment

• We lost Kobe today..this is a bit OT but this Lebron Kid right here should have competitive attitude of the greats Kobe,Jordan and Lebron and no less for him to become really successful.
        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Back to back impressive games for Lopez counting his game yesterday where he finished with 17 pts. while hitting 3 triples. Back to back wins for the Eaglets as well.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• I think Lopez is better and has more potential than Annuevo of FEU but Annuevo has a more unique skill set.

Lopez looks like your prototypical wing while Annuevo has a lot of a modern combo forward potential. He has good vision and his Gait resembles Giannis. He can't really score but has nice defensive and offensive versatility

Comment

• US bound?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Comment

• Please do it, if he does this not just NCAA he might have a shot to go beyond

Comment

• I hope they notice also our other young local talent with lot of potentials like demasana, lazaro et al

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlon View Post
                        I hope they notice also our other young local talent with lot of potentials like demasana, lazaro et al
                        as i mention on the other thread will this coincide with the u16 this march?

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
                          as i mention on the other thread will this coincide with the u16 this march?
                          Even if it does they’ll probably let him play for the national team like they did with kai

Comment

• Nice! slowly but surely our young prospects starting to go abroad, nagigising narin mga players wakas!

yun lang PBA bulok padin sistema...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                              Even if it does they’ll probably let him play for the national team like they did with kai
                              surely they would allowed him , and he can train later after his stint in the u16.

Comment

• TSF doing the St. Mary Gaels Australian pipeline?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information