Euroleague Regular Season: Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Sure he would be. Calathes has 1 win in 13 playoffs matches, twice having home court advantage. Pao might no had the best roster, but they’re underperforming in playoffs for sure. Calathes being one of the reasons

Papaloukas was bad shooter, but he was still mostly shooting over 30% for 3, had great 2 points % and you couldn’t afford to give him Fts. Calathes on the other hand cannot even draw fouls with 50% from Fts.
    There's no denying that playoff record is bad, I just think there's many more reasons for it that Calathes' below average shooting. He also has won the Euroleague in the past as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
      There's no denying that playoff record is bad, I just think there's many more reasons for it that Calathes' below average shooting. He also has won the Euroleague in the past as well.
      So has Mantzaris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
        So has Mantzaris.
        True, ha. Calathes had a much bigger role in PAO's win though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Picek View Post
          Simon had an ingame "fight" with Ataman in the first game but then he played in TBL and yesterday only 2 minutes when Ataman is already without Beaubois.
          is it an injury problem to Simon or his issues with Ataman have gone too far and Ataman is benching him even if that means possibly losing the game?
          'cause in the preseason he was pretty good.
          quoting myself.
          Simon sustained a hip injury against Besiktas.
          Tried to play against Alba but that didn’t work out.
          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Picek View Post
            quoting myself.
            Simon sustained a hip injury against Besiktas.
            Tried to play against Alba but that didn’t work out.
            Interesting, I was assuming he was being penalized. This is at least the second time they openly quarreled, and with a coach like Ataman, you can never rule out weird DNPs. His Suacan Piskin move is legendary. Russ Smith case was also funny; he praised him as the next best thing in the EL, then fired him only after a few weeks. Balbay also was DNP for several weeks last year after his public response to Ataman. Any way, I'm happy he'd play if it was not the injury then, he's a very important player for us.
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
              Interesting, I was assuming he was being penalized. This is at least the second time they openly quarreled, and with a coach like Ataman, you can never rule out weird DNPs. His Suacan Piskin move is legendary. Russ Smith case was also funny; he praised him as the next best thing in the EL, then fired him only after a few weeks. Balbay also was DNP for several weeks last year after his public response to Ataman. Any way, I'm happy he'd play if it was not the injury then, he's a very important player for us.
              I didn't know that about Balbay, although I remember wondering where he had disappeared to for a while last season. Another player was Nolan Smith- signed for Galatasaray after a good year with Cedvita then was gone after just a couple of months. He retired from playing pretty early and I think his GS "experience" was a factor in that.

Comment

• Seems to me that Efes could win EL this season.
                Larkin and Micic are stronger then any other creator duo in EL. Last season Chacho-De Colo-Higgins were too high for any team

Now it's Efes if they can settle defense in right way

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                  Seems to me that Efes could win EL this season.
                  Larkin and Micic are stronger then any other creator duo in EL. Last season Chacho-De Colo-Higgins were too high for any team

Now it's Efes if they can settle defense in right way
                  Yes, they played very convincingly today.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

Yes, they played very convincingly today.
                    yes. we need time as well to fix a few issues, but none of them are related to our PG duo.
                    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post

Fredette is following Calathes on the way-overrated path.
                      You probably would have said the same thing when Wilkins joined.

Fredette is the best shooter in the EL but unfortunately we have a clown on the bench who can't get the best out of him.
                      Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                      Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                        yes. we need time as well to fix a few issues, but none of them are related to our PG duo.
                        I was just a little surprised at Janketa’s logic how Efes is a favorite to win EL, seeing how you have been struggling just against anybody. Yes Efes missed few players against Barca, but Barca is playing without both Pgs too. Hanga organizing plays.

Larkin was just rested yesterday or he isn’t full ready yet?
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                          Well we agree that a play to get someone an open look would be better. I don't think Calathes is terrible. He is a terrible shooter, yes, but he can do other things at a high level. We have gone over the Calathes issue many times. The only way that he can contribute is if he has 4 shooters around him so that there is no help and he has room for 1v1 to the basket. Other than that we have seen how his performance drops 100-fold in crunch time (i.e in the playoffs).

As far as Fredette goes, he is not Milos, but I think his court vision is decent. I wouldn't label him as a top notch passer, but from the little that I have seen, he will find the open man in a tough situation (like a double team).

Again, I haven't seen him enough to claim that I know his playing style. I have seen him in college a little bit and now during the preseason games. I have seen Jimmer playing 1v1 and stopping for a midrange shot or going to the the basket. He is weak for the NBA and a terrible defender.

In any case, in my opinion, Jimmer or Rice would be way better choices for a last play than Calathes.
                          In the last offense we should have had both Rice and Fredette on court. What Calathes did at the end is what Pedoulakis told him. Run the floor and go for a lay up or split out if there is a free man. The whole last 14 secs is criminal and Pedoulakis should have been fired on the spot for that choice to run the ball from our own baseline wasting 3-4 secs in the process. 14 secs from half court is more than enough time to execute a system where either Freddete or Rice will shoot. They can both make pressure -in their face - shots or draw a foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
                            In the last offense we should have had both Rice and Fredette on court. What Calathes did at the end is what Pedoulakis told him. Run the floor and go for a lay up or split out if there is a free man. The whole last 14 secs is criminal and Pedoulakis should have been fired on the spot for that choice to run the ball from our own baseline wasting 3-4 secs in the process. 14 secs from half court is more than enough time to execute a system where either Freddete or Rice will shoot. They can both make pressure -in their face - shots or draw a foul.
                            Why do you need Calathes in the court, if you have Rice and Fredette there?
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

Why do you need Calathes in the court, if you have Rice and Fredette there?
                              I agree. Calathes was not required for the last 14 secs.

Comment

I was just a little surprised at Janketa’s logic how Efes is a favorite to win EL, seeing how you have been struggling just against anybody. Yes Efes missed few players against Barca, but Barca is playing without both Pgs too. Hanga organizing plays.

Larkin was just rested yesterday or he isn’t full ready yet?
                                It's easy to predict when everything goes smoothly. I wrote that after narrow win against Alba and huge defeat in BSL.

Efes with Larkin and without him are two different teams. Micic-Larkin is the strongest creator duo in EL this moment after CSKA lost their supremacy.

So, yet to be seen how runner up of last season will do in next games with full roster(stronger then last season).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information