No announcement yet.

2020 Lithuanian NT: in a chase of Olympic dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My rude awakening came when Team Lietuva lost to just about everybody in the 2009 Eurobasket and then to Nigeria and almost to Puerto Rico in the 2012 Olympic Qualifying Tournament.

Comment

• Poland can never defeat LTU, not in 1000 attempts

Comment

• Never is a long time. Against Poland Lithuania is 8-2 with the most recent loss 86-75 coming in the 2009 Eurobasket.

Comment

• Explain me how Dimsa is better than Beliauskas who is playing better in ACB? Why exactly Dimsa is considered to be closer NT? The only reason now is that Dimsa participated in FIBA windows where NT badly sucked and Dimsa's performances there were up and down. Off course, none of them should be in the NT, IMO, but I have no idea why people making a player out of Dimsa. He can't play at the high level. I would probably argue that Sirvydis is a better player already at the high level than Dimsa and I'm not even suggesting that Sirvydis should necessary be in the camp (I almost sure he won't be invited, camp is too short and Sirvydis yet didn't prove himself enough).
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• In 3months nothing dramatically can change. Player nr 35 is not becoming better than nr 16 on ltu best basketball players list in very short time.

In Dimsa and Beliauskas case when they both played in lkl last year 2020 nobody was arguing who is better.

So why Zalgiris sign Dimsa and not Bieliauskas last summer? Maybe that organisation does some research and not signing anybody from street?

One good season in system that theoretically can fits player nicely doesnt make him good player.I would say players need to have like 2-3 seasons in diffrent places like that then result is not some fluke.

For year you advocated for Kulboka or Giedraitis here,now find Beliauskas,next year another and so on ? comon that not seriuos.

Btw Dimsa didnt badly sucked in window games. .Stop making things up.

Dimsa give in 17min 10pts and +5 (3rd best in team) when he was on the floor in most important game.

4 leading scorers in that crusial game Kalnietis,Maciulis,Kariniauskas,Dimsa 11+10+10+10= 41pts from 77 entires teams.

By played minutes Arnas 28,Mantas 27,Kariniauskas 26,Maciulis 24,Bendzius 20,Dimsa 17 nobody else played even 15min.

(Kuz would have been 20+min player,but got injury in first half)

Its not rockets science its is obviuos signs who Maskoliunas lean to in critical game and who he sees as real candidates from that NT B roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
              In 3months nothing dramatically can change. Player nr 35 is not becoming better than nr 16 on ltu best basketball players list in very short time.

In Dimsa and Beliauskas case when they both played in lkl last year 2020 nobody was arguing who is better.

So why Zalgiris sign Dimsa and not Bieliauskas last summer? Maybe that organisation does some research and not signing anybody from street?

One good season in system that theoretically can fits player nicely doesnt make him good player.I would say players need to have like 2-3 seasons in diffrent places like that then result is not some fluke.

For year you advocated for Kulboka or Giedraitis here,now find Beliauskas,next year another and so on ? comon that not seriuos.

Btw Dimsa didnt badly sucked in window games. .Stop making things up.

Dimsa give in 17min 10pts and +5 (3rd best in team) when he was on the floor in most important game.

4 leading scorers in that crusial game Kalnietis,Maciulis,Kariniauskas,Dimsa 11+10+10+10= 41pts from 77 entires teams.

By played minutes Arnas 28,Mantas 27,Kariniauskas 26,Maciulis 24,Bendzius 20,Dimsa 17 nobody else played even 15min.

(Kuz would have been 20+min player,but got injury in first half)

Its not rockets science its is obviuos signs who Maskoliunas lean to in critical game and who he sees as real candidates from that NT B roster.
              Your interpretations from simple message sometimes keeps my brows go up My point is that Dimsa is a little bit overrated, and you are the one who overrate him so that partly explains your reaction I guess. Don't feel like this message was dedicated to you personally, LOL.

2-3 years? What are you talking about? That's one third of PRO career basically. Even one month can be crucial (and it's not about Tomas and Laurynas particularly). Jokubaitis in 2020 spring is one player, in 2020 autumn is completely different in comparison. Tadas Sedekerskis in 2020 autumn is unconfident dude who rides the bench in pre-season and 4 months later he's one of the keys of Baskonia's defence. You must hate changes and usually can't see the shifts.

What it means to advocate? Kulboka and D. Giedraitis are good prospects, that's all. I don't say that they should be in the NT, I'll say it when/if they will be ready. It was completely irrelevant remark by you.

I'm not advocating Beliauskas (whatever that means). My point is that Dimsa is overrated and f.e. Beliauskas is overlooked, why you have to go as far as extend it to your own interpretations IDK. I don't veen think Beliauskas will reach NT level, knowing current situation of ours, maybe will make NT once in case of absences. Your inability to read is not serious, dude

Now, again, read what wrote. I'll help you, I wrote "NT badly sucked" and not Dimsa. Take your own words back - stop making things up in your mind and read what is written. Jeez, for how many years you're jumping on people while refusing to even pay proper attention to the message?

As NT goes, my position is clear. Dimsa shouldn't be in. Specially if Kariniauskas in. Just stick to real deal pieces that are adequate A team material.
              Last edited by Straight forward; 05-19-2021, 02:11 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                Explain me how Dimsa is better than Beliauskas who is playing better in ACB? Why exactly Dimsa is considered to be closer NT? The only reason now is that Dimsa participated in FIBA windows where NT badly sucked and Dimsa's performances there were up and down. Off course, none of them should be in the NT, IMO, but I have no idea why people making a player out of Dimsa. He can't play at the high level. I would probably argue that Sirvydis is a better player already at the high level than Dimsa and I'm not even suggesting that Sirvydis should necessary be in the camp (I almost sure he won't be invited, camp is too short and Sirvydis yet didn't prove himself enough).
                Huh?! What on earth brought on this broadside of yours against Tomas Dimša? Why is Dimša a target at this moment?

Comment

• Seems like Brazdeikis in. https://www.15min.lt/24sek/naujiena/...is-875-1507338

Maskoliunas taking his time. Indeed he had couple of issues, first Brazdeikis, second Maciulis decision (again, if he's in the list he pretty much has auto-ticket) and probably Kariniauskas question also made Maskoliunas hesitate with the list.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• BTW, seems like 11 thousands fans will fill Lithuania's games (not official yet). Wellcome the pressure The last time we had it, the ball was slipping out from Saras and Songaila's hands...We'll see how it goes this time. Personally, I feel that it's a myth local support helps. Unless it's absolute underdog team and we're not in that situation. With fans or without, NT very well know what's happening in thousands of fans heads. On other hand, it will be a real BB spectacle again.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Damm Grizzlies made the playoofs in strong west side that really respectable what they did. But shorted Jonas rest on other side.

That fans support can become very critical in close game.

There is no myths in 99% cases teams at home wins more games than in away games.Just facts.

Pressure always will be big for our NT doesnt matter they play in Kaunas or Jamaica.

That moral and emotional push from home crowd is huge lift .

If game would be played in Slovenia i would give us atleast 25% less chances to win that game.

I give credit for our federation in this case. They did their job well getting host rights and now trying to put people in arena to help NT men.
                      Last edited by Shawshank; 05-22-2021, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Maybe I said it improperly using a word myth, rather wanted to express my doubt and rise the question. We shouldn't forget that we are in different situation than other (elite) basketball countries. Basketball is national sports of ours (interesting that Estonia also has basketball as national sports now, I somehow missed that) and even USA is not so BB crazy nation as we are. For us game court advantage is much different than for any other country, IMO. We have too little data to judge, but in 2011 the pressure was enormous and when you have all your families, friends and so on around, I think it gets to you differently than you just camping in other countries and only media can show you the emotional situation in Lithuania. Off course, Kaunas tournament won't be as big of an event, but still the pressure will be huge and sometimes I feel we perform better without our fans. Don't get me wrong, I love atmosphere of crowded arenas, that electrifies the whole spectacle, but I'm not sure in terms of our results it's surely a plus for us. So, let's see. Thus far we badly underperformed against surely weaker team at home in the knock out stage. It will be a battle of nerves, IMO.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• To me the last good example how hostile crowd my not affect as much is how we took down Bodanovic, Jaric, Simon, Zubac Croatia in their crowded home arena in WC 2019 qualification. We just controlled the game and played solid ball game. We didn't feel the pressure, sometimes it mobilize NT when it knows we will have to deal with hostile environment. IDK, I don't remember the game when we were badly robbed because of hostile arena or collapsed mentally, do you?

Watch the Full Game between Croatia and Lithuania from the 4th window of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 European Qualifiers.►► Subscribe: http://fiba.com...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• People are forgetting in that game when we beat Croatia we had our euroleague players playing.

When we all critique Maskoliunas in qualification i forgot that in 2 games our NT had full roster and in 4 games with euroleague players too under Adomaitis.

Btw those qualifications games is uselles to compare.Nba players fly over for 3 days and goes back. No preparations at all,just gives the ball and say nba and euroleague players from diffrent clubs you must win Thats not seriuos basketball.

2011 i have watched recently that game fiba chanell put game in HD quality. Watching without emotions our NT really played very hard and was leading all game.

But Macedonia was cinderella story in that tournament and sport gods was on their side. It happens. If play smarter last minute our NT makes semifinal in eurobasket when all europes nba stars played.

NT lost that game not because fans was there. I didnt like that mix of veterans and 85 groups in that 2011-2012. I really feel there were 2 diffrent groups that was competing between each others. In first half one starting 5 and in 2 half of same game diffrent starting 5 and that happend multiple times in those 2 summers.

This is not healthy is such short tournaments.I like when team have top 8 players and other 4 role players that will be used in right matchups .Its clear who is who and everybody knows their roles.

There is Javtokas,Kalnietis,Lavro bros types veterans and there is Jasikevicius,Songaila,Maciulis types. Thats tottally diffrent story .

Comment

• A bit messy post, bruh

In that game against Croatia we had Ulanovas, Gudaitis, Giedraitis, but only Lekavicius delivered with 10pts. So much of EL players. Bendzius, Juskevicius and Kalnietis lead the team. Adomaitis had some good rosters here and there (qualification was longer), but he also over performed with some bleak rosters as well.

No-one had preparation, not sure what you mean here Sure, the trip a bit longer for NBA players.

2011 crunch time surely put incredible pressure on us, I think that was the factor to some extent.

Disagree. Actually 2011 Eurobasket was a marathon. 11 freakin' games. That's a lot. Kleiza and Maciulis was out, so 2010 core was disassembled and we needed vets to enforce it.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Kuzminskas,Kalnietis was euroleague players when that game was played.

All im saying in that game againts Croatian 3 nba players we put 6 ltu euroleague players, not some average level mix of uleb and lkl players like againts Denmark in February Maskoliunas had.

It's not about who how much scored it's about quality of players we put.

We can't compare qualification 3 day prep home game in such situation and weeks prep for real home game with prepared players.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information