Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
    A.Juskevicius why he retired from NT:

Jei manęs rinktinėje nemato, nereikia kviesti ir atkabinti pirmą. Aš juk nieko nenustebinsiu, mane visi puikiai žino, ką moku ir ko nemoku. Atkabinimas su jaunimu užgavo mano asmenines ambicijas. Aš pilnai būčiau supratęs, jei vietos tiesiog nebūtų buvę. Jei nėra vietos, tai nėra. Bet ne šitaip. Visiems ateina skirtingas momentas, kai pasakai ačiū ir iki. Man jis atėjo po to atkabinimo. Man to užteko.

Players are taking those injustice things very personally they are humans not robots.
    Adas Juškevičius is certainly right on that point. It was very strange for Coach Adomaitis to invite Adas Juškevičius, a multi-year veteran and thus known commodity, to training camp only to cut him within a few days with rookies who didn't fit.

And in retrospect it's very clear that Renaldas Seibutis should have been on the team in 2017 instead of Artūras Milaknis, Adas Juškevičius should have been on the team in 2019 instead of Renaldas Seibutis and Jonas Mačiulis should have been on the team in 2021 instead of either Mindaugas Kuzminskas who was lousy in the two games he played or Gytis Masiulis who was more than decent but averaged only 4.3 minutes of floor time (perhaps he would have gotten more playing time had the coaching staff not taken so much flack for keeping him instead of the other two candidates).

But that's all in hindsight of course. Leaving Kuzminskas off the team this past summer would have been greeted with astonished gasps and screams of outrage. And going into the tournament with only three dedicated bigs would have been seen as a very questionable decision prior to the tournament.

Last edited by Hepcat; 07-23-2021, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• Well Domas is not a shooter, but he is capable of stretching the floor. With practise he can knock down these threes, so I don't see why he and Sedekerskis would clog the paint completely, remember Tadas can stretch the floor as well. Both can shoot, so it's up to the coaches to orchester the right game plan for them. That would completely change the face of LTU offence, while JV always takes up so much space, Domas on the other hand can be a point center and that would open up driving lanes and open shots. I would like to see JV take a summer off and we could finally see if this is the way to go.

If we will continue with JV and Domas on the floor at the same time, nothing will change and the results won't come, even elite guards wouldn't have space to operate with these two there.

Comment

• STF

Guards is winning medals in fiba and our guards is worse that from others top 8 world NT teams thats a fact.

That we gonna change name on jersey with other guard that is not helping our NT untill they gonna show level on nba and euroleague arenas.

Miracles is not happening best fiba tournaments guards are same euroleague best guards and nba guards.

Doesnt matter who plays C best fiba guards gonna beat Valanciunas or Sabonis those not shooting bigs how game is played today.

If we cant beat elite teams on tallent on perimeter yes i believe we have to plan c and try bring tottaly diffrent type of toughness,nasty atiitude to a team.

I cant recall atleast one dominate fiba player that was winning playoofs games without really great shooting ability in last 10 years.Defences are too smart today in those smaller couarts to let non shooter to dominate even if he is nba mvp.

We saw how good shooters like Bendzius,Giedraitis,Lekavicius was missing because pressure.Have a believe that bad shooters that is not taking long shots in clubs like Sedekerskis or Sabonis will start making long shots in pressure moments with NT jersey is just bullshit and such tales only not experiences fans will believe.

Our best bet is on Grigonis and Jokubaitis in 2022-2024 years will they reach another level in euroleague elite club or not.

Average level guard from german league or zalgiris club will not bring LTU NT to podium on some miracle run againts best fiba guards.

Going further having 3 bad shooting bigs Sabonis,Tubelis,Sedekerskis together as bigs core i already can say that will problematic how game is played today. They can have passing abilities all they want,but if they guarded like not shooters good luck find those assist in that small space they leave with their own not shooting .
        Last edited by Shawshank; 07-14-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Shaw,

So I don't get it. Sedekerskis and Sabonis will not score you say, that's the problem. But other moment you say that we need to bring gutsy hard nosed scrubs with the attitude to stop elite opponents, but how they will score? I don't understand your position TBH.

At worst scenario, we have Domas and Tubelis at 5. IDK how can one complain about such center rotation. Not me.

4 position at the moment is still problematic, but hopefully it will be OK with such pieces as Sedekerskis, Kulboka, Sirvydis. I really think 205cm Kulboka and 203cm Sirvydis should be our PF options in the future as well. Sirvydis BTW has been projected as 3-and- D type of player, he is pretty solid at D. If Sirvydis and Kulboka will prevail (they are not there yet), I see a nice balance between power forwards as Sedekerskis, Tubelis and more of a shooting forwards Kulboka and Sirvydis. (In the long run, there's 2 other freakish PFs in Murauskas and Buzelis, but this is future pieces and discussion).

Regarding guards I I'm surely against your reduction as "Grigonis. Jokubaitis are all we have in 2022-2024".Now every year can be crucial for guys like Jokubaitis, Velicka, D. Giedtaitis, Sirvydis, Brazdeikis. These guys after 2-3 years might change our face of perimeter substantially. It may not happen either, but we are in much different situation than say 2016. We literally had just average prospects as Lekavicius, Grigonis, Kariniauskas. When Lekavicius got injured in 2017 and Sabonis refused to come, Adomaitis just didn't have anyone to take from youngsters, it was complete drought. Let alone to have some drafted guards (Sirvydis, Brazdeikis 2019 and Jokubaitis 2021) or such Youth basketball standout as Velicka. It's completely different story now and, IMO, it's inevitable that we will have stronger Olympic circle.

I'm nor optimistic, nor pessimistic. Regarding our talent pool, we are getting up and it will be the direction for quite long run now. But other NTs are getting much stronger as well. F.e. There's no doubt Serbia is in much (actually way) better situation than in 10's. Slovenia has Doncic and they are contenders anytime they have Doncic. France has a lot of lottery talent and in 2-3 years they may have another phenomenon who might re-shape the map of FIBA, it's Wembanyama. Spain is not going anywhere. So we will be stronger in 20's, that's inevitable, but the competition is increasing. The same Germany might be at our level and some other NTs.

On other hand, we always good only when we are underdogs. So no room to complain

Svajunas,

I share the same position. It would be very healthy for Lithuanian NT to play without JV and to see what happens.
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            Nevertheless, to me the rotation of Sabonis/Tubelis/Sedekerskis provides me optimism. If our focal point will shift from frontline to perimeter, this will be a very nice frontline which won't artificially demand the ball, will play within the flow and will facilitate as all three are capable passers.
            You continue to be overoptimistic with respect to your favourite developing talents. All we know for sure right now is that Tadas Sedekerskis wasn't good enough to make the national team this summer and that Ąžuolas Tubelis wasn't really great in the U19 World Championship. Yet you continue to be confident that these two will be starters for Team Lietuva sometime soon. Truthfully I'm not sure how things will unfold, but I'm sure we'll be surprised. There's many a slip twixt cup and lip. Highly touted players will flop; others will emerge. It's going to be a function of future performance on the court and I'm skeptical about them unfolding exactly according to your oft repeated projections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
              Well Domas is not a shooter, but he is capable of stretching the floor. With practise he can knock down these threes, so I don't see why he and Sedekerskis would clog the paint completely, remember Tadas can stretch the floor as well. Both can shoot, so it's up to the coaches to orchester the right game plan for them.
              1. You say that Domas is not a shooter, yet you say he can shoot. How do you decide that someone can shoot when he doesn't shoot?

In actual fact, Domantas Sabonis is a decent shooter. His three point success rate in the NBA last season was 32.1%. And since he was letting an average of 2.6 three pointers per game fly, yes it can be said that he was "stretching the floor".

2. With respect to Tadas Sedekerskis though, you continue to live in a fantasy world if you think he stretches the floor. He took 30 three point shots over an average of 15:50 minutes in 32 Euroleague games this past season which is less than one per game. That hardly meets the definition of a player who "stretches the floor". Are you practicing the strategy of repeating a lie so often that it comes to be accepted as the truth?

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
              That would completely change the face of LTU offence, while JV always takes up so much space, Domas on the other hand can be a point center and that would open up driving lanes and open shots.

If we will continue with JV and Domas on the floor at the same time, nothing will change and the results won't come, even elite guards wouldn't have space to operate with these two there.
              I'll repeat the question Madmax posed a few weeks ago. What happened to Domantas Sabonis' much vaunted skills? He plays PF as well as C for the Indiana Pacers depending upon who else is dressed for the Pacers and the game situation. And he won the Skills Competition at the 2021 NBA All-Star Game! So why in FIBA action is Sabonis reduced to being Jonas Valančiūnas-lite? Having Valančiūnas out there at C should aid Sabonis' game since he could always flip the ball over to Valančiūnas down low if and when Sabonis himself draws double coverage beside the key.

Last edited by Hepcat; 07-23-2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Looking at the above video, what Lithuania lacked was a large hard-nosed defender to cover Luka Dončić when Arnas Butkevičius was on the bench. It's Jonas Mačiulis that meets that definition and he wasn't even invited to camp.

In hindsight Mačiulis would have been much more valuable to the team than Mindaugas Kuzminskas. Without the luxury of hindsight though, one of Arnas Butkevičius or Gytis Masiulis would probably have been left off the squad had Mačiulis been accorded a place. But leaving Butkevičius off the team would have resulted in Team Lietuva being a lot worse.

Comment

• So in the Olympic basketball tournament my preferences on an aesthetic basis are Argentina and Australia. However I find myself hoping that Slovenia will do really well so that Lithuania doesn't look all that bad.

Comment

• To me it's painful to see us at ever lowest 9th position in FIBA. Italy, somewhat weak Argentina, or the same Slovenia (with all respect to their 2017-2021 stretch, but still) ahead of us. Results wise we became mediocre and we have been going down ever since 2016 heavily.
                    Last edited by Straight forward; 08-12-2021, 03:10 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Maksvytis says that last year maybe simple call from federation or ultimatum for the club possibly could change the situation. He says there was no real dialogue. Congrats again for Spokas and Sabas federation perfectly handling previous Olympic cycle.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Maskvytis signs contract without clause - Sabonis fault
                        Maksvytis sign contract with clause - OMG Gentvilas FTW

Maksvytis said what he had to say. He was politically correct.
                        Last edited by LuDux; 09-17-2021, 12:58 PM.
                        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                          Maskvytis signs contract without clause - Sabonis fault
                          Maksvytis sign contract with clause - OMG Gentvilas FTW
                          Simple fact that again previous federation was not active enough. Now even when clause is available Balciunas, Gedvilas and freakin' Garastas call Parma just to make sure things are done. That's the the attitude.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Attitude so strong it works back in time. And not the first time, new federation just started it's work and we already have enough young studs to get rid of Sabonis Valanciunas and Grigonis
                            The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                              Attitude so strong it works back in time. And not the first time, new federation just started it's work and we already have enough young studs to get rid of Sabonis Valanciunas and Grigonis
                              This time you missed a little bit with your interpretation.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information