No announcement yet.

2020 Lithuanian NT: in a chase of Olympic dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barsa really interested. Confirmed by Jasikevicius in direct interview. The offer on Jokubaitis' table.

Answering your question - Yes, I would. Plenty of reasons. 1. He's a nearest future franchise player of Lithuanian NT. 2. He has been balling in EL and was really decent. 3. He's a high IQ all around guard, primarily PG. Dimsa is just a below average guy of ACB and his position if filled with Grigonis, Giedraitis (EL studs). Jokubaitis will be doing OK in the camp and we need guys who can play with the ball in their hands, facilitate, provide high level decision making. Dimsa ain't producing that. Dimsa is a short stretches scorer and he may be competing for the spot with Brazdeikis, but the latter is more universal, talented and explosive and thus will make the team, IMO. But, hey, maybe Dimsa will surprise, who knows, but Jokubaitis is a lock. Time to live with that, Hepcat, it's done.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• K.Maskvytis asked about 15 preliminary list on delfi:

Good players are on that list,but I'm surprised that coach Maskoliunas choosen do not have no safety/security at C position if something bad will happen with one of our 2 star centers.

Asked what players he has in mind Maskvytis answered : Gudaitis, Motiejunas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
        K.Maskvytis asked about 15 preliminary list on delfi:

Good players are on that list,but I'm surprised that coach Maskoliunas choosen do not have no safety/security at C position if something bad will happen with one of our 2 star centers.

Asked what players he has in mind Maskvytis answered : Gudaitis, Motiejunas.
        Maksvytis probably already on vacation I mean if he missed/doesn't know that Gudaitis is injured, but he is exactly that security option Maskoliunas has if injuries will happen, Darius said they agreed on that, the same like with Maciulis

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
          Maksvytis probably already on vacation I mean if he missed/doesn't know that Gudaitis is injured, but he is exactly that security option Maskoliunas has if injuries will happen, Darius said they agreed on that, the same like with Maciulis
          It's incredible how people can't absorb information. I listen to all these podcasts and some-one will inevitably be missing on something. Or some incredible takes. Like f.e. Pulkovskis didn't even have Sedekerskis in the final roster (he argued for Maciulis still and most people entirely missed that Maciulis was sitting out in the 4 quarter against Denmark, he wasn't needed). All krepsinis.net podcast crew managed to entirely miss Sedekerskis at 4, not even mentioned him as possibility, while they explicitly discussed various variations at 4 (respect to Ceponis mentioning Sedekerskis as possibly huge boost for this position though). Now, Motiejunas...Really, Maksvytis? Did you even watch FIBA windows? Motiejunas sucked. His D was beyond criticism. Maskoliunas said very clearly - if something happens Gudaitis and Maciulis promised to join and Gudaitis wants to heal his ever lasting micro injuries. Nah, all BB community discussing why Maskoliunas decided to cut Gudaitis It's really funny. It's not just Shaw who jumps straight to the contra- arguments not even paying attention to the argument

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• A theological question. Who's the Lithuanian god of basketball? I've never heard of one and I can't find one on the list of Lithuanian deities.

And is it the President of the LKF who has the primary responsibility of propitiating this god or is it Lithuania's Minister of Sports? Because someone clearly blundered when it came to the requisite offerings being made for the success of the 3x3 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
              Maskvytis played playoofs serries againts Gudaitis club 2 weeks ago.

Kazys know very well this situation.He knows Arturas from his teenager years and wouldn't be suprise they had a personal talk at some point in that serries.

When Maskoliunas says we had heart to heart talk with Gudaitis and it's better for him to get fully healthy what exactly that mean?

And adds he can join team later on if something bad happens with injuries.So basically Gudaitis could play,but Maskoliunas don't need 3 real centers I read it like that.

If coach prepares to play all that switching defence when at center position we saw Maciulis,Masiulis types in qualification games and Birutis Echodas on bench sure you don't need 3 huge centers.

I just said what federations nr 2 option said about preliminary list.Maskoliunas was nr3.

Maskvytis sees NT playing differently, Maskoliunas from what I saw have in mind smaller lineups. It nothing wrong in either case,just diffrent game plan.

Kazlauskas always was going to tournament with protection at C position, Maskvytis also would as he mentioned.

Adomaitis 2019 went without, Maskoliunas will go to 2021 also without protection if injury or some corona shit happens to one our only 2 real bigs.

It can never happen and we won't even think about that, but if it will it can bite hard .Thats why it's called protection not sone game chasing thing.
              Last edited by Shawshank; 05-31-2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Ulanovas very likely out. He's not where he wants to be health wise. Shaw must be thrilled, Butkevicius will go in if Ulanovas out, IMO:

Prieš metus Edgaras Ulanovas troško paragauti legionieriaus duonos, kuriai tešla atrodė jau pakankamai išminkyta ir iškilusi. Tuomet puolėjas dar neįtarė, kad į ją pribyrės ir sauja pelų. Blogiausia, kad sveikatos problemos veikiausiai neleis Stambulo „Fenerbahče“ klubo lietuviui atsigriebti šią vasarą su nacionaline rinktine.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                  Ulanovas very likely out. He's not where he wants to be health wise. Shaw must be thrilled, Butkevicius will go in if Ulanovas out, IMO:

https://www.delfi.lt/krepsinis/nauji....d?id=87344873
                  Im not at all. I want all those 3 defensive wings on my team ! I dont wanna see 10 only offensive minded players on my NT.Thats not winning formula.

It seems that Clippers figured out Mavs offence and Luka is comming to Kaunas very likely.

From those 3 Ulanovas,Butkevicius,Sedekerskis my opinion Ulanovas has highest basketball IQ and that key thing trying to slow down Luka.

If that true thats very big lose for our NT in Slovenia matchup. Edgaras should be our nr1 option put on Doncic.
                  Last edited by Shawshank; 05-31-2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Maskvytis played playoofs serries againts Gudaitis club 2 weeks ago.

Kazys know very well this situation.
                    Obviously he doesn't, or simply forgot

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                    When Maskoliunas says we had heart to heart talk with Gudaitis and it's better for him to get fully healthy what exactly that mean?
                    Maybe it mean exactly that - "to get fully healthy?"

And adds he can join team later on if something bad happens with injuries.So basically Gudaitis could play,but Maskoliunas don't need 3 real centers I read it like that.
                    You read it like you wanted it to hear Gudaitis isn't at 100%, he could play only in force majeur situation, make some sacrifice, but if everythig will go fine and there are other options to play (JV/Sabas), he would prefer to skip this tournament to get fully healthy, he had injuries plagued season afterall, and then maybe he would join us for Olympics

Maskoliunas will go to 2021 also without protection if injury or some corona shit happens to one our only 2 real bigs.

It can never happen and we won't even think about that, but if it will it can bite hard .Thats why it's called protection not sone game chasing thing.
                    That protection could be Gudaitis and he would be there if healthy, he would be in final roster. Now he is that protection for preparations if anything bad will happen. He is the only real C option who could make some difference at this level. Let's not fool ourselves that some Birutis, Echodas would save our asses or would play in decisive games, we saw that vs Denmark and co, especially when rivals' frontcourts are not our main headache. Enough to create problems where isn't one

Comment

• To me it's Sedekerskis. The guy has the best size, height and toughness, he covers the most space defensively. But I think the key will be how we will react to p'n'r situations and how we'll double team Doncic. If Doncic comes I think Maskoliunas will have to bench JV. JV is always a target at p'n'r defence and Doncic will make us bleed at this point. I have no idea how Maskoliunas will use JV in that game, we can't hide JV's defence in any possible way when it's Doncic, his range is funny and he can comfortably step back from JV or early leave him behind in the switches and if JV will stay low in p'n'r situations Doncic will nail a three instantly. I think Maskoliunas will try to go with Sabonis switch all at the beginning, then might go really small with Sedekerskis at center. No-one will slow down Doncic individually most likely, it's a question how much help defence will be coming and I think we should maximize it as much as possible and how we'll defend p'n'r. Also transition defence will be one of the keys cause small Slovenia will surely push it and Doncic is unstoppable in open court as well. I think he will play 37-40min if he's coming and I really have doubts JV will play more than 15min in that game. If he will play more, we are probably doing a favor for Slovenia.

We did poor JV against Fournier and in many cases it's JV not able to react, Ulanovas made some mistakes, miscommunication in p'n'r D with Seibutis ect:

Evan Fournier scored 24 points for the French side against Lithuania. in a very close game the experienced shooting guard knew how to play and secured the wi...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• To me it's the best example of good help D. No matter left or right Langford goes, help defence collapses on him. We'll risk to leave guys as Prepelic open and they can really punish us, but that will probably be the only way if Doncic comes. But that's jasikevicius mid season polished D, I doubt we can come even close to it, but we will have to try:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Mindozas

I you think that coach played 2 games againts Gudaitis team and didnt noticed that he isnt playing in such case indeed Maskvytis is blind idiot

My guess he knows more than i or u about Gudaitis health.Because he knows him personally,if coach knows player personally i doubt he puts his name in media as candidate if player is really hurt.

But sure me and you know better reading krepinis inside news on sites than coach who working in VTB all season

From Maskvytis and Maskoliunas what they said my assumption is simple: Gudaitis could be ready in late June to play,maybe not 100% but could play.

Desicion do not include 80% Gudaitis was more comming from coach,not from player. I got such vibe.
                          Last edited by Shawshank; 05-31-2021, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Ulanovas very likely out. He's not where he wants to be health wise. Shaw must be thrilled....
                            It's Coach Maskoliūnas who must be thrilled. It's clear and obvious from his remarks that he doesn't have the character to take on the single most difficult part of any coach's job, cutting players. That's why he invited only fifteen players to camp when seventeen or so were needed to make sure the best ended up on the final roster.

Last edited by Hepcat; 05-31-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Im not at all. I want all those 3 defensive wings on my team ! I dont wanna see 10 only offensive minded players on my NT.Thats not winning formula.

From those 3 Ulanovas,Butkevicius,Sedekerskis my opinion Ulanovas has highest basketball IQ and that key thing trying to slow down Luka.

If that true thats very big lose for our NT in Slovenia matchup. Edgaras should be our nr1 option put on Doncic.
                              I agree. I think Team Lietuva needs as many options as possible when it comes to stopping/slowing down Doncic. Quite simply that's all that Slovenia has. With Lithuania's dominance at center, it should be relatively easy to outscore Slovenia if Doncic fails to beast.

Comment

To me it's the best example of good help D. No matter left or right Langford goes, help defence collapses on him. We'll risk to leave guys as Prepelic open and they can really punish us, but that will probably be the only way if Doncic comes. But that's jasikevicius mid season polished D, I doubt we can come even close to it, but we will have to try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJomI-bIoXE
                                I dont get what exactly Langford have in common with Doncic? Thats totally diffrent players with tottaly diffrent mindsets how they play game. Sharas asked to play such defence bcause he knows Langford dont pass the ball

Luka is basketball genius and if we gonna risk on best slovenian shooter like Prepelic be sure Luka gonna find him.

Defensive risk can come from anybody else except Luka and Prepelic.

Sedekerskis dont defend like that and have no experience doing that. Tadas strenghts is : he guards big usually PF and when his big put screen Tadas is so mobile he can switch on guard and play good defence.

But he is not as main defender on ball dominant player and never was. Doncic will dominate the ball all game.

All season in Baskonia Tadas is defending PF and only on switches those smaller players.

Butkevicius and Ulanovas all career was asked by their coaches to slow down most dangerous players that has the ball. This is diffrent type defenders. Its hard from one type defender becoming totally diffrent type. It takes lots of practises doing that.

Ltu fans imagine seeing that video how Tadas played good defence in switch with M.James that he guards such players all game long.Thats not the case.
                                Last edited by Shawshank; 05-31-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information