2020 Lithuanian NT: in a chase of Olympic dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Mindozas, at first I didn't check Zalgiris schedule. The game against Barsa in Feb 18 and then Madrid 25. Theoretically Grigonis and Lekavicius could play both 20 and 22 windows games, but 22 looks pretty spot on and managable and that's the key game for us. What do you mean there was no EL? Sabonis and Karnisovas also were risking their freakin' seasons back then Big time, specially Sabonis, knowing his injury record and stuff, but he was coming. I mean the risk is still there even if conditions were better for them to join.

IDK, I don't think that at this point, when we surely know we have a key game, I or Shaw ask to much when we ask Sabonis to step up and push Zalgiris a little bit. That's not Rockets science. Maybe, he will, but my guess is that he won't. I mentioned Balciunas because somehow it felt that back then NT event meant more, people really cared not to miss a NT season. Now, it's pretty quite...Federation is like "yeah, that will be a key game for us, hopefully Miniotas, Gailius and Blazevic coming"...I lack a sense of urgency here really...

We ask Zalgiris in the first place because Zalgiris is Lithuanian club, our blood and sweat feeds the club, you like it or not. I buy those freakin' curd snacks with Zalgiris name on usually FFS Also, the event will be in Lithuania, Vilnius, so it's logical to ask fellows to drive damn 100km, that will take less than hour if you're a good driver

It's tricky, but I would hope that we, as basketball country, would have more urgency before the key game and I don't feel it. We skip Eurobasket...big deal? That's where we getting to?
    I agree. Arvydas Sabonis and the LKF should make every effort to shake Marius Grigonis and maybe a PG loose from Žalgiris for a few days in February. All that's needed is a stretch limo to pick those players up in Kaunas for the 75 minute drive to Vilnius (unless they'd rather take the train). Žalgiris owes Lithuanian fans at least that much for all their support in the last 30+ years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
      I agree. Arvydas Sabonis and the LKF should make every effort to shake Marius Grigonis and maybe a PG loose from Žalgiris for a few days in February. All that's needed is a stretch limo to pick those players up in Kaunas for the 75 minute drive to Vilnius (unless they'd rather take the train). Žalgiris owes Lithuanian fans at least that much for all their support in the last 30+ years.

Yeah, Sabas should arrange limo, girls, drinks for players or at worse come to Motiejunas office with some gang armed with AK-47 to show who is the boss in Lithuanian bball. I will be very disappointed in Sabas if he won't do it

Comment

• I can't believe this discussion is about Grigonis and Lekavicius should play against Denmark. By the way, are they any property? Did you ask them if they would like to play so many games in the short stretch and so on? And why then Domantas and JV don't take a plain and spent some few days for the sake of Lith basketball and your good feeling?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
          Yeah, Sabas should arrange limo, girls, drinks for players or at worse come to Motiejunas office with some gang armed with AK-47 to show who is the boss in Lithuanian bball. I will be very disappointed in Sabas if he won't do it
          A stretch limo with two or three girls should suffice.

Comment

• Very few Lithuanians had that cluths genes in them that is not common in how lithuanians characters overall are.

Jasikevicius,Macijauskas,Kleiza,Maciulis and new edition Grigonis.

4 Kaunas street fearless pacanai and Klaipeda street pride Macas

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
              Very few Lithuanians had that cluths genes in them that is not common in how lithuanians characters overall are.

Jasikevicius,Macijauskas,Kleiza,Maciulis and new edition Grigonis.

4 Kaunas street fearless pacanai and Klaipeda street pride Macas
              Where's Sabonis, Marciulionis, or the same Kurtinaitis?
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Where's Sabonis, Marciulionis, or the same Kurtinaitis?
                That old generation was all clutch, adding to it Jovaisa, who was simply cold blooded killer, the same Chomicius

Comment

• Jeez, I'm waiting for the day when we will have any human beings and not robots in federation. Spokas with the same formal, emotionless reports. Monotonous voice "we have to qualify for Eurobasket" while it must be "our fucking ass is burning for more than half of year now". I don't remember when he gave actual interview, I mean where he really expressed concerns, problems, some apprehension, would actually talk as a human being, would express any thoughts on Maskoliunas job...Nothing. Federation remains super calm, robotic with 2016, 2017, 2019 failures and dreadful "Maskoliunas' era"... Hell or high water, they will act this way exactly. If they will fail with both EB and OG quallies, they will just say, it wasn't all that bad, the result is more or less objective, what can you do with the same formal style as always.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Hehe, ever since I saw that article about goals, I knew I'll read SF complaining about it on IBN Its like annual ritual

Comment

• This time it's not even about goals. I'm Ok with 1 to 8 spots (at least now). But I really miss emotions. Ever since Balciunas/Garastas I guess. When Sabonis came to federation there were some signs of life in him still, but now...Spokas is a robot, he can't say anything sincerely, he's always the same. Sabonis is gone. When we had Kazkauskas, he was personality and it was great to listen to him. Hell, even Adomaitis was able to say real things, to say how it is. Now, it's fucking dead end. Living dead federation and Maskoliunas with his moon walking coaching and pre game speeches...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

This time it's not even about goals. I'm Ok with 1 to 8 spots (at least now). But I really miss emotions. Ever since Balciunas/Garastas I guess. When Sabonis came to federation there were some signs of life in him still, but now...Spokas is a robot, he can't say anything sincerely, he's always the same. Sabonis is gone. When we had Kazkauskas, he was personality and it was great to listen to him. Hell, even Adomaitis was able to say real things, to say how it is. Now, it's fucking dead end. Living dead federation and Maskoliunas with his moon walking coaching and pre game speeches...
                        What real things? C'mon, you think federation doesn't understand the seriousness of situation? If they'll act some drama for public would it be for the better? I don't think so. Not for me at least. I wouldn't buy it. Also why do you need emotions in annual press-conference? It's about setting some goals, it always was, which never meant anything what so ever, then announce some youth coaches, set budgets and etc. Or you need some showing off for public with loud speeches, promises, panic? We need to bring back Guoga for that Balciunas also never was person like that, he never was emotional, he was much more like Spokas, tried to do his job calmly, that's why he worked with Spokas too, they get along quite well together in this aspect, also back in his secretary days it was Garastas scandals and Guoga bragging who put federation in press more than anything. Ok, it might be individual, you might like some open public speeches, promises, but I always liked persons who talks less, but does more. Spokas was calm person ever since he was Olympic participant in 1996, I never saw him losing his head. He is just like that and always will be probably. He will solve the issues internally instead going to public and do such public laundry. If some Spokas or Sabas would come now and try to put some drama with "omg, omg, what a tragic situation, what should we do now, everything goes wrong, Maksoliunas is bad, we might not qualify to Eurobasket, to Olympics", I'd just want such leaders to quit. But that's subjective, I agree

Comment

• Nah, that's not my point. My point is that there's no connection between federation and basketball community, there's no communicators, pernsonalities that would make connection with fans, community. It's not about panicking or accusing anyone publicly, it's about communicating BB life, NT life. Public relations are not sufficient of this federation, NT relevance is decreasing not only because of lack of talent that we had recently, but overall. It wasn't like Balciunas or Garastas attacking coaches or anything, no, but they were the ones who could give sincere, informal interviews, expressing some thoughts in human language. The problem with this federation we don't hear any reaction after losses, after failed tournaments, zero...You don't have to be non PRO emotional freak if you give informal interview and you don't have to be always super strictly formal or absolutely silent like Sabas, there's something between that With this federation there's just no reaction happens. When Sabonis hired Adomaitis, people talked that Sabas hires him and he will take responsability for that...when Adomaitis failed and resigned what exactly Sabonis did or said, how he took resposibility?...Nothing, like zero...I guess what he did is that he hired Maskoliunas...

I mean, give me a shabby interview before do or die game of the NT...freakin' shabby interview with human language and human answers, anyone from federation if Spokas and Sabas can't give that. Like...are coaches going to study Denmark team this time? What is the possibility to get some Euroleague players for do or die game? Why Lithuania keeps losing now, while we were winning everything in WC windows? Nah, let's have forth fiasko in a fucking row and silently please I think some urgency would actually help, because sleeping beauty may wake up a little bit, who knows...

Anyway, that's my take. Burning Maskoliunas on the campfire now wouldn't help, but some actual signs that NT still matters would be handy to say the least...

And the worst things is that this federation is not making the job done silently...We have been a mess since 2016 results wise and now with ridiculous fiaskos one after another their carriage didn't change a bit. I don't think these guys conform your definition. These guys silently fail.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Nah, that's not my point. My point is that there's no connection between federation and basketball community, there's no communicators, pernsonalities that would make connection with fans, community. It's not about panicking or accusing anyone publicly, it's about communicating BB life, NT life. Public relations are not sufficient of this federation, NT relevance is decreasing not only because of lack of talent that we had recently, but overall. It wasn't like Balciunas or Garastas attacking coaches or anything, no, but they were the ones who could give sincere, informal interviews, expressing some thoughts in human language. The problem with this federation we don't hear any reaction after losses, after failed tournaments, zero...You don't have to be non PRO emotional freak if you give informal interview and you don't have to be always super strictly formal or absolutely silent like Sabas, there's something between that With this federation there's just no reaction happens. When Sabonis hired Adomaitis, people talked that Sabas hires him and he will take responsability for that...when Adomaitis failed and resigned what exactly Sabonis did or said, how he took resposibility?...Nothing, like zero...I guess what he did is that he hired Maskoliunas...

I mean, give me a shabby interview before do or die game of the NT...freakin' shabby interview with human language and human answers, anyone from federation if Spokas and Sabas can't give that. Like...are coaches going to study Denmark team this time? What is the possibility to get some Euroleague players for do or die game? Why Lithuania keeps losing now, while we were winning everything in WC windows? Nah, let's have forth fiasko in a fucking row and silently please I think some urgency would actually help, because sleeping beauty may wake up a little bit, who knows...

Anyway, that's my take. Burning Maskoliunas on the campfire now wouldn't help, but some actual signs that NT still matters would be handy to say the least...
                            But reading this, that was exactly the point I was talking about You need sound words, shabby interviews, some signs, I don't, I know perfectly that federation cares and does everything they can to help NT, and I don't give a fck if Sabas will come now with some statement that "we are preparing, we'll do our best" and after the window will say "we did that, we qualified", or "we fcked up". So what? What my reaction should be? Thank you captain obvious? I don't need any additional phrases, I think I'm not that dumb to get what happened without some wrods from official persons. To see why we are losing, what went wrong.
                            Anyway, if you think that previous federations were great that let me remind you the same Ilgauskas case. How many lies we've heard. That was exactly the case when they better could've stayed silent. Also no one took responsibility after 2001 disaster, when federation screwed up and our best coach Kazlauskas took the blame on himslef and no one was there to stop him in the heat of the moment, everyone went in turtle mode, hiding their heads. No one was there to resolve Kaukenas and Sireika conflict. No one stopped Sireika from doing idiotic corrections in coaching staff in 2004. He even kept his job. Then funnily federation waiting for Sireika to fail in 2006 just to fire him. Garastas fought a personal war and even openly critisized NT before the tournament, so that Sireika didn't want to go to Japan... No one chopped Butautas head after two failures, yeah failures, and he continued even tho another one was about to happen. He simply suited federation well. Then federation's inability to share the money with NT support fund, how many conflicts there were back in 00s, Garastas vs Pavilonis, everyone wanted the bigger part of cake, especially before 2011. That just few examples that popped into my head, I bet I could think of more. Not that it makes this federation great, but the grass wasn't greener back then.
                            And yes, popularity of NT directly collaborate with strenght of the team. It goes up and down in masses. When we have a great one to fight for podium it's on top, if not - ok, whateva. Now it's somewhere in the middle. There was major drop from 1996 to 1997, it was the same before 2000, before 2010 and it hugely rose very next year and etc etc. None federation did anything remarkable towards that, it comes naturally. In 90s we overall didn;t have almost any connection with NT, some articles in press, some short interviews in news, 30mins of "Krepsinio pasaulyjeeee", we were glad to have TV broadcasting main tournaments, but till 1997 NT was on top and you could barely see people outside when it played. But in 1997 suddenly not so. In 2004 sky high, in 2005 not so. To me the reasons are quite obvious. Now when you can follow NT, players in every way possible, personal social networks, podcasts, media, it's only up to people to be interested, but we have so many other things to do either.

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            And the worst things is that this federation is not making the job done silently...We have been a mess since 2016 results wise and now with ridiculous fiaskos one after another their carriage didn't change a bit. I don't think these guys conform your definition. These guys silently fail.
                            Yeah and silently we were not so messy with 2 Eurobasket finals before that when exactly the same guys worked in federation When the same federation managed to persuade Kazlauskas to come back and stay, when our dear press with some friends like the same Balciunas almost kicked him out in 2013. Lately we have been a mess result-wise, no doubt about that. But what did federation wrong here? Hired wrong coach? Maybe. But what else? Didn't they give all the best conditions for NT to prepare, camps, facilities, medical staff, hmm, I think not, everyone could envy us in this direction. Didn't they arranged windows, OQT at home? They did it all, just go on and play, that's all you should care about. don't know what else they can do, if we simply didn't have that great NT to fight for podium or don't have that strong supporting cast anymore either.
                            I'm not denying federation mistakes and never did, and for sure Sabas is no master of communication, but putting all the blame on federation about everything that's just not fair

Comment

• OK, some really good insights, previous federation wasn't perfect either, and surely NT results reflect it's popularity, but at least we agree that this federation has obvious communication problems. And also, let's agree, hiring Maskoliunas has been a disaster thus far, it's fact, real disaster. Now it's not only vital question whenever we qualify to EB and OG, but it's obvious that basically all BB community don't treat Maskoliunas as a head coach and don't think he can lead NT. The situation is really shitty just before most crucial stretch of Olympic cycle. It's the worst pre OLympic situation ever. In 1992, 1996 we had Garastas, in 2000, 2016 Kazlauskas, in 2012 Kemzura, in 2004 and 2008 we had stacked teams who could ball even without a coach, but at least Sireika and Butautas were legitimate head coaches. Now we have an assistant who is trying to figure it out what's the carriage (physical and mental) of the head coach while losing ridiculous games...Current NT still needs a good coach to do well and that makes our situation really shitty at this point.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• What are the chances that Maskoliūnas was hired to keep seat warm for Saras?
                                The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information