Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Lithuanian NT: in a chase of Olympic dream

Here's my early quallies to Eurobasket team:

Velicka, Janavicius*
    D.Giedraitis, Sirvydis, Jogela**
    Butkevicius, Sedekerskis
    Bendzius, Masiulis, Kulboka
    Echodas, Kairys

* assuming Kalnietis and Jokubaitis wouldn't be available for different reasons
    ** Maybe Juskevicius, but I barely see the need. Giedraitis and Sirvydis already better defenders and higher IQ players and both can score. Jogela has the same flaws as Juskevicius, but has some upside. Unless coach would want more veteran presence, I let Juskevicius rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

It seems Maskoliunas can be a candidate from LKF. At least there are interesting hints from Zalgiris. Motiejunas said that they are talking with federation, but he doesn't want to comment on it for now. I guess since Saras case is closed, they could talk about Maskoliunas only. Javtokas doesn't see any problems if Maskoliunas would like to work with NT either. IMO it would be by far the best choice possible now. But so far there are only hints we have, nothing for granted

Do we even know what Maskoliunas is capable of as a head coach? Some campaign with Zalgiris in crazy times under Romanov. Pretty much it. I understand he has been with Kazlauskas, he has been with Jasikevicius. But I found him to be a permanent assistant coach type of guy. Under these circumstances it's surely not the worse option, but I wouldn't call it by far the best. He's not even a real deal head coach material. Not against it, but not flattered either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Do we even know what Maskoliunas is capable of as a head coach? Some campaign with Zalgiris in crazy times under Romanov. Pretty much it. I understand he has been with Kazlauskas, he has been with Jasikevicius. But I found him to be a permanent assistant coach type of guy. Under these circumstances it's surely not the worse option, but I wouldn't call it by far the best. He's not even a real deal head coach material.
    I wrote "IMO". The same way Sireika is the best for you, the same way Maskoliunas is the best for me. He doesn't have sound CV as a head coach, worked with Zalgiris, worked in Rytas, worked in Poland. But way more important for me is experience he gained from working with Kazlauskas, Jasikevicius, working in the biggest scene in club basketball, been in Final4, PO and etc. And that's not some 15 years ago. He is relatively young, modern coach and what's also important - well respected by players and worked with big number of them. If I know what to expect and what not to from, let's say, Sireika, if I have no expectations at all from some other LKL coaches, then at least Maskoliunas has big bag of knowledge, which is impressive and at least gives me hope that it might turn to be smth good and useful. Of course, it might not happen and he might finish as eternal assistant, but some Kemzura also was like that back in the day. So at least with Maskoliunas I have hope. Given the other possible candidates left, having him looks like blessing in my book, I had no hopes that Zalgiris would allow him to give a shot

So Kuzminskas' departure from Olympiacos likely means he might be available in February 17-25, for the games against Belgium and Czech Rep. Our group on the paper doesn't seem all that weak, knowing that Czechs as co-hosts will qualify, so there's 2 spots remains to qualify. There's also Denmark in the group. So imagine if Czechs takes 4th spot, Lithuania is fighting for 2 spots with Belgium and Denmark. I surely do not say that we won't qualify, but the job will have to be done.

I have to say I'm happy that Adomaitis is gone even if we have Maskoliunas and Sireika as main candidates. Not only he made some key mistakes in the crunch time in WC, but I watch Rytas' games and I see the same bleak, mediocre, toothless coaching and basketball. The same plays, the same lack of fighting spirit, the same lack of creativity or more expressed game plan. I barely see any improvement of Adomaitis. He is simply mediocre coach, pure mediocrity and will remain so, IMO. Like it wouldn't be enough the guy is horrible with young players. R.Giedraitis blossomed when he left Rytas (that's relative, but you could see the leap once he left), Echodas development was highly questionable, Sirvydis (even if I give him credit for improved defence) is under very short leash and I hope he's leaving Rytas as soon as possible, be it G league or any other place. I see Kalaitzakis brothers messing in LKL with all the possible freedom a young player can get and they are even able to beat pseudo systematic team Rytas, guess who's in better development environment. And this is the guy who was at the top of Lithuanian BB pyramid. Sireika may be a complete mediocrity as a coach, but at least he can name bunch of young players that he prepared for the next level or allowed youngsters to go through the fire in the NT for the present and future sake. Whoever will be a new NT coach (other than Krapikas, Pacesas I guess) I will wellcome this just because it's a step away from Adomaitis. All bad things which could happen, happened. The only positive was that he handled WC qualification well, that's it, but in most cases we were clearly superior. Now 2 failures in official tournament. The worst ever stretch since 1992. Not a single guy from his coaching team who could take NT into his hands. Not a single young players who got a chance to get his feet wet in 2 official tournaments, something what every single past coach managed to do. Obvious conservatism regarding youngsters in his coaching club, and that comes from the guys who was the boss of all Lith BB pyramid, including youth BB also (according to federation anyway). All this case just simply didn't work and those 2 failures in official tournaments (2 pre-Olympic, second rate competitions in this perspective) seeded from little to none for the future. Players like Sabonis, Ulanovas, Grigonis, Lekavicius were simply absolutely ready for the business, not a single young guy got a tiny credit to sneak into the roster. So we have bad record and zero work that has been started to fill the gaps at positions 2 and 4. The timing wasn't perfect for Adomaitis, I understand that, but it's still disappointing, specially remembering when he ride all three horrid defenders (Juskevicius, Milaknis, Gecevicius) in one team.

Now about other positive things. I love how Neptunas puts Jogela at the point recently. I am not sold on him as a point forward, but it's a great medium to develop, and I can see him panning out into a wing who can put the ball on the floor a little bit and as I already mentioned it's highly lack of ours. We badly lack ball handling at SG and SF positions. I think Jogela even improved his defence a little bit and I am very curious to follow his development and hope to see him making NT in February. I see three players potentially competing for the spot at position 2 in the summer. That's Jogela, Sirvydis, D. Giedraitis (remember I lock Brazdeikis, whatever his position may be, if he's available). At the moment I prioritize Giedraitis because he has already complete and polished skillset, he's pure ballhandler and true guard, but that may be a competition and if new coach will be willing to integrate new blood, it should be one of these guys at 2.

Again, anytime I see a 2 guard or wing who shows glimpses of ball handling and creativity and I'm getting optimistic. Recently it was Jogela.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R.Giedraitis blossomed when he left Rytas (that's relative, but you could see the leap once he left)
    15/16 6.1ppg
    16/17 9.7ppg +3.7
    17/18 12.4 ppg +2.7
    18/19 14.8 ppg +2.4

Oh and Adomaitis didn't coach Giedraitis in Rytas

Also Rytas is Vilnius' team, Nevezis is agents' team
    Last edited by LuDux; 11-09-2019 at 06:58 PM.

I had doubts whenever Adomaitis coached Giedraitis in Rytas, but was too lazy to chuck it. It also goes highly on Rytas' management and not only coach what makes it the place to skip for young players. But Adomaitis is not able to change this.

This agents team defeated Rytas tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had doubts whenever Adomaitis coached Giedraitis in Rytas, but was too lazy to chuck it. It also goes highly on Rytas' management and not only coach which makes the place to skip for young players. But Adomaitis is not able to change this.

This agents team defeated Rytas tonight.
    I am happy for Greeks

Neptunas and Lietkabelis lost there too and loss margins more or less reflect team strength

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    I am happy for Greeks
    Curious that Georgios Kalaitzakis is not drafted. Maybe this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The same old rant from SF. I already got used to it and pay less attention. Too predictable regarding youngsters, regarding Adomaitis no hard feelings, just an opinion from the side

Btw, Giedraitis looks good stats-wise in Alba cause it's perfect environment for him. Reneses plays the way Giedraitis loves - run, run, run, offense is the key and etc. Look at Alba defense - it's horrible.Including Giedraitis. Take out some Nnoko and it would be tragical. But still they concedes around 90pts per game. Zalgiris concedes 76pts and it's only in the middle in this category. Giedraitis would be lost in Zalgiris, the way he was in NT. He must have game plan suitable for him, ball in his hands. It reminds me Gecevicius case a lot. Good in Rytas where he had lot of freedom, nowhere to be seen in Oly, in NT.
    Regarding Sirvydis, saw few Rytas games this season, guy is in horrible shape. Can't hit an open shot, makes some poor decisions. Was wondering what was happening, but Jarutis made some interesting remarks regarding Sirvydis few days ago - he doesn't give enough effort. He just do what he has to in practices and goes home. And that's the guy who is dreaming about NBA? At his age he shouldn't leave the gym, but he seems to be somewhere floating between the stars already and needs some reality check. I was really high on him, quite rare case in my book, but if attitude becomes a problem, then he will end up as another wasted talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    The same old rant from SF. I already got used to it and pay less attention. Too predictable regarding youngsters, regarding Adomaitis no hard feelings, just an opinion from the side
    Maybe. But a bunch of facts also.

Btw, Giedraitis looks good stats-wise in Alba cause it's perfect environment for him. Reneses plays the way Giedraitis loves - run, run, run, offense is the key and etc. Look at Alba defense - it's horrible.Including Giedraitis. Take out some Nnoko and it would be tragical. But still they concedes around 90pts per game. Zalgiris concedes 76pts and it's only in the middle in this category. Giedraitis would be lost in Zalgiris, the way he was in NT. He must have game plan suitable for him, ball in his hands. It reminds me Gecevicius case a lot. Good in Rytas where he had lot of freedom, nowhere to be seen in Oly, in NT.
    Regarding Sirvydis, saw few Rytas games this season, guy is in horrible shape. Can't hit an open shot, makes some poor decisions. Was wondering what was happening, but Jarutis made some interesting remarks regarding Sirvydis few days ago - he doesn't give enough effort. He just do what he has to in practices and goes home. And that's the guy who is dreaming about NBA? At his age he shouldn't leave the gym, but he seems to be somewhere floating between the stars already and needs some reality check. I was really high on him, quite rare case in my book, but if attitude becomes a problem, then he will end up as another wasted talent.
    Well, you guys stuck to my improper timing mentioning Giedraitis. What I wanted to say, is that Adomaitis is not good with youngsters, really there was no young player that he even tried to get to NT real close, regarding official tournaments. Kazlauskas did that, Sireika did that, Kemzura did that, even Butautas did that to some degree. But the hell with this complain, my point was that I see Rytas' BB and it just goes nowhere, it's just shallow, dead basketball, well mediocre, yes, and maybe I'm asking too much, but to me Adomaitis is just another disappointment as the coach who actually coached NT.

Regarding Srivydis he's on celebrity fewer with his own right. Drafted, spent summer in USA training with stars often, projecting him self as NBA PRO in the future. Better now than later. Most importantly that he wouldn't stop working and he will be alright. Did I notice some cockiness and ill mannered carriage? Yes. Did his shot fell off in a regular season? Pretty much so. However, he improved his body physically, a fact. He vastly improved his defence which was his main flaw, a fact. He still makes some ridiculously good, bullet passes. He still moves to the right corners, reads the game very well for 19yo. Jarutis may be right and I'm all with him on this that Sirvydis and any other who dreams about elite level should work as hell, but also Jarutis may ask himself whenever standing in the corners all the time or jacking off some ridiculous spot on threes is the role that a third year bright prospect should expect. Sirvydis showed some flashes of driving abilities and he even made a nice drive today agains Nevezis, but he usually is used as completely skilless dude which he's not. IMO, he should get down to earth mentally most of all rather than fix his working ehtics. His shot is flat because of new muscle mass, but the cockiness is here and the leash here. He should play some basketball in stead of jacking off threes from the corners, and the latter goes on classy Rytas staff shoulders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe. But a bunch of facts also.
    Not necessary a facts, just your opinion

Well, you guys stuck to my improper timing mentioning Giedraitis. What I wanted to say, is that Adomaitis is not good with youngsters, really there was no young player that he even tried to get to NT real close, regarding official tournaments. Kazlauskas did that, Sireika did that, Kemzura did that, even Butautas did that to some degree. But the hell with this complain, my point was that I see Rytas' BB and it just goes nowhere, it's just shallow, dead basketball, well mediocre, yes, and maybe I'm asking too much, but to me Adomaitis is just another disappointment as the coach who actually coached NT.
    Adomaitis is a mediocre coach, none denies that, but tell me where he was wrong by selecting NT members? I remember clearly how you reacted when Adomaitis announced final roster this year. You wrote that finally you agree with him on smth and he did perfectly fine. Now you are claiming opposite. I'll tell you more, Lithuania, with couple of exceptions, was coached by mediocre to bad coaches all the time. Let's not act like Adomaitis was smth new here. Lot of of these poor coaches were able to hide behind the talent we had - Sireika, Butautas are the most obvious cases. They won smth not cause they were any good by themselves, but cause they had much more talent in their squads and exactly talent won these medals. When the talent was gone - failures happened (2005, 2006, 2009). Moreover, Sireika never took anyone to NT just cause he is a young talented guy. Nor in 2003, nor in 2004, or in 2005. Only in 2006 he chose Kalnietis cause Saras was out, Siska was out, Sireika was in a fight with Kaukenas, while Ginevicius who was supposed to be out main PG had tragedy in family and withdrew, then Sireika called up Pocius and Kalnietis from youth NT for preps, he had no other choice. Pocius then couldn't handle PG duties, so he was cut soon and Kalnietis was chosen. Then go back to club level, who was the talent that grew in Zalgiris under Sireika? Maybe just Jankunas, but he was exceptional talent, who would have go through under any guidance. Back then Zalgiris was known more as a cemetery for talented guys. Sireika is good when giving a chance for some talented guys in some Siauliai, Juventus, where he doesn't have to reach top results, but when his ass is burning, the same like all the other coaches he picks the best. Also I don't remember anyone called up by Butautas. You mean Mazutis, Prekevicius? C'mon. These were one of the biggest jokes in history. Butautas was rottening on bench our best PG Kalnietis in 2009... I'd make an exception maybe for 2010 youthful squad of Kemzura, but again it was more of a forced decision, all the veterans withdrew, then the cycle of Kazlauskas looking for 2nd PG for Rio, choosing Vasiliauskas in 2014, Lekavicius in 2015, Kariniauskas in 2016, testing other guys who didn't make it. And here I'm not criticizing most coaches for their picks. I agree that in NT should play the best, it's not a place for experiments, not in most important tournaments. You should realize that NT coach needs to show result and goes for it first of all, he is criticized not cause he didn't picked some youngsters you like, but cause he didn't live up to expectations results-wise, even tho at times this critics are well too big, but I already wrote about it zillion of times.

Regarding Srivydis he's on celebrity fewer with his own right. Drafted, spent summer in USA training with stars often, projecting him self as NBA PRO in the future. Better now than later. Most importantly that he wouldn't stop working and he will be alright. Did I notice some cockiness and ill mannered carriage? Yes. Did his shot fell off in a regular season? Pretty much so. However, he improved his body physically, a fact. He vastly improved his defence which was his main flaw, a fact. He still makes some ridiculously good, bullet passes. He still moves to the right corners, reads the game very well for 19yo. Jarutis may be right and I'm all with him on this that Sirvydis and any other who dreams about elite level should work as hell, but also Jarutis may ask himself whenever standing in the corners all the time or jacking off some ridiculous spot on threes is the role that a third year bright prospect should expect. Sirvydis showed some flashes of driving abilities and he even made a nice drive today agains Nevezis, but he usually is used as completely skilless dude which he's not. IMO, he should get down to earth mentally most of all rather than fix his working ehtics. His shot is flat because of new muscle mass, but the cockiness is here and the leash here. He should play some basketball in stead of jacking off threes from the corners, and the latter goes on classy Rytas staff shoulders.
    Again. Coach first of all is responsible for result. Keep that in mind. If he sees that player can't be useful at some point - he won't bring him on court. Moreover he sees smth we don't - practices, attitude and shape of player. If Sirvydis bulked up and can't hit shots, why the hell coach should play him? Just cause he is promising? I understand that if you were a coach, you would play Sirvydis for 40min, cause you are kinda obsessed with talented guys, it's fine, also I guess you don't give a rat ass about Rytas results, neither I, but at least try to understand that there are people who does and results are needed to attract sponsors, fans. I'm trying to get this and I see some rational moves from coach this way. He plays the best players he has at that moment. The same goes with Adomaitis, the same goes with Saras or any other coach. If a kid will show more than just some flashes of greatness, then he will get his minutes. Bearing in mind Jarutis words, bearing in mind poor shape of Sirvydis and not the best attitude, I'm not suprised that he is not in rotation for major playing time. Sure, he would get it in Nevezis, in Siauliai under Sireika, but just cause there's way less competition

After Kuz return from nba in eurobasket2017 he looked like one of the better Europes SF.

Since he is only shadow of himself.Maybe divorce and choosing bad womens around him not helped .

Top 6
    JV,Domantas
    Grigonis, Ulanovas,Gudaitis,Lukas

And we badly need good form Kuzminskas and Kalnietis to help in our weakest two positions pg and pf. If we want to have fighters chance in Olympic summer.

But both of them looking as loosing step or two overall this season.

Mantas age is getting to him, but Kuzminskas decreasing level is suprise.Kuz needs to find right coach and right situation for him right now... not just hunt for more money .

I remember clearly how you reacted when Adomaitis announced final roster this year. You wrote that finally you agree with him on smth and he did perfectly fine. Now you are claiming opposite.
    Correct. I was 100% spot on with Adomaitis 2019 roster under given circumstances. But in 2017 I criticized him for taking all three rather similar type of SGs in Juskevicius, Milaknis, Gecevicius, all poor defenders. But even talking about 2019 I wanted some young gun to be closer NT. There was only Masiulis and he was cut early, but there could also surely be Jokubaitis, Sirvydis, Velicka, maybe Kulboka who already played in windows and we had issues at 4. Deeper run with some youngsters in the camp also important even if you finally leave them aside, but there's a job done building for the nearest future. Coach is handling all Olympic cycle, he should be looking to the future as well. Kazlauskas always did it nicely. Remember he tested heavily Cizauskas in 2013 camp, but he didn't live up to expectations. I missed that from Adomaitis. OK, the timing maybe wasn't great, maybe in 2017 the market of young players wasn't all that wealthy, I'm too lazy to go through it precisely, but even in the windows he could be a bit more flexible, experimental. Don't you find any link here that the best NT coach Kazlauskas was the biggest experimenter regarding the effort to improve the roster, boldest in terms of integrating new talent?

Also I don't remember anyone called up by Butautas. You mean Mazutis, Prekevicius? C'mon. These were one of the biggest jokes in history.
    I meant 22yo Maciulis, in the stacked 2007 EB team. Also Prekevicius. Latter pick was a failure, but so was Kazlauskas pick of Kariniauskas 2016, these things happen. I justify that.

Whatever the reasons, the fact is that there's no young player who had a tiny credit from Adomaitis. Other did it, maybe pushed by circumstances, but did it and in many cases that gave various dividends.

You should realize that NT coach needs to show result and goes for it first of all, he is criticized not cause he didn't picked some youngsters you like, but cause he didn't live up to expectations results-wise, even tho at times this critics are well too big, but I already wrote about it zillion of times.
    I never said results should sacrificed for the sake of adding youngsters. I'm for integrating more talent. In some cases it's an instant upgrade and at least new interesting options and possibilities, in other cases it's a bit of gable which doesn't really mean much or anything regarding the results. F. e. would things have changed if Adomaitis had taken some Sirvydis or other youngster in the place of R. Giedraitis? Yes. But only in positive way, because a young player with higher upside and deeper span of PRO years would have got his feet wet in the NT field. At least that's what we can say now, after the tournament. So integrating youngster doesn't mean you sacrifice anything. Kazlauskas barely sacrificed anything integrating Domas to the final roster of 2015, and we already got some dividends in 2016 already.

I understand that if you were a coach, you would play Sirvydis for 40min, cause you are kinda obsessed with talented guys, it's fine, also I guess you don't give a rat ass about Rytas results, neither I, but at least try to understand that there are people who does and results are needed to attract sponsors, fans. I'm trying to get this and I see some rational moves from coach this way. He plays the best players he has at that moment. The same goes with Adomaitis, the same goes with Saras or any other coach. If a kid will show more than just some flashes of greatness, then he will get his minutes. Bearing in mind Jarutis words, bearing in mind poor shape of Sirvydis and not the best attitude, I'm not suprised that he is not in rotation for major playing time. Sure, he would get it in Nevezis, in Siauliai under Sireika, but just cause there's way less competition
    My biggest reproach for Adomaitis is about his coaching overall. PGs are not active, passive ball movement, lazy screens, slow execution of the sets, rather stationary, predictable basketball, no intensity, passion, fighting spirit, little identity whatsoever . We agreed that he's simply mediocre, but I do believe that both NT and such rebuilding club as Rytas should have something more than that. That's why I criticize him and I think he's not in his place, his place is Neptunas, Lietkabelis, Juventus type of environment. I said that when he was hired to coach NT and I barely can take back my words now, I sill see pretty much the same basketball with very little improvement.
    Even Kurtinaitis managed to squeeze more from mediocre Rytas' roster making Gecevicius a guy to go and beating messy, but still Zalgiris. He created obvious identity and that was being felt. Adomaitis is failing even to reach this level.

I never would play Sirvydis 40 minutes, but I would tell him to drive, to bang inside more, to hustle more, to facilitate more. Guy has a great size and is very skilled for that size. He's a good slasher, perfect FT shooting, great passer, reads the situations very well. He would turn the ball over for few times, but would provide creativity and sheer scoring treat for Rytas. But in stead he is used like Milaknis and he's not even yet a good spot up shooter. Eventually he will be, but he shouldn't be reduced to such role entirely. That's my biggest reproach. However, I agree with you that Adomaitis knows Sirvydis issues much better than we and I'm OK with glueing him to the bench if he deserves it. But put the guy into the real ball game situations, don't rot him in the corners of the court.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    And we badly need good form Kuzminskas and Kalnietis to help in our weakest two positions pg and pf. If we want to have fighters chance in Olympic summer.

But both of them looking as loosing step or two overall this season.

Mantas age is getting to him, but Kuzminskas decreasing level is suprise.Kuz needs to find right coach and right situation for him right now... not just hunt for more money .
    Agree about Kuz, but Kalnietis is simply is what he is now, I don't think he's in some slump at the moment. Maybe some WC hangover much like it caught Lekavicius as well, but that's all. Kalnietis is getting old, hopefully will give us in 2020 similar impact as in 2019.

The weakest position has been 2. Others are more or less at the same level, with exception of 5 which is extremely tough with Domas, Gudaitis, JV, hell even D-Mo at 5 would look pretty good. PG position has been solid in 2019, Lekavicius played well, Kalnietis was from decent to solid. Position 4 with Sabonis, Kuz, Jankunas surely wasn't so weak, it's just that Kuz and Jankunas struggled. At 2 we had only Grigonis and no adequate replacement. Seibutis is pretty much done. Giedraitis is not much under strict system BB.

It's hard to say how our NT 2020 will look at the moment, but most likely 2 position will remain the weakest. Unless Sireika hired and established some sort of run and gun offence, Giedraitis won't change much, IMO. Maybe he will hit few shots here and there, but he ain't gonna establish himself as a solid option at 2. I can see some improvement with Brazdeikis and some other youngster potentially sneaking to this position, but so can be said about other positions. Unless Brazdeikis would turn out to be an instant upgrade, there won't be massive improvement at position 2 and I expect it to be the weakest (at least nominally).

However, I hope that we will be flexible and will fix our backourt something like this, moving Lekavicius to position 2 basically and adding one of Jokubaitis, Velicka:

Kalnietis, Jokubaitis
    Grigonis, Lekavicius, D.Giedraitis
    Ulanovas, Brazdeikis, R.Giedraitis
    Sabonis, Kuzminskas
    Valanciunas, Gudaitis

+ if Brazdeikis not available, add Gytis Masiulis

That would be my shot today for OG if we get there.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 11-10-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So Maskoliunas a new head coach. I liked his interview. I liked how he boldly said I don't see JV and Domas playing together, that makes me optimistic we get the guy with balls. Tired with guys who have no clue about contemporary basketball and drags the same mediocre "local Lithuanian" knowledge of basketball which often is based on sentiments, some common hierarchies, and general opinions. I wanted Sireika for the same reasons, he had balls to cut Kaukenas when he thought he's to ISO player or to add new talent, but I see that Maskoliunas can have the same grit and much more. Regarding tactics I think we can expect much more from Darius.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another positive from all this. Seems like Saras was pretty close to NT. Seems like they considered that situation when Maskoliunas works in windows and Saras in official tournaments, but this time Saras still decided that it would be too much for him under these strange and crazy fast circumstances. That show we can very realistically expect to see Saras taking the job after Maskoliunas or at some point of the decade anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So Maskoliunas a new head coach. I liked his interview. I liked how he boldly said I don't see JV and Domas playing together
    It only sounds bold with "at the moment" bit snipped

Aš manau, kad mano visi geriausi metai buvo žaidžiant trečioje pozicijoje: Lietuvos rinktinė, „Žalgiris“, Malaga, Niujorkas...“ – pridūrė žaidėjas.

I said same things putting Kuz in PF coaches is killing him mentally both in club and nt.He can't stand defend those strong pf and that's effects his offence.

Maskoliunas says he don't see JV together with Domantas in the court.So who gonna play pf?

I mean at this stage of their careers even Jankunas with dmo more centers than pf.

If Sabonis is not playing Pf , Kuz literally hates to play there I don't see a single pf for today's standards that can shoot in our team at all.For me pf is weakest spot by far

If maskoliunas don't see two centers together so what he is going to do with 4 centers JV, Domantas,Gudaitis,Dmo?

Cut 2 of them? You can want to play one way,but still your play gonna be dictated with what you have.

Our NT don't have athletic,fast 2m03 big as zalgiris can buy.

Realistically it's Domas + Kuz/Masiulis/Ulanovas (Jankunas, Maciulis?). JV as a back up center. Any non bias coach who has ability to read basketball and to see what's happening currently would go for something like this. Also D-Mo + Domas would be interesting. 2 mobile centers, skilled, high IQ, good passers.

Your athletic, fast 203-205cm PF is Sedekerskis. Pray that he would still progress to be ready for 2021. Also there will be Kulboka as a stretch 4.

Is Sabonis (he inevitably play some 4, be it JV, Gudaitis, D-Mo at 5, but he will), Kuzminskas, Masiulis worse than Grigonis and...whoever...? No, it's not.

I also think Jokubaitis chances to be in the NT this summer already increases with Maskoliunas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast