No announcement yet.

2020 Lithuanian NT: in a chase of Olympic dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On other hand, Motiejunas should also consider his moves. Zalgiris has all the support exactly because of people's sentiments, NT also plays a big part of it. In one of interviews he said he pretty much doesn't see a point to play in LKL, but LKL needs Zalgiris. Then Zalgiris always has been a factory and main hearth of NT members, the connection was always very tight. Remember how Karnisovas, Kurtinaitis, even Sabonis were coming to these mid season quallies in late 90's and early 00's? Those were superstars. Now we can't get Lekavicius and Grigonis for a ball game which decides whenever we are IN for EUROBASKET. I really hate that Sabonis with all his respect is so indecisive. Would Motiejunas reject his asking if Sabonis would seriously ask for it? I doubt, but the thing is Sabonis won't even call him most likely. If we have Sabas as the head in federation and we can't move Motiejunas a little bit, forget about this in the future...

IDK, I remember when Balciunas federation was spending millions just to have a chance to play in WC, now superstar Grigonis (who is not a superstar) is too precious to have a risk to play in the NT, or even Lekavicius.

Partially I understand, but at the same time Zalgiris lives from fans who are devoted to Zalgiris/NT, it's the same sentiment. Motiejunas can't act like he has nothing to do with that.

To sum up, we lack balls, energy, cheekiness and passion in the front of federation and slowly witnessing the decline of our NT culture. These things are taken conformistically.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Nobody asks Motiejunas to give zalgiris players for every window games.But god dammed can he give players for one game in 3 years or not?

35 old Maciulis comming ,34 Kalnietis is comming, 31 Kuzminskas is comming ...what 27 old Grigonis and Lekavicius gonna die if they gonna play one extra game? that is very important for entire lithuanian basketball? Ofcourse not.

If Zalgiris is so called all lithuanian team so show that with your actions.In desperate times you help,but not hide from that and leave youngsters and veterans fighting alone.

If NT wont qualife for eurobaslet 2022 it would be on zalgiris organisation too that shown almost zero help to NT in all those windows.

I hope journalist will do their job if fiasco will happen and put that golden praised Motiejunas ass on media and remind them that Zalgiris have responsabilities not just in euroleague,but in overall ltu basketball.
      Last edited by Shawshank; 01-17-2021, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
        If Zalgiris is so called all lithuanian team so show that with your actions.In desperate times you help,but not hide from that and leave youngsters and veterans fighting alone.
        Zalgiris is all Lithuania's team when there's a matter of Zalgiris' arena tickets on a line. When it's NT or LKL matters, Motiejunas thinks Zalgiris has nothing to do with it

Like someone would invest to Zalgiris if not all that crazy attention to Zalgiris by Lith BB fans. Zalgiris is nothing but a substitute of NT during the regular season for majority of fans (well, strong Rytas with Siska, Macas, Saras, Kaukenas was also) not only Kaunas locals. If there wouldn't be huge and fanatic love for the NT, Zalgiris would be 2 times smaller club if not more. Also, I would actually ask what Grigonis and Lekavicius think about it directly. I repeat, somehow Sabonis was coming to qualification games with his one leg. Karnisovas was coming as well. Those are superstars of EL. Now, no one gives a fuck, just don't forget to come to Zalgiris arena to feed the clubs budget and to make players contracts even bigger that they would say thanks to you by skipping NT games.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• If you came up to the IMO ridiculous mind that Zalgiris is responsible for the possible NT fiasco then you should better blame people - all those who made the shit thrown to the coach who went through the qualies in the best possible way, but that wasn't appreciated at all so i even think that a possible fiasco would be a pretty much fair lesson.
          Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 01-18-2021, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Heh, SF, in previous page you sarcasticly asked Shaw what federation can do about it, but then didn't hold your self from attack it again? C'mon guys, who is Sabonis? A magician? Some Gendolf or Kashperovski to make people change their mind against their will? It reminds me of that stupid podcasts when Sabas was blamed for not being able to bring Maksvytis. But when those podcasters tried to answer "how", no freaking opinion was given except for dumb ones like go with a bottle of vodka... Like he has a power to do anything he wants. Let's not go that far to make things look absurd. Motiejunas is not some puppy anymore, it's not some late 00s, he has big weight in LT basketball community, even huge one I'd say. Sabas can talk, can ask, but he can't make that decision. If Motiejunas can let only couple of players to NT - that's it, deal with it. Nor Sabas, nor anyone else has power do to anything about it. Btw I don't know why Balciunas name appeared here, but to make things clear he did nothing in 2010, except for a fact that he didn't fire Butautas in 2008 before 2009 disaster when we even failed to make it to WC. In 2010 it was sponsorship which was brought by Guoga saved the day, probably only good thing he did in his entire bball sponsorship career, but he got dividends of it to launder money for years since then, even tho it was not his 10k, but the self promotion was sky high.

Then regarding players... Maciulis is coming, Kalnietis is coming, Sabas was coming, Karnisovas was coming... Yeah, that's true, but are you guys forgetting that all these players are/were free to come? Euroleague was stopped back then, during windows, anyone could come, except for NBA players. Now Maciulis can, Kalnietis too, cause they are not EL players anymore. Why are you not asking for Ulanovas? Gudaitis? Giedraitis? If Grigonis or Lekavicius could come, they would, was there any year when they didn't accept the invitation? Both came even to that meaningless Baltic Cup.

You can blame Motiejunas of course, he is the one who decides and has final word. But on other hand it was not him who created this situation, it's our dear FIBA. All he cares first of all is Zalgiris, it's his job, his responsibilities for fans, for sponsors. And yeah, lot of Z fans are first of all fans of Zalgiris, not NT, I mean LOT OF, for them NT is that filler during offseason. Imagine if Grigonis would get injured like Strelnieks did. It's major fuck up for club. It would have influence on results, then on incomes, it would have influence even on possible buy-out. For a club GM it's simple - the less such risks you have during the season the better. So I understand him to some degree. It's easy to say that I'd do it differently being in his shoes, I'd surely let Grigonis go, or the same Lekavicius for sure, but reality is that we are not leading the biggest club in the country and don't have any of that responsibilities to deal with. Anyway, from sports point of view, even Jokubaitis and the rest should be more than enough to beat freaking Denmark

Anyway, it would be really interesting to hear more opinions about it from persons directly involved and afterall is this a final decision or there might be changes. Just to make things clear

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
              If you came up to the IMO ridiculous mind that Zalgiris is responsible for the possible NT fiasco then you should better blame people - all those who made the shit thrown to the coach who went through the qualies in the best possible way, but that wasn't appreciated at all so i even think that a possible fiasco would be a pretty much fair lesson.
              Adomaitis said same thing in one of the windows interview when P.Motiejunas again said to him "no"...but nobody was hearing that because NT was doing well either way.

But now when NT is in trouble and zalgiris still acting like lithuanian basketball problems is not there problems thats just not right and media have to begin talking and put pressure on Motiejunas .

Enough to write article why Zalgiris is not giving help of hand to NT and Motiejunas soon would start talking diffrently.

No club want to be seen in fans eyes as the one that do not allow players compete for their nation .

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                If you came up to the IMO ridiculous mind that Zalgiris is responsible for the possible NT fiasco then you should better blame people - all those who made the shit thrown to the coach who went through the qualies in the best possible way, but that wasn't appreciated at all so i even think that a possible fiasco would be a pretty much fair lesson.
                That's a good point too

Comment

• about federation job and Sabonis.

I picture it like that: Sabonis is just face of basketball federation to public people.But desicions and all actions is made by other people,Sabas just signs on it and gives unviligly 2 interviews a year in those federation meetings.He does his job well as face of ltu basketball for public. But is tired of that positions and all that blame he is getting...Sabas just wants out and counting days until olympic games will end.

Could Sabonis make pressure on Motiejunas? i think so.Why? because 75% of zalgiris belongs to Motiejunas,25% to Sabonis. That alone would let him get zalgiris players for one game if he would be interested in this situation and insisted.

But when federation president isnt interested and dont wanna do anything anymore ,just resign from his post why he should bother even talking about that with his zalgiris co-owner Motiejunas ?

Comment

• Mindozas, at first I didn't check Zalgiris schedule. The game against Barsa in Feb 18 and then Madrid 25. Theoretically Grigonis and Lekavicius could play both 20 and 22 windows games, but 22 looks pretty spot on and managable and that's the key game for us. What do you mean there was no EL? Sabonis and Karnisovas also were risking their freakin' seasons back then Big time, specially Sabonis, knowing his injury record and stuff, but he was coming. I mean the risk is still there even if conditions were better for them to join.

IDK, I don't think that at this point, when we surely know we have a key game, I or Shaw ask to much when we ask Sabonis to step up and push Zalgiris a little bit. That's not Rockets science. Maybe, he will, but my guess is that he won't. I mentioned Balciunas because somehow it felt that back then NT event meant more, people really cared not to miss a NT season. Now, it's pretty quite...Federation is like "yeah, that will be a key game for us, hopefully Miniotas, Gailius and Blazevic coming"...I lack a sense of urgency here really...

We ask Zalgiris in the first place because Zalgiris is Lithuanian club, our blood and sweat feeds the club, you like it or not. I buy those freakin' curd snacks with Zalgiris name on usually FFS Also, the event will be in Lithuania, Vilnius, so it's logical to ask fellows to drive damn 100km, that will take less than hour if you're a good driver

It's tricky, but I would hope that we, as basketball country, would have more urgency before the key game and I don't feel it. We skip Eurobasket...big deal? That's where we getting to?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Dude! Seriously? Sabas still has 25% of Zalgiris shares?...Yeah, Sabas can't do a single thing here...not a bit...His voice will echo only the woods...

Can someone explain me how Motiejunas has 75 of Zalgiris shares? Was he doing some business prior his GM occupation? At some crisis he became the owner when Zalgiris' shares was really cheap? I mean now it has value of millions right?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                        about federation job and Sabonis.

I picture it like that: Sabonis is just face of basketball federation to public people.But desicions and all actions is made by other people,Sabas just signs on it and gives unviligly 2 interviews a year in those federation meetings.He does his job well as face of ltu basketball for public. But is tired of that positions and all that blame he is getting...Sabas just wants out and counting days until olympic games will end.

Could Sabonis make pressure on Motiejunas? i think so.Why? because 75% of zalgiris belongs to Motiejunas,25% to Sabonis. That alone would let him get zalgiris players for one game if he would be interested in this situation and insisted.

But when federation president isnt interested and dont wanna do anything anymore ,just resign from his post why he should bother even talking about that with his zalgiris co-owner Motiejunas ?
                        Woaw, man, saying Sabas doesn't care or isn't interested about LT basketball is like spitting into his face... seriously. You sound here like a person who knows Sabas only from LIDL commercials, not what he was dojng his entire career I mean you can try to find any extra argument to base your ideas, but jeez, just not go thus far. Sabas was tired, yes, but doesn't care... it's two completely different things.

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        Mindozas, at first I didn't check Zalgiris schedule. The game against Barsa in Feb 18 and then Madrid 25. Theoretically Grigonis and Lekavicius could play both 20 and 22 windows games, but 22 looks pretty spot on and managable and that's the key game for us. What do you mean there was no EL? Sabonis and Karnisovas also were risking their freakin' seasons back then Big time, specially Sabonis, knowing his injury record and stuff, but he was coming. I mean the risk is still there even if conditions were better for them to join.
                        I mean that there were no EL games when windows were held. Season was on break, not like nowadays the games are played even on the same date at times... There were no obstacles for anyone from Euroleague to come and play. Now none EL player can do this without permission from his club. Times changes, thank you FIBA

, I don't think that at this point, when we surely know we have a key game, I or Shaw ask to much when we ask Sabonis to step up and push Zalgiris a little bit. That's not Rockets science. Maybe, he will, but my guess is that he won't. I mentioned Balciunas because somehow it felt that back then NT event meant more, people really cared not to miss a NT season. Now, it's pretty quite...Federation is like "yeah, that will be a key game for us, hopefully Miniotas, Gailius and Blazevic coming"...I lack a sense of urgency here really...

We ask Zalgiris in the first place because Zalgiris is Lithuanian club, our blood and sweat feeds the club, you like it or not. I buy those freakin' curd snacks with Zalgiris name on usually FFS Also, the event will be in Lithuania, Vilnius, so it's logical to ask fellows to drive damn 100km, that will take less than hour if you're a good driver

It's tricky, but I would hope that we, as basketball country, would have more urgency before the key game and I don't feel it. We skip Eurobasket...big deal? That's where we getting to?
                        First of all nor you, nor Shaw, nor I know did Sabas stepped up or not. If Jokubaitis is there in list, I think there probably was some talk. But, again it's all up to Motiejunas, you are asking Sabas and federation for impossible, they can't change a mind of club. Even tho I fully understand and partially support your wishes. I just only see reasons why Motiejunas doesn't want to let some players go, especially Grigonis.
                        Regarding Balciunas... yeah we were younger, grass was greener, air was fresher, it seems like you are going a bit too deep into romantics, nostalgic there There were no windows back then and federation didn't do any miracles. NT meant more, that's true, but what it has to do with federation? Federation back then was more into spotlight cause of Garastas random speeches While NT was much more popular only cause it was much stronger, medal contender in top tournaments.

Dude! Seriously? Sabas still has 25% of Zalgiris shares?...Yeah, Sabas can't do a single thing here...not a bit...His voice will echo only the woods...

Can someone explain me how Motiejunas has 75 of Zalgiris shares? Was he doing some business prior his GM occupation? At some crisis he became the owner when Zalgiris' shares was really cheap? I mean now it has value of millions right?
                        When the last time you heard about Sabas doing smth related with Zalgiris? That's probably the answer why 25% was surprise for you and lot of people, actually I also thought that Sabas has only some 5%. Sabas simply doesn't get into Zalgiris business at all. It's all on Motiejunas shoulders. You can basically say that all 100% is on him, that 25% from Sabas is like some sort of guarantee for investors, big name and so on. To tell the story short: Motiejunas accepted all these shares and at the same time millions of debts when "saviour" Romanov ran away

Comment

• Mindozas i didnt said Sabas didnt care,im just saying he is like honorable president not real one that makes desicions behind scenes. He face for public people and world of basketball that will shake hands for sponsors and so on.But when person gets blame in media for things that wasnt even your idea it starts to bother any person.

If we want to get any info about federation job we have to listen to spokas interviews not sabonis.That says alot.

Being great basketball player doesnt mean you gonna be good in other areas,usally it other way around.But his name and face was good for ltu basketball for sure as president,but i doubt his desicions or lack of it.

What i saw from Sabonis in presidential years i wasnt too happy.Maybe i dont see all picture what goes behind scenes,but i dont believe tales that Motiejunas have enough power to say no to Sabonis in must win game for entire lithuanian basketball.

No euroleague regular season one game from 36 is more important than game which will decide will entire lithuanian basketball will be in eurobasket.And we dont even ask player dont play euroleague game,just do 2 day less preparation.

Grigonis and Lekavicius can get seriuos injuries playing meaningless game versus Dzukija or kedainiai any weekend.Dont wanna hear those crappy excuses. When the last time any zalgiris player got seriuos injury in NT? it was so long ago i cant even recall and i remember historical things usually well.

Its federation and Sabonis job do what ever it takes that NT would be in eurobasket.If it means put pressure on Motiejunas to sacrifice one regular euroleague zalgiris game they must do it!

Minimaze risk of NT getting biggest fiasco since 1993 to maximum.I dont care who is opponent,it should be seriuos urgency all powers possible brought to such game even if it means Grigonis in blowout will play only 10min,but he should be there incase bad scenerios again will start happening like in November.
                          Last edited by Shawshank; 01-20-2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Urbonas did research and said 75% belongs to Motiejunas, 25% Sabonis.

In 2009 zalgiris was in debt like 10mil euros,so nobody wanted take those shares even for free.

Motiejunas did fantastic job in last 10 years and owns most of Zalgiris now.

Also in Urbonusas said after few month zalgiris most likely will sell 25% to some big ltu company.

So around summer Zalgiris management power would look like:

50% Motiejunas, Sabonis 25%,company 25%

If Sabonis really interested anymore at this point after all those years as president he can easily show that now ,talk with your zalgiris co owner.

But if federation will let Motiejunas bail out with just 19 kid Blazevic again as ale Zalgiris help for NT is such way actions will talk louder that any words could.

1month before game Motiejunas said maybe Zalgiris will give 19 Blazevic and 20 Jokubaitis.But when February game comes NT will end up only with 19 kid Blazevic no ?
                            Last edited by Shawshank; 01-20-2021, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• I agree with Shaw. You may hate Garastas for his oldschool rants or whatever, you may don't like Balciunas, but with those guys I was hearing about NT, I felt federation's presence, I felt that those guys are doing something, that urgencies was well articulated and pointed out big time and so on. I felt that NT matters. With Sabas/Spokas it went down to underground, the NT became invisible, incommunicative, silent project and so on. I feel it, and I hate it. If NT will go down with Maskoliunas against Denmark again it will be BY FAR, I mean BY FAAARRR....the biggest fiasko ever, IMO. It's one thing to lost to Spain in 1999 or Italy in 2004, it was very painful fiaskos, but to lose 2 times to f...Denmark...This federation would be the biggest losers ever, because they exactly put NT into such situation with Maskoliunas and now has not done everything that Maskoliunas would have some serious pieces (I write HAS because, IMO, Sabas can still wake up and understand that freakin' Eurobasket is on a line). I hate how these current podcasters sleeping as well. NT culture is on the obvious decline and I guess now only big wins and new pro active federation can do something about it.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Shaw, you literally said that Sabas isn't interested, that is the same like he doesn't care. And that's not true at all, the same like Sabas doesn't do anything, just shaking hands. Aren't you confusing him with Garastas here in his latest spell, when he exactly did only that? Sabas did more than enough and no important decision was done without him. He might be not the smartest person out there in fed, but he is involved in making decision regarding tournaments, regarding NT, he is involved in looking for sponsorship, that I know for sure, I only don't know about other stuff like kids, women game, coaches clinics and etc. He is not just warming a seat. You really think that Spokas alone arranged Olympic qualifying tournament? C'mon. Yes, I totally agree that Sabas sucks at public speeches and is shitty communicator with media, always looks a bit pissed and etc. we knew it long before he became president, he hated to talk to press and journalists even as a player and we know why, actually not much players has good relations with media at all. so it was naive to think that he will change. Yes, that not the best quality to public person. But that is the last thing I personally care, I don't need that fake smiles, fake promises and countless press-conferences to show that you are working (or pretend to). I had enough of it lately with our dear ex Health minister Veryga. That has nothing in common, but just an example that empty speeches isn't the most important thing. I need job to be done. Federation maybe weren't perfect, made mistakes, made some questionable projects, but I don't see many flaws in its work either, maybe their flaw was that they weren't publishing it all. Btw, new candidate for presidency Butautas noted exactly that in his latest interview.
                                Lastly, we absolutely don't know yet who talked with Motiejunas, or there were any talks at all. But just accept the fact for once that federation can influence it, can ask, can beg, but nor Sabas, nor Spokas, nor anyone else can make a final decision - it's club who makes it. I'll bold it for you, like you like it You can come with loud patriotic statements and it still won't change a thing. In theory, I totally believe that Motiejunas could not release Grigonis or Lekavicius to NT, I explained it in my previous posts why. Again, it's just guesses. But if you're still keen to blame someone no matter what and reject to face the real situation, then let it be

Regarding Zalgiris shares. It's not known yet, at least for public, how shares will spread after new sponsor will join. Might be that Sabas will sell his

If NT will go down with Maskoliunas against Denmark again it will be BY FAR, I mean BY FAAARRR....the biggest fiasko ever, IMO. It's one thing to lost to Spain in 1999 or Italy in 2004, it was very painful fiaskos, but to lose 2 times to f...Denmark...
                                None can beat 1993 fiasco against f... Belarus, it cost us 1993 Eurobasket, it cost us 1994 World Cup and in both we would have been major candidates for top positions, in Eurobakset surely the top contender for gold as Yugoslavia was disqualified, Croatia lost Petro. Afterall it cost us two summers to watch Sabas, Marcela and co

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information