2020 Lithuanian NT: in a chase of Olympic dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Lithuanian NT: in a chase of Olympic dream

So it's more or less clear that Kazys Maksvytis should be our new head coach heading into the most important summer of this Olympic cycle. Rumours has it that he accepted this damn tough challenge and will try to lead us to Tokyo. Not that I think this assignment will lift our chances dramatically or smth, but IMO this the best option we could've get bearing the fact that Saras simply is not interested as of yet

Good. Anyone is an upgrade over screaming and swearing drama queen Adomaitis

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
      What about screaming and swearing drama queen Jasikevicius?
      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

for me obviuos upgrade to Adomaitis.Basketball fans just didnt like Dainius from the first day and he couldnt prove they wrong with his achieved results and because of that got alot bullshit his way.It was just bad marriage from the start.

Maskvytis is way more popular in fans eyes and i believe he can win playoofs games.I never believed Adomaitis can do that starting from universiadas days, i didnt seen him that "extra" thing you need to win playoofs games, just good tactical preparation NOT ENOUGH.

Kazys already said Motiejunas will be invited to the camp.Im not fan of this idea,there is still bad blood between dmo and some veterans from eurobasket2017.
        Last edited by Shawshank; 09-24-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
          What about screaming and swearing drama queen Jasikevicius?
          I personally consider him overrated as hell as well, but that's a topic for another discussion...
          At least his antics and emotional breakdowns are consistent with his fiery personality, while Adomaitis antics all come out as forced and fake in a sense. Not to mention that a guy just couldn't beat any quality team in a pivotal game...at all

Comment

How about Maksvytis's Neptunas loosing all the important games to Rytas by a big margin last season? I can't understund why people consider him as smth surely better than Adomaitis as smth obvious. They both did more or less the same good job in Neptunas/Lietkabelis/Juventus and more experience is on Adomaitis side. He got way too much hate and he doesn't deserve most of it. Your post is an example of that. Adomaitis is not even "screaming" - that's a stupid hate. You can't say that anyone else would be an upgrade - it's not true and it's the same hate. I will remember Adomaitis's NT as a good team, lost endings and lots of bad hate.
            Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 09-24-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I personally consider him overrated as hell as well, but that's a topic for another discussion...
              At least his antics and emotional breakdowns are consistent with his fiery personality, while Adomaitis antics all come out as forced and fake in a sense. Not to mention that a guy just couldn't beat any quality team in a pivotal game...at all
              You mean Saras behave same way on vacations, etc? On the other hand somebody wrote in knet comments that Adomaitis threw private tantrum fit when Neptunas decided not to sign new contract. Of cause it could be hater's invention

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                How about Maksvytis's Neptunas loosing all the important games to Rytas by a big margin last season? I can't understund why people consider him as smth surely better than Adomaitis as smth obvious. They both did more or less the same good job in Neptunas/Lietkabelis/Juventus and more experience is on Adomaitis side. He got way too much hate and he doesn't deserve most of it. Your post is an example of that. Adomaitis is not even "screaming" - that's a stupid hate. You can't say that anyone else would be an upgrade - it's not true and it's the same hate. I will remember Adomaitis's NT as a good team, lost endings and lots of bad hate.

He won the game that allowed Neptunas finish 2nd in regular season. And I believe Rytas players recieved late wages before semifinal. But then Neptunas' form went down after 1st QF game.

Anyway, Maskvytis teams always have crises around January and national teams are different type of coaching altogehter

Comment

Yay, we needed a new thread now that the 2019 World Cup is over and done with. I was actually planning to start a thread tomorrow entitled "The Road to Tokyo 2020"!

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-24-2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Adomaitis sucked coaching universiadas teams...rytas always had better players over neptunas always.

Maskvytis just shined with youngster generation.Won last u-20 tournament didn't even having Valanciunas.

Adomaitis had one good end of season with neptunas and one good season with juventus.In neptunas cases he wasnt loved by fans,he managed even kicked out of team fan favourite galdikas.

There is no coach in lkl that beat zalgiris more times than maskvytis and he did that not even rytas level players, but with Neptunas/lietkabelis player's.

I have reasons to think Maskvytis is simply better all Klaipeda fans saw that from very close
                    Last edited by Shawshank; 09-24-2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                      Kazys already said Motiejunas will be invited to the camp.Im not fan of this idea,there is still bad blood between dmo and some veterans from eurobasket2017.
                      Me too. Unless we have some serious issues at 5 which is super hard to expect, I don't want D-Mo in the NT. FOA, it's a huge myth he's a power forward. After his injury position 5 is the only place where he can live with both at O and D. Pre-injury D-Mo was agile, athletic and had a pretty consistent stroke, now he lost all that to some degree literally. And also his reputation...It's not a good idea to add another big tree to our already oversized NT (Sabonis, JV, Gudaitis). I would lean towards giving a chance for one of Masiulis, Kulboka, Sedekerskis.
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

for me obviuos upgrade to Adomaitis.Basketball fans just didnt like Dainius from the first day and he couldnt prove they wrong with his achieved results and because of that got alot bullshit his way.It was just bad marriage from the start.
                        Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                        Yeah, I agree. I think Dainius Adomaitis got a bum rap from the start but it is what it is. It seemed to be a marriage made in hell and it was not to be.

I have my own doubts about whether Kazys Maksvytis is an actual upgrade, but I'm willing to give him a fair chance. And I really hope that no sub-sector of Lithuanian fans works to undermine his position from day one. That would just be a recipe for failure.

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-24-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post

Me too. Unless we have some serious issues at 5 which is super hard to expect, I don't want D-Mo in the NT. FOA, it's a huge myth he's a power forward. After his injury position 5 is the only place where he can live with both at O and D. Pre-injury D-Mo was agile, athletic and had a pretty consistent stroke, now he lost all that to some degree literally. And also his reputation...It's not a good idea to add another big tree to our already oversized NT (Sabonis, JV, Gudaitis). I would lean towards giving a chance for one of Masiulis, Kulboka, Sedekerskis.
                          I agree. Team Lietuva 2020 is already overstocked at the high post with three natural centers - Jonas Valančiūnas, Domantas Sabonis and Artūras Gudaitis. Why add another one who brings locker room discord with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                            I agree. Team Lietuva 2020 is already overstocked at the high post with three natural centers - Jonas Valančiūnas, Domantas Sabonis and Artūras Gudaitis. Why add another one who brings locker room discord with him?

D-Mo is a natural center?
                            I didn't expect such blunder from you Hepcat...

Comment

It's a case of use it or lose it. Donatas Motiejūnas didn't often need the PF part of his game bullying smaller, softer, inferior opposition in the Chinese league. Mostly he had to just post up and overwhelm the opposing center when he got the ball.

But if I'm wrong, good! Team Lietuva needs a good PF at present so that will be a big plus for the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information