No announcement yet.

2020 Lithuanian NT: in a chase of Olympic dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulanovas officially out. Tomorrow we'll know if Maciulis was invited.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• As i said something smelled fishy when after Brazdeikis out and Ulanovas said himself very little chance he will help NT one week ago and PF player Miniotas is invited replace SF position players.

Signs indicates NT will have only 14 players in camp and no Maciulis.

Maciulis asked few days ago about NT he answered: i dont aspect to get invited and are preparing holiday with family.

Last 2 years in atleast 4 diffrent interviews Jonas repeated i want to play in my last Olympics and said himself he was injury free this season played in all 6 qualification games,played for Lietuva since 2007 every summer and not seeing his name in 15 candidate list.

I believe that would hurt feelings of any human to give so much for that green jersey over the years and get disrespected in such way in Olympic summer.

We will see what coach Maskoliunas will say because that question about Maciulis will be asked by media .But what coach said about it before: if help will be needed Jonas willl be ready to join that was simply lie.

Maskoliunas finished season yesterday and spending today celebrating and not bringing his shaky coaches ass to first flight to make in time first day in NT camp.
      Last edited by Shawshank; 06-16-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• To me it's not an issue that Mačiulis is out. It's a coach decision and he has his own vision. He simply doesn't see Mačiulis in the NT and that's OK.

What is not particularly OK, is that T. Masiulis and Barsa's physical coach is there in the camp already while the head coach is...god knows where...That's a mess. Is he drinking? Washing away huge stress comfortably sitting on Barsa's bench? That shows that Maskoliunas has to go no matter the results this summer. There's all mess around him. This way he only raise additional intensity between him and fans/media and he already has some issues with reputation to say the least After Adomaitis, the situation with coaching has been disaster. Few days left, our coach is mediocre assistant coach, and even he is absent...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Maskoliunas knows what stress and pressure awaits him in next few weeks so he trying to get drunk somewhere barcelona celebrating title to forget that and relax one last time this month

Comment

• A drunk assistant coach trying to lead one of the best basketball nations to the Olympic tournament ...is it just me, or this sounds like some really bad joke to anyone?

Comment

• Look how ripped Sedekerskis is. That's legit physical preparation. Regarding new models of NT jerseys...I'm OK with white ones, but green ones look a but tasteless too me.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Wow! I absolutely love those jerseys! They're the best yet. Team Lietuva is supposed to be the psychedelic team.

If only now they can find a way to qualify.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                  Look how ripped Sedekerskis is. That's legit physical preparation. Regarding new models of NT jerseys...I'm OK with white ones, but green ones look a but tasteless too me.

You know what I like in this photo that the only 2 players u-24 in 14 men camp that will make Olympic team.

All others will be 25+ mature experienced men.

Tradition stays same:

We have one upcomming generational tallent In our Olympic team.

2012 Valanciunas at 20
                  2016 Sabonis at 20
                  2021 Jokubaitis at 20

But dinosaur expert will offer 4 diffrent kids u22 every summer that ale can really help our men team in those real pressure type tournaments right ?

Comment

• Damn, Kalnietis may be out...It would be really big loss. Kariniauskas is considered as B plan.

Shawshank, it's not about a number, it's about who realistically ready. It's good that nearly 21yo Jokubaitis and 23yo Sedekerskis are ready. Likely 22yo Brazdeikis would be ready as well (maybe not). It shows our talent is growing compared to poor 10's...In 00's we always had at least 2 legit youngsters as Siska, Songaila in 2000, Macijauskas, Javtokas in 2004, Kleiza, Maciulis in 2008. I like how Sedekerskis and Jokubaitis comes into comparison with those.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                      A drunk assistant coach trying to lead one of the best basketball nations to the Olympic tournament ...is it just me, or this sounds like some really bad joke to anyone?
                      That's precisely how it sounds to me. And now Vaidas Kariniauskas, broken hand and all, might have to be called to camp because Mantas Kalnietis is still limping.

Usually I look forward to these summer tournaments with anxious anticipation but apprehension is what I feel right now looking ahead to the Kaunas Qualifying Tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                        A drunk assistant coach

Will be become pedophile before or after second friendly game? Place your bets
                        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Regarding new models of NT jerseys...

Now that I've seen other pictures, it looks to me as if the green of the jerseys isn't the same shade as the green of the shorts again! That was a problem in 2016 as well! Why aren't both pieces being dyed at the same time in the same vat? I mean wth? It's not nuclear physics or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post

Now that I've seen other pictures, it looks to me as if the green of the jerseys isn't the same shade as the green of the shorts again! That was a problem in 2016 as well! Why aren't both pieces being dyed at the same time in the same vat? I mean wth? It's not nuclear physics or anything.

Maybe it's sweat?

Comment

• Well, first exhibition game, a lot of positives at offensive end and little at D. To me Dimsa and Butkevicius looked off tonight, Dimsa horrible at both ends, suspect defence, crappy decisions, ill mannered passing. IMO, he's a gonner. Butkevicius lack of offense is so visible at the context of NT, but he at least plays D, so he should make it. It worries me that Bendzius misses such chances to shine. Coming off great season in Italy, basketball shape should be still there more or less and he's missing open jimmies, where he supposed to be best. Miniotas looked decently, utilized his minutes well.

Funny stretch when Maskoliunas asked JV to switch all. We got 6 points in 2 defensive possessions and JV nearly screwed his ankles at the perimeter Defensive end really worries me. Generally this NT lacks true defensive big and lock down perimeter guard defender. At offense however we are good and still have reserves. Jokubaitis and JV connection worked perfectly. What I likeed about this NT the most is 3 things. Jokubaitis gonna be elite facilitator, Sedekerskis is an elite defender and Sabonis is elite point center. These 3 things should be elite assets that should transit to any level soon and to sustain long term. Sabonis is a game changer with his elite passing, it's a beauty to watch. The reserve is Rokas Giedraitis. Hopefully Maskoliunas will find ways to use him, he needs a little bit of push, we need him to taste the blood and to provide. I like that NT pushes to transition offensively, that's correct decision by Maskoliunas, this team can run. Hopefully Grigonis will manage to stay healthy for the first season of his NT career.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• What us pretty obvious that we won't have a single serious game before qualification. Not fully packed Turkey just trashed Russia and they should be our best opponent. Off course, the good thing that our first 2 opponents will be Venezuela and Korea, but, again, we will jump onto Poland and Slovenia without tasting the level of those 2 teams prior that.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information