Lithuanian Basketball League (LKL) 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    How about Lekavicius' 6 assists in 14 minutes? It's only Siauliai, but a little guy will be good for Zalgiris this season. And you can feel from Jasikevicius how he's happy to have him back.
    You don't need to feel it, it was known for months, but these 6 assists vs Siauliai means absolutely nothing talking about season perspective, just to make you feel good about your favorite

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      You don't need to feel it, it was known for months, but these 6 assists vs Siauliai means absolutely nothing talking about season perspective, just to make you feel good about your favorite
      It does. The guy simply playing good basketball, just as he did in NT. My point was that I expect a bit more than he provided in last season with Zalgiris and that was pretty good season for him.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So what is it that Marius Grigonis hurt today? Hopefully his ankle as opposed to his knee.

Comment

Neptunas in mid-season form
          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Anyone planing to go to Zalgiris - Cbet on sunday?

Wouldn't mind sharing a beer and talking about basketball with someone from here.

Comment

Blazevic in a Rytas-Zalgiris game played more than Kairys and Echodas combined. Adomaitis was pissed by Echodas's defense a lot before (could be today again as well), so gave the most of his minutes to 18 y.o. center who scored 8 pts very fast, but then struggled. He's slow and can't jump and i want to see a better finishing under the rym as he missed one or two shots when you have to score, but having in mind his age, his big body, his defense and that he already can deliver in LKL (he has scored about 20 pts recently against Dzukija) - it's promising.

Echodas is a disappointment. He looks lost and he can't defend any strong center. Landale pushed him like a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                Blazevic in a Rytas-Zalgiris game played more than Kairys and Echodas combined. Adomaitis was pissed by Echodas's defense a lot before (could be today again as well), so gave the most of his minutes to 18 y.o. center who scored 8 pts very fast, but then struggled. He's slow and can't jump and i want to see a better finishing under the rym as he missed one or two shots when you have to score, but having in mind his age, his big body, his defense and that he already can deliver in LKL (he has scored about 20 pts recently against Dzukija) - it's promising.

Echodas is a disappointment. He looks lost and he can't defend any strong center. Landale pushed him like a baby.
                Echodas has a good somewhat wide frame and he should be able to put on muscle mass.
                However seems that he took the summer off and did nothing to improve.

I gues Zalgiris was right and he has low ceiling and they won again choosing Masiulis instead of him.

Comment

Echodas problem is not only his soft body. He's a pretty low IQ defensive big, he doesn't have natural defensive instincts. He is agile enough though to have a career at 5 and with time he will be pretty good player, but nothing worth discussing regarding NT level.

Masiulis looks good, but I expect even more than he's delivering at the moment. Probably that injury before the season slowed him down a little bit, I expect same brake out performances ahead. And eventually sneaking into 2020 NT roster.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Jeez, Sabeckis is such a trash...got completely out of shape with foreigner's career.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                      Jeez, Sabeckis is such a trash...got completely out of shape with foreigner's career.
                      Watched the game. Wondering why Velicka played only 18 mins or so. He was not that bad. Latetly when Sabeckis arrived he's like 2nd PG there.
                      Maybe the coach just don't like his attitude?

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                        Watched the game. Wondering why Velicka played only 18 mins or so. He was not that bad. Latetly when Sabeckis arrived he's like 2nd PG there.
                        Actually Kriisa is taking away his minutes, in last 3 games they played between 38 and 41 minutes per game combined, leaving only few for Sabeckis at PG

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                          He had busy summer and impressive start of the season, coming to it in great shape, having major role and lot of playing time. He was drawing like 8-9 fouls per game on average, at times over 10 per game, which was insane, in latest games it dropped to 3-4. Hard to say if it's his normal numbers now and he overperformed, or just physical things playing without rest. We'll get to know in few months I suppose. I kinda lean towards first option, he overperformed while other teams were just trying to gel, it simply looked too good to be true

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                            He had busy summer and impressive start of the season, coming to it in great shape, having major role and lot of playing time. He was drawing like 8-9 fouls per game on average, at times over 10 per game, which was insane, in latest games it dropped to 3-4. Hard to say if it's his normal numbers now and he overperformed, or just physical things playing without rest. We'll get to know in few months I suppose. I kinda lean towards first option, he overperformed while other teams were just trying to gel, it simply looked too good to be true
                            Personally, I think the latter. In my opinion Prienai simply relied to heavily on Velicka, he wasn't playing as PG, he was literally carrying them. If Velicka is out, Prienai out of the game as well pretty much. Thus I think he simply got tired and Prienai badly needed some addition at 1. So they got Kriisa (I like the punk) and completely out of shape Sabeckis. Personally, I didn't see anything what Velicka couldn't do on a regular basis regarding his impressive performance at the start of the season, other than being intimidating physically I guess (he gassed a little bit eventually). Most importantly, he sucked at shooting from day 1, so that wasn't some crazy shooting stretch, he never shoots the ball well IMO, most serious flaw of his game. He should reach Euroleague's level, IMO, eventually.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Apropos of nothing: almost 3 decades of LKL(s) "final fours"
                              https://i.ibb.co/0j6TKqK/Untitled.png

Comment

I don't know, Sabeckis sucks. Horrible shooting, doesn't really deliver just came to fill the spot of younger and more talented players. IMO, Prienai had to simply go with Velicka and Kriisa. Glad that Velicka bounced back with 13pts, 8 assists game. Hopefully he'll get back on track after a slump. Let's agree that his 11pts, 4,5a season is still damn impressive for a fresh 20yo. Prienai stands in the middle of the league. Hope he'll work these numbers even higher a little bit and.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information