Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lebron dethroned by Giannis after 13 years in Sports illustrated rankings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron dethroned by Giannis after 13 years in Sports illustrated rankings.

I guess the question now is who and when dethrones Giannis next... My guess is that Giannis will last on his (well deserved) throne for no more than a decade, unless there is a phenomenon picked up in the following drafts, my first pick on the successor would go to Sekou Doumbouya the Pistons drafted at no.15 this season...

Comment

The TOP-100:

Who will be the NBA’s best players in the 2019-20 season? Sports Illustrated unveils its sixth annual Top 100 list. And for the first time in the list's history, there's a new No. 1.  

Comment

I don’t really think these rankings mean much of anything but they are sketchy at best. It not the top 10 or 15 that are so out of place but it gets pretty bad after that.

I’m still taking Kawhi and a healthy Durant before Giannis.
        Last edited by mojo13; 09-17-2019, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Realy amazing

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
            I don’t really think these rankings mean much of anything but they are sketchy at best. It not the top 10 or 15 that are so out of place but it gets pretty bad after that.

I’m still taking Kawhi and a healthy Durant before Giannis.
            I guess it would be very difficult to have many people that would agree with another in any ranking that is published...

Comment

Well Ramona Shelburne... You should have known better before making such a ridiculous statement out of your mind in national TV...

Rachel Nichols, Ramona Shelburne and Nick Friedell discuss the prospects of Giannis Antetokounmpo signing a long-term contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, as o...

This is what happened with one of your fellow reporters that did the same:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

You are now on Giannis' black list Ramona!

Comment

A great video on Giannis' amazing story told by himself and the people that helped him start his career: MUST WATCH!

The story how NBA sensation Giannis Antetokounmpo's one of a kind talent was discovered. Watch highlights from Inside the NBA with Shaq, Charles Barkley, Ken...

Comment

LOL... Bucks were fined 50K by the NBA for stating the obvious... https://larrybrownsports.com/basketb...ontract/515634

But Giannis wasn't fined for hinting that he will accept the offer!

Comment

Apparently, it seems that the entire press is laughing (and then it does so on national TV) against the NBA fining the Bucks GM for ...tempering!

GM Horst committed "the crime" of confirming that the Bucks plan to offer Antetokounmpo the $250 million supermax contract next summer, when Giannis is still under contract and when no other team can offer Giannis anything!

Comment

ESPN announced today the top-10 ranking for the league's No.3 to 10 top players, thus leaving only the decision between Giannis Antetokounmpo and Kawhi Leonard to be taken for who takes the "throne" and successes Lebron...

The ranking: 1.............. 2............. 3.Lebron James, 4.James Harden, 5.Antony Davis, 6.Steph Curry, 7.Nikola Jokic, 8.Joel Embiid, 9.Damian Lillard, 10.Paul George

Comment

Originally posted by Buckalis View Post
                        ESPN announced today the top-10 ranking for the league's No.3 to 10 top players, thus leaving only the decision between Giannis Antetokounmpo and Kawhi Leonard to be taken for who takes the "throne" and successes Lebron...

The ranking: 1.............. 2............. 3.Lebron James, 4.James Harden, 5.Antony Davis, 6.Steph Curry, 7.Nikola Jokic, 8.Joel Embiid, 9.Damian Lillard, 10.Paul George
                        I run through ESPN Top 100 and there's only 2 players who can may be called traditional old school centers in Adams and Nurkic, and even the latter is a great passer for a center and Adams can move a little bit. Traditional bigs are extinct for good, specially those who can't move their feet defensively, IMO. You just badly need to be able to step out and rotate. Marc Gasol and Jokic, two fatties, can live with top 100 not only because of extreme offensive talent and versatility, but because they have elite IQ at D. Big lumberjacks who brings only low post scoring and defence are extinct from top 100 for good.
                        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                        Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

ESPN announced the remaining two top seeds...

1. Giannis Antetokoumpo

2. Kawhi Leonard.

The up to now awards for Giannis this season have been exceptional...

- He was voted the "NBA's most wanted player" by the leagues GMs.
                          - He was selected to be "captain" in the all star game.
                          - He won the MVP title.
                          - He finished only 2nd to Gobert for the leages "defensive player of the year" award.
                          - He was praised as the "Best athlete" and also the "Best NBA player" during the ESPY awards.
                          - He was ranked as the "Best NBA player" in the awards of Sports Illustrated.
                          - He was ranked as the "Best NBA player" in the ESPN awards.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            I run through ESPN Top 100 and there's only 2 players who can may be called traditional old school centers in Adams and Nurkic, and even the latter is a great passer for a center and Adams can move a little bit. Traditional bigs are extinct for good, specially those who can't move their feet defensively, IMO. You just badly need to be able to step out and rotate. Marc Gasol and Jokic, two fatties, can live with top 100 not only because of extreme offensive talent and versatility, but because they have elite IQ at D. Big lumberjacks who brings only low post scoring and defence are extinct from top 100 for good.
                            There is Gobert in the top-100 too... I believe you would agree than his among those that can move their legs...

Comment

Giannis was asked about his contract extension during the press conference last night... As expected, his reply was both polite but firm too in his willingness not to have the media bringing the subject up, or creating (fictitious) scenarios on Giannis future decisions:

“I feel talking about my contract on a team that we have a chance to get out of the East and play in the NBA Finals is disrespectful to my teammates. At any point of the season, I don’t want to be disrespectful selfishly talking about my contract…I don’t want to take the attention away from where we need to have attention. I just got to stay focused on what’s important right now.” Giannis said.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information