View Poll Results: Who will be the 2019 World Champions?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argentina

9 39.13%
  • Spain

14 60.87%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [The Final] Argentina - Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    Thanks, man.
    If and when Spain wins on Sunday it will turn out that you were right and I was wrong in our discussion a month ago about your team. I thought they were a semifinal team but mainly due to an easy draw. After beating Serbia in the second round and then eliminating Australia in the semis they dispelled all of that. I’ve been watching this tournament since 1986 and in that time with a Spain win it will be USA 4, Yugoslavia/Serbia 3 and Spain 2. That’s big boy stuff.
    Good luck.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Was Luis Scola on the Argentinian team that won the inaugural World Championship in 1950 ?
    Critics say that his experience and leadership really helped Argentinian team in that tournament
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Critiques say that his experience and leadership really helped Argentinian team in that tournament
    Lol.
    God bless that guy I want some of what he’s having. Even the haircut makes him look more dignified.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    What do you mean? It seems to be quite interesting, an advertisement for bball.
    I mean I don't like these two teams, especially Spain.

If and when Spain wins on Sunday it will turn out that you were right and I was wrong in our discussion a month ago about your team. I thought they were a semifinal team but mainly due to an easy draw. After beating Serbia in the second round and then eliminating Australia in the semis they dispelled all of that. I’ve been watching this tournament since 1986 and in that time with a Spain win it will be USA 4, Yugoslavia/Serbia 3 and Spain 2. That’s big boy stuff.
    Good luck.
    I must say you had a point. I wasn't expecting this successful run. All I had to say was that Spain had built a winning culture, and missing some big names could be a blessing in disguise, forcing players who had lived in the shadow of the Golden Boys to take a step forward and take more responsibility. They did. We also found a way to transfer some of the experience and poise which have been invaluable in these close matches. And to top it all we were able to add some of the Grit and Grind mentality from old Marc's Grizzlies team.

But many of the concerns and criticisms you made about this Spain NT are still valid. We are clearly not at the same level, talent-wise. It's just that we have managed to balance it out with better teamwork and effort.

Marc Gasol can join Lamar Odom 2010 as the only player to win World Championship and NBA title in same year. That’s quite a year. A lot have done the Olympic Gold/NBA title including Pippen 2x, Jordan, LeBron and Kyrie Irving.

Marc Gasol can join Lamar Odom 2010 as the only player to win World Championship and NBA title in same year. That’s quite a year. A lot have done the Olympic Gold/NBA title including Pippen 2x, Jordan, LeBron and Kyrie Irving.
    I wonder how many women Marc Gasol has had sex with, there might be a hidden factor
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I wonder how many women Marc Gasol has had sex with, there might be a hidden factor
    Woah, he's married.
    poof

Maybe not the final everyone was expecting, maybe the teams aren't as good as they were in 2004 and 2006, but there are winner teams and loser teams and these are winner teams.

Also if Argentina wins then clearly our AmeriCup team is the real world champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

don't know if it was mentioned in any other topics but Argentina is the only country who made it to quarterfinals (and now finals obviously) without having a single player in NBA.
    neither on the team here or at all.

France, USA, Spain, Serbia, Czech, Poland (Gortat), Australia all have at least one player in NBA.
    Argentina is without.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

If this Argentina team wins, it would be the biggest surprise in FIBA world cup, ever. I think the Spaniards have them, especially mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    don't know if it was mentioned in any other topics but Argentina is the only country who made it to quarterfinals (and now finals obviously) without having a single player in NBA.

France, USA, Spain, Serbia, Czech, Poland (Gortat), Australia all have at least one player in NBA.
    Argentina is without.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Gortat was cut in February and didn't sign with any other team, he's a still a free agent to this day. So technically he's not playing in the NBA. Actually he had mentioned in the past he would retire once his contract was up, and there are no talks of him being in conversations with any franchise, so we may even consider him a former player.

Anyway I agree with the general idea of Argentina being a cinderella team and punching well above their weight. Even though they have plenty of players with NBA experience (Scola, Laprovíttola, Brussino, Garino), as you say most contenders can fill the roster with more accomplished players.

Someones post on Instagram ''Messi should join this Argentina team, its the only other chance he'll get at winning a world cup ''
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

I'm looking forward to this, though I'm still disapointed about team USA it's kind of nice to have a final where I can sit back and just enjoy the game. No rooting interest here, let the best team win, with no controversy.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post

Argentina is without.
    The team being primarily active and lead from the back court with ACB/Euroleague players, this is a big win for Europe over the NBA. This tournament has surely been the most stacked ever with NBA players.

go España, all the way baby

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    The team being primarily active and lead from the back court with ACB/Euroleague players, this is a big win for Europe over the NBA. This tournament has surely been the most stacked ever with NBA players.
    14 from 24 of the players in both rosters were playing at the ACB last season. And only 4 at the NBA. ACB rules!

Honestly you have to enjoy basketball, it has been a great World Cup even though I wanted my team to go further but many factors influenced it to not happen, but teams like Spain and Argentina have worked hard to get to the final phase of the tournament and the winner will truly deserve the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Modis View Post
    Someones post on Instagram ''Messi should join this Argentina team, its the only other chance he'll get at winning a world cup ''
    If Messi would join, Argies would be destined to finish 2nd, probably after OT or penalty shoot-out with Messi missing one

Overall, not the final I expected to see, far from that. Argentina is definitely the biggest surprise to me and the sweet one, loved Scola's game ever since early Baskonia days, no one else deserves this trophy more than him being so dedicated to NT for years. Have absolutely nothing against Spain, but this time Argentina will have all of my support

I respect Luis Scola. I think he's the greatest FIBA player ever along with Parker, Pau Gasol and Nowitzki but this time I don't expect great performance from him. Marc Gasol is probably the best 1on1 big man defender in the world. It won't be that easy like against Rudy Gobert, who is very good help defender but decent 1on1 defender. In order to win, Argentina guards should put extra effort and 3's. Campazzo is key player. My heart is with Argentina but Spain looks favorite to me.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast