View Poll Results: the winner is?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spain

    5 27.78%
  • Australia

    13 72.22%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 201 to 215 of 215

Thread: [SemiFinals] Spain - Australia

  1. #201
    Member Sykes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Talavera de la Reina
    Posts
    43
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Hi, I apologize for poking, seriously, but what did you think about after the Turkey - Spain game in 2001?
    As far as I remember, it was a close game till last minute, between us and a team that made its first appearance in international basketball, sorry i dont want to sound arrogant, but until that day, Turkey was completely unknown , and if Turkey lost that match it will be elimination to the organizers.
    From that day to date, Turkey has become a headache for Spain with a lot of matches lost by our team.

  2. #202
    Efes fan Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    7,382
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    As far as I remember, it was a close game till last minute, between us and a team that made its first appearance in international basketball, sorry i dont want to sound arrogant, but until that day, Turkey was completely unknown , and if Turkey lost that match it will be elimination to the organizers.
    From that day to date, Turkey has become a headache for Spain with a lot of matches lost by our team.
    it was a battle of shooters, between Herreros and Kutluay. You are right that we had no presence until then (but we were up & coming, lost to France in quarters in the last shot in 1999), but the point I was trying to make was different: The Spanish side protested heavily about the refereeing all game long, I still can vividly remember coach (J. Imbroda) running to the refs and shaking his pockets inside out . He possibly had justified reasons to do so (I can't remember details to be honest, but there were some questionable decisions). I was just wondering if you may have felt differently about losing gracefully when you're on the other side of "the ref impact".

    cheers!
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  3. #203
    Senior Member GreenFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire of Panathinaikos
    Posts
    198
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Only respect for Spain, such a great team. I believe they will get the gold.
    Euroleague IBN Game Champion 2007-2008
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009


    "And then comes Panathinaikos and their young center, Pekovic. He hit me once and it was like getting hit by a train.
    He's a big boy. I said to him, "How much you weigh?" and he said, "Too much".

    And he was right."

    Ricardo Greer, Nancy

  4. #204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,046
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Wow, the jealousy towards Spain is strong I see.

    After a long time where they where admittedly losers, Spain produced an amazing generation of players that made it to the top3 in almost every competition for the past (almost) 20 years. This is an incredible achievement! You don’t get to that point by flopping or getting help from the refs.

    As a Greek, I remember the game in 2007. That really hurts because I do believe that the refs were terrible but I also need to remember the game in 2006 where we lost by 20, in the biggest game of our time, against a team without their leader and best player.

    Also, the comment about “naturalizing” players is not correct. Children of immigrants that grow up in Spain, have as much right to be in the Spanish national team as any Spaniard. I put the word “naturalizing” in quotes because I don’t believe it is the case with these kids. We also had a great kid born to immigrant parents and we only started to show some respect when the NBA called.

    By the way, actually Mr. Chacho calls out the flopping of Real Madrid players. Just saying.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

  5. #205
    Senior Member Deschain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    790
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwijibo View Post
    WHat happened in 2001? I was rly young and didnt see that tournament
    Basically, your coach was disqualified in the first quarter, and there were many questionable calls for us. I remember Kutluay shooting like 5 FTs in a row. I think he scored 35 that game.
    The EC was in Turkey and we would have been eliminated had we not won that game.

    I found some footage in Turkish: https://youtu.be/wjZds6yuIJ0?t=617
    poof

  6. #206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    217
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    If Spaniards are insulted for flopping I would like to know what people say about Scoa in this tournament...Oscar role.

  7. #207
    Senior Member Buzissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,426
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Refs called two non-existent fouls to close regulation. Australia probably got the short end of the stick in that sequence, but truth is that Mills still had two shots to win it. 85% shooter had to go 2/2. Very tough loss for Australia.
    Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

  8. #208
    Senior Member Mr Chacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    My home
    Posts
    3,111
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Bogut asking ironically where are FIBA's headquarters. Man, there are in Switzerland.

    Euroleague's headquarters are in Spain. And Andrew, FIBA and Euroleague are not the same (in fact, both have a very bad relationship).

  9. #209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    543
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Bogut asking ironically where are FIBA's headquarters. Man, there are in Switzerland.

    Euroleague's headquarters are in Spain. And Andrew, FIBA and Euroleague are not the same (in fact, both have a very bad relationship).
    Bogut's reaction is childish and he should stop being a sore loser. They would have won if they had knocked down their free throws. It's particularly petty to focus on a single bad call which wasn't his way when immediately after they got a phantom call. The fact that he should have received a technical foul for his gesture also escapes him. I'm pretty sure he'll be fined for this.

  10. #210

    Default

    For the first time Marc truly dominated FIBA. What great story Gasols brothers are for the Spain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  11. #211
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    10
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    Bogut's reaction is childish and he should stop being a sore loser. They would have won if they had knocked down their free throws. It's particularly petty to focus on a single bad call which wasn't his way when immediately after they got a phantom call. The fact that he should have received a technical foul for his gesture also escapes him. I'm pretty sure he'll be fined for this.
    bogut had every right to question here, was 100% not a foul and that ref was on the euro payroll. I liked the Lithuanian coach calling it out against the french as well he was right what he was saying

  12. #212
    Senior Member achinet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tenerife
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eurorefsarecheats View Post
    bogut had every right to question here, was 100% not a foul and that ref was on the euro payroll. I liked the Lithuanian coach calling it out against the french as well he was right what he was saying
    If this is your point. What have you to say about that 3 point by Marc that referes take as 2 points because they say that Claver touch the ball. You can see that he did not touch the ball, plus a Tecnical fault to Scariolo because the protest of that action. (2 points less because that, you will not reach first OT). Second, what about that call on Mills when he was between Mar and Rudy. They did not move and the call was taken. What about that fault on Mills when he impact with Claver who jump vertically. Come on, you only see what you want.

  13. #213
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Griesheim, Germany
    Posts
    54
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Well here you have one. I can't stand it, even when done by Rudy or whoever.....

  14. #214
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Griesheim, Germany
    Posts
    54
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Well here you have one... I don't like any flooping, including when our players do it. I really don't like Rudy because of this.
    On the other hand being almost 50 years old I consider the Greek and Yugoslavian teams of old to be the true masters of flopping. I really cry of joy when you do complain about it, this is Karma on my mind.


    Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    maybe you haven't paid all three refs but just two
    in all my years here, and I have been coming to interbasket for more then a decade, I have never seen a comment from a spanish user in which he would condemn a spanish player for flopping or bitching to refs on the floor.
    whether it is an NT game or spanish club game.
    just curious, do you really don't see all the flopping of your players or you see it but you are just fine with it?

    you know, I'm a fan and I can bitch as much as I want and you will come here and say I'm not right about it. and that's fine.
    but at the same time when your player bitches to the refs on the floor you don't say anything?
    you are fine with that or you are simply not objective about it?

  15. #215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achinet View Post
    If this is your point. What have you to say about that 3 point by Marc that referes take as 2 points because they say that Claver touch the ball. You can see that he did not touch the ball, plus a Tecnical fault to Scariolo because the protest of that action. (2 points less because that, you will not reach first OT). Second, what about that call on Mills when he was between Mar and Rudy. They did not move and the call was taken. What about that fault on Mills when he impact with Claver who jump vertically. Come on, you only see what you want.
    Everybody can argue on fouls. But as you said a 3 pointer is 3 points, not 2. This is undeniable that they gave one point less to Spain. But Bogut and the crying posters here will never admit it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •