View Poll Results: The most disappointing NT of the tournament? (Select 3 - THREE)

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brazil

0 0%
  • Canada

2 5.26%
  • China

6 15.79%
  • Germany

5 13.16%
  • Greece - (w/ Valexander's crown)

13 34.21%
  • Italy

1 2.63%
  • Lithuania

0 0%
  • Nigeria

3 7.89%
  • Russia

0 0%
  • Serbia

27 71.05%
  • The USA

16 42.11%
  • Turkey

4 10.53%
  • Other

2 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The biggest disappointment of the WC - NTs?

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    The Philippines hehe..
    Did not deserve to be at the cup. Performance was karma for the basketbrawl. Ranking should drop at least 20 places

If crucial argument is result ,Usa,despite I thought they will not win tournament ,Lithuania is disappointment,but more because bad circumstances ,than low quality ,Serbia is disappointment by play,not much because results .For me,Greece is disappointment in any sense ,I dont know how to explaine ,now they have weak coach,Antetokounpo because European style cannot use all their qualities .But,since 2009,except 2011 Eurobasket like 2017 .They are almost always nearly success ,but no way to reach their level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    If crucial argument is result ,Usa,despite I thought they will not win tournament ,Lithuania is disappointment,but more because bad circumstances ,than low quality ,Serbia is disappointment by play,not much because results .For me,Greece is disappointment in any sense ,I dont know how to explaine ,now they have weak coach,Antetokounpo because European style cannot use all their qualities .But,since 2009,except 2011 Eurobasket like 2017 .They are almost always nearly success ,but no way to reach their level.
    2015 as well.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

If to pick 3:

Serbia - no comments needed
    Montenegro - not only result, but performance overall was simply awful and as result no even OQT spot
    Germany - what to say here... maybe it was only one bad game, but still...

Honorable mention:

Nigeria - gaining Olympic berth helped here, but overall expected them to make it even top8, but lacking good PG and coach proved to be too much to accomplish it
    Japan - thought they will resist much better with Hachimura, Fazekas, Watanabe, maybe not winning smth, but at least giving a good fight, but they were completely lost or maybe my expectations were just too high

Serbia and only Serbia. The best team on the world (with USA), playing today for 5th place. Shame on Serbia. Go home.

Serbia wasn't very good, but lost only to the two finalists!

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    2015 as well.
    I didnt understand,you think 2015 Greece have or have not good team ? Eurobasket 2013 with Trinchieri ,Greece also was nearly success ,but strange system of competition make harm .2010 Greece was in complete roster,if I m not wrong, but eight finals with Spain with refrees on their side hinder Greece for something more .2012 big failure against Nigeria,Olympic qualification ,2014 similar story like 2010 or 2015 ,difficult shedule eight finals against Serbia .

About dissapontments,I agree about Montenegro,almost nothing they did ,Nigeria also in certain sense,but with coach from Nigeria who isnt on nearly level of World Cup ,isnt big failure .Turkey missed good occasion ,if would win against Usa,they bring win in second group,if win against Brazil ,they would place in quarter-finals .

Japan is much better than 31st place ranking (although they won almost of their games against world class teams at home), but nick fazekas cant defend at world level and they hoping Chinakara tanaka mature fast to betheir primary ball handler..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Did not deserve to be at the cup. Performance was karma for the basketbrawl. Ranking should drop at least 20 places
    As it should. We accept that this may be Karma for the brawl but that is the past already. Because of that all our main players weren't able to play qualification games.. their rhythm was destroyed because of the suspension.. basically we started all over again, plus our professional league is not cooperative.. YES this is karma and we deserve it..

But that is the past.. we have already paid for what we have done.. now is the time to move on.. and I am telling you, we are not the 32nd team out of 32 teams in the world Cup.. we are miles better.. and you will see come 2023 when we host the World Cup..

Quote Originally Posted by zuma169 View Post
    As it should. We accept that this may be Karma for the brawl but that is the past already. Because of that all our main players weren't able to play qualification games.. their rhythm was destroyed because of the suspension.. basically we started all over again, plus our professional league is not cooperative.. YES this is karma and we deserve it..

But that is the past.. we have already paid for what we have done.. now is the time to move on.. and I am telling you, we are not the 32nd team out of 32 teams in the world Cup.. we are miles better.. and you will see come 2023 when we host the World Cup..
    Let’s hope this ages like wine instead of milk.

If this was karma for Gilas I wonder if this World Cup is an even worse one for Australia. Coming in to the tournament, while they were not the absolute favorites to win it all they were a solid pick having won one against USA in one of the prep tournaments.

Then when Serbia was upset by Argentina and Team USA completely unraveled against France the gold was wide open for everyone. Unfortunately Australia missed its chances to win in regulation and 1st OT against España, and lost the game widely in the 2nd OT. As if it were not enough, they then completely collapsed in the fourth quarter of a close game against France, bowing out of a podium finish yet again.

While Australia is the stronger team without a shadow of a doubt today, the Philippines still has more medals than Australia--bronze in the 1954 World Championships.

I'm saying this not to start anything here or to unnecessarily brag or whatever else, but to put things in perspective.

When that horrible incident in 2018 happened between Australia and the Philippines, the world got to listen to well-known Australians defend their side. People tend to give their ear more to known quantities, and who could be more well-known than guys like Luc Longley and the other basketball world-famous Australians. I'm just saying, hey world, the Philippines has one more FIBA medal than these guys, and if you can listen to them maybe we also deserve your ear. We all know FIBA had already handed down its decision, a terribly one-sided one that has probably given such wrong impressions about Gilas.

Quote Originally Posted by zuma169 View Post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12