View Poll Results: The most disappointing NT of the tournament? (Select 3 - THREE)

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brazil

0 0%
  • Canada

2 5.26%
  • China

6 15.79%
  • Germany

5 13.16%
  • Greece - (w/ Valexander's crown)

13 34.21%
  • Italy

1 2.63%
  • Lithuania

0 0%
  • Nigeria

3 7.89%
  • Russia

0 0%
  • Serbia

27 71.05%
  • The USA

16 42.11%
  • Turkey

4 10.53%
  • Other

2 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The biggest disappointment of the WC - NTs?

Default The biggest disappointment of the WC - NTs?

i demand a poll for the biggest disapointment between NT's.

I want an atleast unofficial title for my country between serious and strong contenders!

Quote Originally Posted by Valexander View Post
    i demand a poll for the biggest disapointment between NT's.

I want an atleast unofficial title for my country between serious and strong contenders!
    You got it, mate. Let me add the candidates.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

The biggest disappointments are the states, following by Serbia, Greece and Turkey.
    Last edited by Toruko; 09-11-2019 at 02:07 PM.

I'd say Serbia. Even though the US was one of the favorites, most acknowledged this was one of their weakest pro rosters ever. Serbia was supposed to be the team that took advantage.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

#1 The great Greg Popovich
    #2 USA
    #3 Serbia
    #4 Greece
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

With Serbia out this USA team even without Tatum should have won this tournament. Irrelevant if it’s a C or D caliber team, it had the most talent. And that always fall on the coach when you don’t get it done.

I wonder if Popovich talked about what an important day this was in American history to his players before the game.
    He should have said guys I know nobody back home is watching or cares about this tournament, but for us putting on this uniform and representing our colors on a day so important in our countries history is big time. I would bet my life he didn’t.
    His political agenda and world view doesn’t allow him to think like that. He was such a wrong choice for this job it’s unbelievable.

(My apologies, my frustration didnt let me see the 3 choices, so i gave the obvious 1)

All candidates, (apart maybe Brazil and China), should consider their selves, as underachievers

although i count this:

1. expectations roster-wise
    2. from whom they lost from
    3. overall appearance.

1+2+3 is Greece by far. With the 3 being a joke through out the tournament, a 10 days suferring from day to day.. Of course the expectation was at least a QF with a fight there, and the loss was by this Brazilian overaged mediocre team who went home with a badge.

if i could give 2 more votes considering these 3 standards, i can't exclude Germany. DR really? Silver metal belongs to them.
    my third vote is difficult to choose between USA and Serbia. if i knew the results before the tournament i would have choose US for sure. But imo they had a plan, they outplayed those they had to, and if dilikina didn't put in that contested 3, (he had gobert option inside) things now could have been different. i mean one close game with a great comeback.
    So although an underestimated ARG isn't that of a disastrous loss, the fact that you could see the bench just before the start of the second half, and you could have a good picture about who was confident for the win, and who was already mourning (unexplicable!!), makes me give it to the Serbs and Sale.

P.S. Liths and Turks, can go home and sleep well. Both they gave fights and also good memories to their fans, and imo nothing to blame them about.
    Last edited by Valexander; 09-11-2019 at 02:40 PM.

1) USA
    2) Serbia
    3) Greece
    4) Germany
    5) China
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Choking in the second round would be acceptable for turkey and quarter finals would be a success but first round elimination is a huge disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    #2 USA
    #3 Serbia
    #4 Greece
    Actually I want to change it to

#2 USA
    #3 Serbia
    #4 Spain, France, or Australia the two that don’t win this tournament
    #5 Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Choking in the second round would be acceptable for turkey and quarter finals would be a success but first round elimination is a huge disappointment.
    Well that was my thought right after elimination but afterwards we saw other teams have greater disappointments. Plus Czechs are apparently not the pushovers we all thought. We should have been in the 2nd round but shit happens. About Serbia and USA though...
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Well that was my thought right after elimination but afterwards we saw other teams have greater disappointments. Plus Czechs are apparently not the pushovers we all thought. We should have been in the 2nd round but shit happens. About Serbia and USA though...
    Thats why Turkey is 4. in my ranking. I acknowledge Czechs good team chemistry and also their effort but I still believe that we and most of the teams are stronger than them. I still cant accept that we played the whole tournament with Erden. I dont want to talk badly about him, he surely hadnt wanted to get injured again but it was a mistake to take him to the tournament. I hate his sloppy and careless attitude.

It has to be Serbia of course and with all do respect to Argentina especially losing to them
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Germany, USA and China the biggest disappointments. Different teams, different reasons.

Serbia obviously, just like Spain in 2014. They had all the circumstances in their favor, being able to bring all the best players (apart from Teodosic and perhaps Kalinic/Nedovic, but it`s up to Djordjevic), USA sending its C/D team, having considerably easy group stage. Maybe things were just too good?

Second - USA, although they were asking for it.

What can be a realistic expectation for Lithuania? 50/50, the biggest disappointment is HOW they got eliminated...

Then there`s also Greece and Germany in a way. Greece were lacking team spirit and desire, most likely their game would`ve been more fluid without Giannis... Because then you can see your limitations much more clearly and build accordingly. How to use Giannis properly in Fiba play, surrounded by the type of players that Greece has to offer at the moment? How to cherish his talent for them? That`s why I think it would be easier for Greece to find their older identity and ways of competing without such enormous talent that flows together only into one player. They never even had a player with such physical abilities and I believe they are not very comfortable and the chemistry is just not there.

Not much to say about Germany. Mysterious team, that can go very low, but can surprise as well. The black horse. Nah.

Serbia for sure. This was a great opportunity to win it all after a long time, but something got in the way.
    Bronze medal 2017 Eurobasket prediction Game

Serbia was overrated in my opinion. They had five top players, three of which are in the center position (Jokic, Marjanovic, Milutinov). And there is also another center, Raduljica, who is not even a top player, but he got minutes so that means that the other three centers had less minutes to share. Then there was Bogdanovic and Bjelica. Two very good NBA players. But aside from that the rest are average players and not by any means EL stars or top EL caliber players. These players were not even used to playing under immense pressure or carry the responsibility of a top EL team which must win games and titles. Like DeColo for CSKA, or Llull and Rudy for Real. The Serbs were better than Argentina, sure, but they were heavy favorites and they choked. Spain and France have better depth and balance as teams.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Marjanovic is no top player. How?! Serbia is surely as deep as France by any means. The problem is the disbalance of positions, the composition of the roster. We seriously struggled with fast pace as this team's composition didn't allow to run. I don't see any major EL player in France except De Colo and if I watch last season Micic played nothing worse than him. If you go to World Championship with 6 bigs, all slow footed, if your players at position three aren't ready to run you will have serious problems. The disbalance between front- and backcourt proved to be cracked by Spain and copied by Argentina. The overhyping is for deeper analysis, too of course. But interesting that it started from abroad, not from Serbia. It shouldn't happen simply. Individually talented but very poorly selected and coached. Maybe another time with another coach. For me the biggest disappointment is Team USA, just a step behind Serbia are Lithuania and Greece. Again this tournament showed that experience, perfect game plans and team basketball are still vital things for success and this makes me happy. And that top teams can beat each other on any given day.

And yeah, Germany underachieved. What I see their media is tearing them apart so in their view it's an underachievement for sure.
    Last edited by Katastroika; 09-12-2019 at 11:08 PM.

The Philippines hehe..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast