Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The biggest disappointment of the WC - NTs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest disappointment of the WC - NTs?

i demand a poll for the biggest disapointment between NT's.

I want an atleast unofficial title for my country between serious and strong contenders!
    Brazil
    0%
    Canada
    0%
    China
    0%
    Germany
    0%
    Greece - (w/ Valexander's crown)
    0%
    Italy
    0%
    Lithuania
    0%
    Nigeria
    0%
    Russia
    0%
    Serbia
    0%
    The USA
    0%
    Turkey
    0%
    Other
    0%

Originally posted by Valexander
    i demand a poll for the biggest disapointment between NT's.

I want an atleast unofficial title for my country between serious and strong contenders!
    You got it, mate. Let me add the candidates.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

The biggest disappointments are the states, following by Serbia, Greece and Turkey.
      Last edited by Toruko; 09-11-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I'd say Serbia. Even though the US was one of the favorites, most acknowledged this was one of their weakest pro rosters ever. Serbia was supposed to be the team that took advantage.
        Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

#1 The great Greg Popovich
          #2 USA
          #3 Serbia
          #4 Greece
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

With Serbia out this USA team even without Tatum should have won this tournament. Irrelevant if it’s a C or D caliber team, it had the most talent. And that always fall on the coach when you don’t get it done.

Comment

I wonder if Popovich talked about what an important day this was in American history to his players before the game.
              He should have said guys I know nobody back home is watching or cares about this tournament, but for us putting on this uniform and representing our colors on a day so important in our countries history is big time. I would bet my life he didn’t.
              His political agenda and world view doesn’t allow him to think like that. He was such a wrong choice for this job it’s unbelievable.

Comment

(My apologies, my frustration didnt let me see the 3 choices, so i gave the obvious 1)

All candidates, (apart maybe Brazil and China), should consider their selves, as underachievers

although i count this:

1. expectations roster-wise
                2. from whom they lost from
                3. overall appearance.

1+2+3 is Greece by far. With the 3 being a joke through out the tournament, a 10 days suferring from day to day.. Of course the expectation was at least a QF with a fight there, and the loss was by this Brazilian overaged mediocre team who went home with a badge.

if i could give 2 more votes considering these 3 standards, i can't exclude Germany. DR really? Silver metal belongs to them.
                my third vote is difficult to choose between USA and Serbia. if i knew the results before the tournament i would have choose US for sure. But imo they had a plan, they outplayed those they had to, and if dilikina didn't put in that contested 3, (he had gobert option inside) things now could have been different. i mean one close game with a great comeback.
                So although an underestimated ARG isn't that of a disastrous loss, the fact that you could see the bench just before the start of the second half, and you could have a good picture about who was confident for the win, and who was already mourning (unexplicable!!), makes me give it to the Serbs and Sale.

P.S. Liths and Turks, can go home and sleep well. Both they gave fights and also good memories to their fans, and imo nothing to blame them about.
                Last edited by Valexander; 09-11-2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

1) USA
                  2) Serbia
                  3) Greece
                  4) Germany
                  5) China
                  Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                  Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                  Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Choking in the second round would be acceptable for turkey and quarter finals would be a success but first round elimination is a huge disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                      #2 USA
                      #3 Serbia
                      #4 Greece
                      Actually I want to change it to

#2 USA
                      #3 Serbia
                      #4 Spain, France, or Australia the two that don’t win this tournament
                      #5 Greece

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                        Choking in the second round would be acceptable for turkey and quarter finals would be a success but first round elimination is a huge disappointment.
                        Well that was my thought right after elimination but afterwards we saw other teams have greater disappointments. Plus Czechs are apparently not the pushovers we all thought. We should have been in the 2nd round but shit happens. About Serbia and USA though...
                        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                          Well that was my thought right after elimination but afterwards we saw other teams have greater disappointments. Plus Czechs are apparently not the pushovers we all thought. We should have been in the 2nd round but shit happens. About Serbia and USA though...
                          Thats why Turkey is 4. in my ranking. I acknowledge Czechs good team chemistry and also their effort but I still believe that we and most of the teams are stronger than them. I still cant accept that we played the whole tournament with Erden. I dont want to talk badly about him, he surely hadnt wanted to get injured again but it was a mistake to take him to the tournament. I hate his sloppy and careless attitude.

Comment

It has to be Serbia of course and with all do respect to Argentina especially losing to them
                            Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
                            FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
                            FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

Germany, USA and China the biggest disappointments. Different teams, different reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information