View Poll Results: what kind of game do you expect?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Serbia win in a blow-out

    0 0%
  • Serbia win after a close game

    8 53.33%
  • The USA win in a blow-out

    3 20.00%
  • The USA win after a close game

    4 26.67%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 103

Thread: [5-8th Classification] Serbia - the USA

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    220
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Do you even read what I'm writing?

    Why you are constantly speaking about Zeljko Obradovic? He left ruins in 2005. Noone would even dare to call him. He is no option. Noone mentioned him ever but you here since then.

    Sasa Obradovic is a great coach but has also contract obligations in Monaco. Really critical moment. The next week will show solutions I hope.

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,608
    Country: United States

    Default

    @Katastroika

    Sounds like some people aren’t aware of the 2004 Olympic and 2005 Eurobasket disasters with him at the helm. Basically after 1998 all the teams he led underachieved.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

  3. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    73
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Do you even read what I'm writing?

    Why you are constantly speaking about Zeljko Obradovic? He left ruins in 2005. Noone would even dare to call him. He is no option. Noone mentioned him ever but you here since then.

    Sasa Obradovic is a great coach but has also contract obligations in Monaco. Really critical moment. The next week will show solutions I hope.
    Of course I'm reading and I reply accordingly... It seems to me that Sasa is your suggestion... Do you have a link to provide that he ever applied for the position as you mentioned earlier? Kokoskov has (albeit only literally), as you already have admitted!

  4. #84
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,434
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    @Katastroika

    Sounds like some people aren’t aware of the 2004 Olympic and 2005 Eurobasket disasters with him at the helm. Basically after 1998 all the teams he led underachieved.
    2000 too, even tho it wasn't that bad like 2004, Danilovic was injured during the tournament IIRC, but still for Yugoslavia of that time to go home after 1/4 was big underachievement


  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    220
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    I'll give it up. Our discussion is senseless anyway as the next days will show the further progress. And yeah, I have links for Sasa, but as you didn't even hook to watch the one about Kokoskov I don't see sense in providing them.

    And no, he's not my favourite. My favourite would be another one which is none of those two but he has contract and isn't Serbian citizen what's unfortunately in this sphere of Europe a must have.

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,608
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    2000 too, even tho it wasn't that bad like 2004, Danilovic was injured during the tournament IIRC, but still for Yugoslavia of that time to go home after 1/4 was big underachievement
    Absolutely you guys bounced him and I think Canada might have beaten them in the prelims. That team was stacked with Bodiroga, Danilovic, Stojakovic and others. Much like this tournament a USA -Serbia Final was expected and Lithuania gummed up the works and almost took us out too.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    73
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    I'll give it up. Our discussion is senseless anyway as the next days will show the further progress. And yeah, I have links for Sasa, but as you didn't even hook to watch the one about Kokoskov I don't see sense in providing them.

    And no, he's not my favourite. My favourite would be another one which is none of those two but he has contract and isn't Serbian citizen what's unfortunately in this sphere of Europe a must have.
    In any case, Sasa Obrodovic hasn't even expressed interest as of yet... Therefore, It was all your "invention" that he is a candidate for the position... Even if he will apply in the future, it won't mean that "this and that are the candidates" as you said before proves you... It's just your wish because you prefer him over Kosksov... In any case, you are of course eligible to an opinion as much as anybody in here, but your wish can't be more than a personal suggestion and you made it look like if it was among "reported news" which it never was... Kokoskov is all what reporters are reporting on as being the favorite and of course this might change once more interest is officially expressed by other coaches...

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    220
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    A lot of sentences but few substantials again. Obradović stated that he wants to be Serbian coach one day - same like Kokoškov. He said yesterday he won't comment out of solidarity with Đorđević further speculations and yeah some media right now refers that he will be the new head coach.

    Still, you haven't proved your point. All you're saying is repeating yourself again and again abd bringing names like Željko which noone would even chose if life depends about it.

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    73
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    A lot of sentences but few substantials again. Obradović stated that he wants to be Serbian coach one day - same like Kokoškov. He said yesterday he won't comment out of solidarity with Đorđević further speculations and yeah some media right now refers that he will be the new head coach.

    Still, you haven't proved your point. All you're saying is repeating yourself again and again abd bringing names like Željko which noone would even chose if life depends about it.
    You miss the point... Was there any report today that Sasa Obradovic is "among the favorites"? ...no there wasn't!
    Was there any report today that Igor Kokoskov is "among the favorites"? ....yes there was!

    QED then... S.Obradovic was your own invention as being a candidate!

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    318
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckalis View Post
    You miss the point... Was there any report today that Sasa Obradovic is "among the favorites"? ...no there wasn't!
    Was there any report today that Igor Kokoskov is "among the favorites"? ....yes there was!

    QED then... S.Obradovic was your own invention as being a candidate!
    Actually no. As no one officially said anything, all we have is rumors and here says. But if you put them all together, there are two “main candidates” - Sasa Obradovic and Kokoskov. So it’s not my compatriot’s invention, but general sentiment. Actually no one mentions Zeljko or Kari Pesic (also fit candidate).

  11. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    220
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckalis View Post
    You miss the point... Was there any report today that Sasa Obradovic is "among the favorites"? ...no there wasn't!
    Was there any report today that Igor Kokoskov is "among the favorites"? ....yes there was!

    QED then... S.Obradovic was your own invention as being a candidate!
    OK. You won!

  12. #92
    Senior Member fasoulaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,754
    Country: Germany

    Default

    I saw Sasa Obradovic both as player and coach in Cologne, Germany and he was very successful in both position until the basketball club went bankcrupt. I think he would be a very good fit.

  13. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    220
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    He has balls most importantly.

    The dream solution would be of course Kari Pesic but out of known reasons it's impossible. He has done already more than some people in three lives for Serbian basketball.

  14. #94
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,487
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    He has balls most importantly.

    The dream solution would be of course Kari Pesic but out of known reasons it's impossible. He has done already more than some people in three lives for Serbian basketball.
    I don't think that Pesic at this point would be a good choice. He would not mesh well with primadonna types of Bogdanovic, Jokic. I would tend to go with Kokoshkov, he is young, a lot of energy and he can manage those types of egos. BUT, my shadow favorite would be if Bodiroga decides to give it a go at coaching. I like his demeanor, I like his mental approach.

    To be honest, I have never been happier than now during Djordjevic's stint. He is finally gone and I don't have to think about his reign and how he ruined two 3 perfect opportunities for a gold medal, we have been waiting for since 2002. 2015, 2017, 2019 are all wasted chances, when the core has been in prime with Teodosic and Bjelica.

    If Sasa Obradovic ends up coaching, it will be a grinding team with half-court offense, which could suit as well with Bogdanovic and Jokic. I certainly hope that noone plays with the notion of Milojevic as a coach, that would be a disaster. Dude is a positional coach, working as a HC for a talent-farm team without any imperative for results. The worse option would probably be Dzikic. That would totally suck.

  15. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    73
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    He has balls most importantly.

    The dream solution would be of course Kari Pesic but out of known reasons it's impossible. He has done already more than some people in three lives for Serbian basketball.
    Now... that's a totally different subject. (which can be under discussion if it ever was the subject...)

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    220
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckalis View Post
    Now... that's a totally different subject. (which can be under discussion if it ever was the subject...)
    Of course it isn't nor shouldn't it be one. But you're making one of it out of any normal reason. Again I don't see your point for such a comment.

  17. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    73
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    I don't think that Pesic at this point would be a good choice. He would not mesh well with primadonna types of Bogdanovic, Jokic. I would tend to go with Kokoshkov, he is young, a lot of energy and he can manage those types of egos. BUT, my shadow favorite would be if Bodiroga decides to give it a go at coaching. I like his demeanor, I like his mental approach.

    To be honest, I have never been happier than now during Djordjevic's stint. He is finally gone and I don't have to think about his reign and how he ruined two 3 perfect opportunities for a gold medal, we have been waiting for since 2002. 2015, 2017, 2019 are all wasted chances, when the core has been in prime with Teodosic and Bjelica.

    If Sasa Obradovic ends up coaching, it will be a grinding team with half-court offense, which could suit as well with Bogdanovic and Jokic. I certainly hope that noone plays with the notion of Milojevic as a coach, that would be a disaster. Dude is a positional coach, working as a HC for a talent-farm team without any imperative for results. The worse option would probably be Dzikic. That would totally suck.
    To be honest, I only care about the Bucks in the NBA and therefore am grateful that Kokoskov was fired by the Suns and Bender ended up signing with the Bucks... In all honesty I will be even more grateful if Ntilikina ends up with the Bucks too... We are collecting all NBA thinks is trash in order to win the championship!

    P.S. Bogdan and Bjelica should be under the Bucks radar!

  18. #98
    Senior Member Obina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,971
    Country: Montenegro

    Default

    Thanks Sale for everything.

    I think it's good time for change for both sides.

  19. #99
    Senior Member Buzissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,426
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Hopefully Djordjevic's successor saw this WC and understood what not to do.
    When you have one of the best players in the World, you run your offense through him. Common sense.

    I believe Serbia could have a run of 10+ years of success, like Spain has just completed.
    Jokic is 24. For comparison, Gasol was 26 when they won their first gold medal.

    Current squad is a bit old, but they also have Bogi (27, their Navarro), Milutinov (25), Micic (25) and Guduric (24).
    And you just know that more talent will come. Serbia is the best basketball school in Europe.
    Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

  20. #100
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,067
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Guduric is just about to lose few years of basketball.
    previously known as Beno

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •