View Poll Results: what kind of game do you expect?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Serbia win in a blow-out

0 0%
  • Serbia win after a close game

8 53.33%
  • The USA win in a blow-out

3 20.00%
  • The USA win after a close game

4 26.67%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [5-8th Classification] Serbia - the USA

Thanks Serbia! Now Spain stands alone as the only country which has never placed lower than 6th in any major competition this century.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    Thanks Serbia! Now Spain stands alone as the only country which has never placed lower than 6th in any major competition this century.
    What a meaningless accomplishment Still, happy for you bro

Thank you guys, it was a welcome experience that for once you can rise and show that you still can play, even if it doesn't mean that much. Bitter taste for the missed opportunity remains, but it is kind a compensation after all .

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    What a meaningless accomplishment Still, happy for you bro
    Absolutely meaningless, but, hey, I had to find something to cheer for while watching this game. It was hard to stomach for stretches.

The only other reason I had to cheer for Serbia was that, even if we couldn't beat Team USA ourselves, we could beat the three teams that had beaten them: Serbia, Australia (hopefully) and France (even more hopefully). But this bragging rights are even weaker than the claim above.

I thought US was going to blow us out. US commentator was even saying that Serbia's players look unmotivated. Was hard to spot the talent on the US team in this game. I've seen White tear up games in the NBA did nothing in this one. No d from team USA either so easy to find shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Does anyone know who the American female commentator is? I really like her commentary.
    The woman commentator on the FIBA broadcast is Shona Thorburn, she is Canadian.

Late free throw miss by Turner costing me two points in the prediction contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post

She is pretty good and really knows her stuff for international basketball.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post

Prediction on classification matches is tricky.. i really couldn't find a way to see that serbia will overcome that supposed mental break down. Now i can't find either a single reason for this unmotivated argentina appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Valexander View Post
    Prediction on classification matches is tricky.. i really couldn't find a way to see that serbia will overcome that supposed mental break down. Now i can't find either a single reason for this unmotivated argentina appearance.
    We trained the whole summer just for USA (and forgot about the rest)

Second half was nice to watch. Both played hard defense and wanted to win. If USA doesn't come with best teams to FIBA tournaments there could be surprises along the way. They really have some efforts in rule and gameplay adaption.

Serbia created a roster for beating the USA but got beaten by Argentina. This win means absolutely nothing and shouldn't be a major plus for Djordjevic in the discussion about his future. I really hope for changes this summer so that all those who have broken with Djordjevic, or he with them, can return in June to prepare for the Olympics.

It will be unimpressive if usa dissapeared after first quarter.. they let usa slowly come back but never to the point that they will take the lead back..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Pity for Bogdanovic. He deserved medal and MVP title, but he was only bright point from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    Century? Serbia was 11th in 2005 Eurobasket. Just saying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Didn’t see the game. First time I missed one since 2002 meaningless classification games. Good for Serbia they deserved the victory. They were better than us all tournament so I am glad.
    Another loss added to Popovich tally is always ok by me. Just further humiliation for him and proof that this team although weak basically played without a coach. Or at least one who tried to put them in a position to succeed.
    Game really has no meaning in the long term. Players aren’t dumb. They understand this was a weak demoralized team with nothing to play for. Reminds me somewhat of the 2002 loss to Spain in classification. It didn’t help Spain any going forward. They met again 2 years later in the Olympic quarterfinals and an undefeated Spain with that win in their back pocket actually lost to another relatively weak poorly constructed USA team and was eliminated. I am pretty sure the Serbian players know that if they met in an Olympic knockout game it would be night and day and a lot harder to beat team Usa.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    He meant USA. Serbia had besides 2005 also 2007 a desastrous tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    It’s floating around that this is the USA’s worst finish in history.
    If true that encompasses teams composed of factory workers, collegians and NBA players.
    I must say that Popovich’s name attached to that feat gives me a lot of joy in an otherwise disastrous tournament.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Yes, since 2001 Spain has finished a tournament outside of the top 4 just four times: 2002 5th place (with a meaningless win over Team USA, as others have mentioned), 2004 5th again, 2010 6th place, and 2014 5th place. 2010 was our lowest point, losing 4 games. In 2002 we lost two, and just once in the other two tournaments.

So, yeah, it's a pretty weak claim but I think that's a remarkable run spanning 18 tournaments. Just shows how consistent our NT has been since the turn of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    She is pretty good and really knows her stuff for international basketball.
    Yeah, she does a good job. She has done a lot of the women's tournaments the last couple years. I thought the other Canadian (Joe Raso) who did the Spain group in the first round was also good. A few of the British analysts are tough to listen to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Yes, USA worst finish was 6th (2002) up to this day. Every other national team has placed lower than 6th at least once.

Pop told Sale - we are a couple of fucking losers.

Even those two are heavily criticized I think everyone can agree on that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast