[5-8th Classification] Serbia - the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckalis View Post
    You miss the point... Was there any report today that Sasa Obradovic is "among the favorites"? ...no there wasn't!
    Was there any report today that Igor Kokoskov is "among the favorites"? ....yes there was!

QED then... S.Obradovic was your own invention as being a candidate!
    OK. You won!

Comment

I saw Sasa Obradovic both as player and coach in Cologne, Germany and he was very successful in both position until the basketball club went bankcrupt. I think he would be a very good fit.
      You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

He has balls most importantly.

The dream solution would be of course Kari Pesic but out of known reasons it's impossible. He has done already more than some people in three lives for Serbian basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post

The dream solution would be of course Kari Pesic but out of known reasons it's impossible. He has done already more than some people in three lives for Serbian basketball.
          I don't think that Pesic at this point would be a good choice. He would not mesh well with primadonna types of Bogdanovic, Jokic. I would tend to go with Kokoshkov, he is young, a lot of energy and he can manage those types of egos. BUT, my shadow favorite would be if Bodiroga decides to give it a go at coaching. I like his demeanor, I like his mental approach.

To be honest, I have never been happier than now during Djordjevic's stint. He is finally gone and I don't have to think about his reign and how he ruined two 3 perfect opportunities for a gold medal, we have been waiting for since 2002. 2015, 2017, 2019 are all wasted chances, when the core has been in prime with Teodosic and Bjelica.

If Sasa Obradovic ends up coaching, it will be a grinding team with half-court offense, which could suit as well with Bogdanovic and Jokic. I certainly hope that noone plays with the notion of Milojevic as a coach, that would be a disaster. Dude is a positional coach, working as a HC for a talent-farm team without any imperative for results. The worse option would probably be Dzikic. That would totally suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post

Now... that's a totally different subject. (which can be under discussion if it ever was the subject...)

Comment

Originally posted by Buckalis View Post
              Now... that's a totally different subject. (which can be under discussion if it ever was the subject...)
              Of course it isn't nor shouldn't it be one. But you're making one of it out of any normal reason. Again I don't see your point for such a comment.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                I don't think that Pesic at this point would be a good choice. He would not mesh well with primadonna types of Bogdanovic, Jokic. I would tend to go with Kokoshkov, he is young, a lot of energy and he can manage those types of egos. BUT, my shadow favorite would be if Bodiroga decides to give it a go at coaching. I like his demeanor, I like his mental approach.

To be honest, I have never been happier than now during Djordjevic's stint. He is finally gone and I don't have to think about his reign and how he ruined two 3 perfect opportunities for a gold medal, we have been waiting for since 2002. 2015, 2017, 2019 are all wasted chances, when the core has been in prime with Teodosic and Bjelica.

If Sasa Obradovic ends up coaching, it will be a grinding team with half-court offense, which could suit as well with Bogdanovic and Jokic. I certainly hope that noone plays with the notion of Milojevic as a coach, that would be a disaster. Dude is a positional coach, working as a HC for a talent-farm team without any imperative for results. The worse option would probably be Dzikic. That would totally suck.
                To be honest, I only care about the Bucks in the NBA and therefore am grateful that Kokoskov was fired by the Suns and Bender ended up signing with the Bucks... In all honesty I will be even more grateful if Ntilikina ends up with the Bucks too... We are collecting all NBA thinks is trash in order to win the championship!

P.S. Bogdan and Bjelica should be under the Bucks radar!

Comment

Thanks Sale for everything.

I think it's good time for change for both sides.

Comment

Hopefully Djordjevic's successor saw this WC and understood what not to do.
                    When you have one of the best players in the World, you run your offense through him. Common sense.

I believe Serbia could have a run of 10+ years of success, like Spain has just completed.
                    Jokic is 24. For comparison, Gasol was 26 when they won their first gold medal.

Current squad is a bit old, but they also have Bogi (27, their Navarro), Milutinov (25), Micic (25) and Guduric (24).
                    And you just know that more talent will come. Serbia is the best basketball school in Europe.
                    Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

• Guduric is just about to lose few years of basketball.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzissa View Post
                        ...Serbia is the best basketball school in Europe.
                        Are you sure about that? See U20, U18 and U16 stats theese years. Especially this current year.

(Note: in women, spanish wins are even more ovious)

Comment

• I am aware of those results. Talking strictly about men's competitions here.
                          Recently Spain has ridden the Gasol wave, but his successor is yet to be found. Lets see if this youth successes can bring with it the next generational talent (Garuba?).

Spain has definitely all the tools to stay at the top of European basketball. Strong league, top teams play at the highest level in Europe and they seem to have the infrastructures. Basically, Spain has money and interest in basketball has grown in the last couple of years. Still a football-dominated country.

While Serbia keeps on producing an impressive number of talented players with limited resources. In recent years, they are on pair or even better than Spain in that regard (talking about NBA and Euroleague-level talent).
                          Historically there is not even a debate.

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                          Guduric is just about to lose few years of basketball.
                          Definitely seems like a premature move.
                          Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzissa View Post
                            Lets see if this youth successes can bring with it the next generational talent (Garuba?).
                            Garuba... perhaps, but Santiago Aldama for sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information