16 80.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [SemiFinals] Argentina - France

Simply,
    Spain 2006 > Greece 2006
    Argentina 2010 > Brazil 2010
    Czechs 2019 > Turkey 2019
    Argentina 2019 > France 2019

There's no curse whatsoever, just excuses. This Argentina team defeated Serbia *and* France. It seems they would've defeated this US as well.
    poof

Quote Originally Posted by DanMajerle View Post
    This Argentina team by far isn't as talented as the Ginobili/Nocioni/Scola teams from 2000-2006, but man, they are showing so much heart and aggressiveness. Campaazzo is unbelievable, you just can't get rid of him and they show you what team play can achieve. Everyone knows his role.

Scola deserves this so much, he has always been there for Argentina, during his NBA days and even played all these Pan-American games with some role players.
    I think you are wrong. This team can't compare with the previous generation. i.e this team lacks good inside presence (Oberto, Wolkowyski, Scola) comparing with the previous one. I agree though that they play with heart and aggressiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    There, fixed it :P
    With other words, France and Greece. Two cases hardly can make a rule

Quote Originally Posted by soulis79 View Post
    I think you are wrong. This team can't compare with the previous generation. i.e this team lacks good inside presence (Oberto, Wolkowyski, Scola) comparing with the previous one. I agree though that they play with heart and aggressiveness.
    reread what he wrote. you guys are saying the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    reread what he wrote. you guys are saying the same thing.
    i missed a word (n't)

Argentina have made this a fantastic tournament. And a fantastic advertisement for basketball. Skill and teamwork able to defeat size and athleticism. Awesome to watch the last couple of games.

Predictably after hitting everything vs USA Fournier couldnt hit a rock in the sea.This allowed Argentina to pack the paint easily.Never underesrimate the no pressure effect of teams when playing against USA.

Congratulations to Argentina! Campazzo, grandpa Scola and the boys made my day! 39 years old for the good old Luis and he's still there giving nightmares to the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    With other words, France and Greece. Two cases hardly can make a rule
    I like to think of emojis as supercharged punctuation
    (Talking about the “:P” at the end of my post)
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Think it's a bit of overconfidence of France after the US win coupled with thinking the ARG win over Serbia was a fluke. I don't think they'll catch Spain off guard, though. But it'd be a shame losing in a final after beating France and Serbia so I will root for them

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    I like to think of emojis as supercharged punctuation
    (Talking about the “:P” at the end of my post)
    I quoted you but actually I was commenting on the previous post , after your "fix".

Surprised no one has made the joke yet, hinting at France losing on purpose to avoid Spain in the final. Definitely has gotten old.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    Surprised no one has made the joke yet, hinting at France losing on purpose to avoid Spain in the final. Definitely has gotten old.
    good one, nonetheless...

I just saw a pic that reminded me Luis Scola & Ender Arslan were once teammates... life is strange...
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    only objectionable thing about this great ARG team is Galizzi's haircut, which is a crime against humanity
    Hahaha that is the cut of Pedro the Scaly

The level of defensive intensity the 40 minutes is the key to the victories of Argentina and what feeds their offensive, the rivals are frustrated because they do not leave any space and apparently do not know how to respond to this approach, and Spain knows what to face and if they make a better game than Argentina can be champions, also have to come fine from the perimeter.

Finally was able to watch the game. Just my two cents.

Key here was France's poor offensive execution. Don't think Argentina played a great game even. France just couldn't score enough.

I liked how Fournier was aggressive, didn't shy away from the moment. He was getting to his spots, just not making the shots. France failed when they couldn't get an alternative to Fournier-ball. That's when you gotta start blaming the coach.

I actually think Collet was smart against the US when he punished again and again their small lineup by running pick&roll with Fournier and Gobert, but none of that happened yesterday. Gobert attempted 3 shots from the field. He had De Colo, their second best creator, playing only 27 minutes and Batum reduced to a spot-up shooter role.

He let Fournier rot on the bench for 10 straight minutes before putting him back in with 4 minutes left and the game all but decided. I know he had 4 fouls, but what was Collet saving him for?

The only bright spot for France was Ntilikina. You just know by watching him that he is going to be in some winning teams in the future (probably not the Knicks). He just does all the little things, all the dirty work. Impressive defender. His offense is coming along nicely. He hit big shots against the US, yesterday he sparked a shy attempt at a comeback.

Gotta give some credit to Argentina though. They fought hard and they have two competitive, proven winners in Campazzo and Scola.
    They seem to have a decent core to build around for the near future, as everyone except for Scola is under 30.

In conclusion, an incredible achievement for Argentina and a huge disappointment for France.
    Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345