No announcement yet.

[SemiFinals] Argentina - France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expected more of a fight but Argentina won fair and square. It seems that winning USA team causes some kind of disorientation.

Comment

Congratulations to Argentina, what an unexpected run (for me clueless at least)! France once more falls short when it matters.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by soulis79 View Post
        I expected more of a fight but Argentina won fair and square. It seems that winning USA team causes some kind of disorientation.
        Hard to make that argument since it worked out just fine for Serbia and Argentina in ‘02 and ‘04.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

This Argentina team by far isn't as talented as the Ginobili/Nocioni/Scola teams from 2000-2006, but man, they are showing so much heart and aggressiveness. Campaazzo is unbelievable, you just can't get rid of him and they show you what team play can achieve. Everyone knows his role.

Scola deserves this so much, he has always been there for Argentina, during his NBA days and even played all these Pan-American games with some role players.
          "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
            Hard to make that argument since it worked out just fine for Serbia and Argentina in ‘02 and ‘04.
            I expected more of a fight but Argentina won fair and square. It seems that winning USA team causes some kind of disorientation after 2006.
            There, fixed it :P
            3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Simply,
              Spain 2006 > Greece 2006
              Argentina 2010 > Brazil 2010
              Czechs 2019 > Turkey 2019
              Argentina 2019 > France 2019

There's no curse whatsoever, just excuses. This Argentina team defeated Serbia *and* France. It seems they would've defeated this US as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle View Post
                This Argentina team by far isn't as talented as the Ginobili/Nocioni/Scola teams from 2000-2006, but man, they are showing so much heart and aggressiveness. Campaazzo is unbelievable, you just can't get rid of him and they show you what team play can achieve. Everyone knows his role.

Scola deserves this so much, he has always been there for Argentina, during his NBA days and even played all these Pan-American games with some role players.
                I think you are wrong. This team can't compare with the previous generation. i.e this team lacks good inside presence (Oberto, Wolkowyski, Scola) comparing with the previous one. I agree though that they play with heart and aggressiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                  There, fixed it :P
                  With other words, France and Greece. Two cases hardly can make a rule

Comment

I think you are wrong. This team can't compare with the previous generation. i.e this team lacks good inside presence (Oberto, Wolkowyski, Scola) comparing with the previous one. I agree though that they play with heart and aggressiveness.
                    reread what he wrote. you guys are saying the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
                      reread what he wrote. you guys are saying the same thing.
                      i missed a word (n't)

Comment

Argentina have made this a fantastic tournament. And a fantastic advertisement for basketball. Skill and teamwork able to defeat size and athleticism. Awesome to watch the last couple of games.

Comment

Predictably after hitting everything vs USA Fournier couldnt hit a rock in the sea.This allowed Argentina to pack the paint easily.Never underesrimate the no pressure effect of teams when playing against USA.

Comment

Congratulations to Argentina! Campazzo, grandpa Scola and the boys made my day! 39 years old for the good old Luis and he's still there giving nightmares to the other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                              With other words, France and Greece. Two cases hardly can make a rule
                              I like to think of emojis as supercharged punctuation
                              (Talking about the “:P” at the end of my post)
                              3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Think it's a bit of overconfidence of France after the US win coupled with thinking the ARG win over Serbia was a fluke. I don't think they'll catch Spain off guard, though. But it'd be a shame losing in a final after beating France and Serbia so I will root for them

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information