Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QuarterFinals] The USA - France

Sep 11, Wednesday; 7:00pm China time; 1:00pm CET

is this the toughest game for the US yet? I think it is. What do you expect?
    the USA wins comfortably
    0%
    the USA wins after a close game
    0%
    France wins comfortably
    0%
    France wins after a close game
    0%
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

France is my pick.
    Sorry USA, they are just too tall and physical for your scrawny team

Comment

Can go either way, but among all the remaining teams I think France is the worst possible matchup for Team USA.

Comment

France is taking this. +12 for France. Quote me after the game.

Comment

I am still confident the US will win this game. Tatum probably will play and France doesn’t have enough scoring. Batum and Gobert don’t scare me at all offensively and I think we will limit Fournier and De Colo enough. They don’t have enough fire power to beat us.

The USA-Serbia semifinal will be the Gold medal game, and that game is a toss up.
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
            I am still confident the US will win this game. Tatum probably will play and France doesn’t have enough scoring. Batum and Gobert don’t scare me at all offensively and I think we will limit Fournier and De Colo enough. They don’t have enough fire power to beat us.

The USA-Serbia semifinal will be the Gold medal game, and that game is a toss up.
            Against US you really have to show character, which Serbia has and France i don't think so but we will se. It has to be personal enough of this US constant domination LETS GO !!! Les Bleus !!!
            Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
            FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
            FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

I'm supporting France heavily but I think they have very slim change. Australia is only team that has guards who can match USA's and even they need extremely good day. That slim change is that if France will have red hot shooting day and USA shows something similar that they had against Turkey, then we'll have ball game. It is huge disappointment but USA's going to win it again.

Comment

I just want De Colo to get to İstanbul safe and sound, but I feel like Gobert will be a pain in the ass for USA and it won't be an easy game
                Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Heurtel would do some good for France in this game.
                  He was key in that 2014 QF against Spain. That one was also Gobert's breakout game.

For this one the recipe is pretty much the same. Keep it a low-scoring game and France will have a shot at winning it. Doesn't look impossible.
                  Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

France would have beaten the Aussies if Baynes hadn't gone Steph Curry from 3 lol.
                    If Gobert plays heavy minutes and avoids foul trouble, they can really clog that paint and make it hard for the US. if I was coaching France, I'm forcing this US squad to beat me from 3, which is a solid risk to take in an elimination game.
                    Batum may be a little washed up, but he's still a talented scorer capable of going off when determined. I mean, look at what Varejao did today... He looked like he was in his prime again.
                    Fournier and De Colo lit it up today. Not sure they will replicate that performance in the QFs, but will definitely cause trouble.
                    IMO France is a tougher matchup for this US squad than Serbia because they have that defensive anchor in Gobert and 2-3 very capable scorers.

Comment

I dont remember of tournament where in knock out phase wasnt surprise .Slovenia on Eurobasket 2017, Australia and Serbia Olympics 2016 ,Lithuania on Eurobasket 2015, Serbia on World Cup 2014,France and Lithuania Eurobasket 2013,Russia Olympics 2012 . On this World Cup potentially surprises are win of France against Usa,Czechia or Argentina placed in semi-final.Since semi-final ,only Australia could win Usa,what isnt pretty possible . Though ,if wouldnt surprise in quarter-final ,no many chances will be in continuation of tournament .On predictions I put France and Argentina,I think at leasto ne of them will win .I wish to be France,but basketball dont play due my wishes .If France win against Usa,France probably win World Cup ,Serbia,Spain,Argentina, would be in underdog situation ,Austrlaia still win once,what is more difficult to win twice and Australia probably will fail how tournament lasts .

Comment

France is a very good matchup for Team USA.

France is like the "Team USA" of Europe in playstyle, being the most athletic european team and this being their biggest advantage. France won't have this advantage vs USA, I expect an easy 8-15 point win for Team USA.
                        "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

I have a feeling that France has the potential to upset the US. Americans are just very far away from being the dominant team they used to be in the last few tournaments and they are far from being unbeatable.
                          Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
                          Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle View Post
                            France is a very good matchup for Team USA.

France is like the "Team USA" of Europe in playstyle, being the most athletic european team and this being their biggest advantage. France won't have this advantage vs USA, I expect an easy 8-15 point win for Team USA.
                            This is one quite old trope. France has all the tools to give hell to Team USA. Not saying they will win, but it's certainly not a good matchup. They have ballhandlers used to NBA speed and defences (Ntlikina, De Colo, Fournier), they have good shooters to prevent the americans to collapse the middle, and they have the top defensive center in the world to protect the rim and snatch rebounds. The biggest weapon in this tournament for Team USA has been their ability to get second chances and outrebound all opponents. Won't be that easy against France.

Comment

I wonder how many Serbian fans will be openly rooting for the USA (or at least openly rooting against the French)
                              Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information