• Argentina wins comfortably

3 14.29%
  • Argentina wins after a close game

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [QuarterFinals] Argentina - Serbia

Default [QuarterFinals] Argentina - Serbia

Sep 10th, 7:00pm China time, 1:00 pm CET
    The first quarter-final match-up is set.

Is there fuel in Argentina's tank to cause for another upset for Serbia?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

I predict three quarters of a cat and mouse game. Then something like a 12-0 run for Serbia and a win obviously.

First time a team has tanked to get on the same side of the bracket as the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Argentina keeps it close into the third then Serbia pulls away.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Is Jokic playing?
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 TBL Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

I'm personally going for an "upset" here - those pesky experienced argies just know how to win these international elimination games

Jokic, Milutinov, Marjanovic, Raduljica and Bjelica vs. Scola*. I think there's no contest here.

*Sure, Argentina has Delia, Galizzi and Caffaro as well. That's 15 fouls among all of them. And maybe a couple points, with any luck.

Is this Facundo Campazzo's song? Sign me up for a 30 points 10 assists game
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Sure Serbia is the favourite here but an upset is possible knowing the Argies
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

I think both this and Poland-Spain game will be boring beatdowns.Those first two groups where POL and ARG played were very weak.

Campazzo is just 180 cm, Micic and Jovic are 200 cm, seems to be a huge advantage, but Facu is really strong and one of the best thieves in FIBA.

Also Vildoza and Laprovittola should have a good day in the SG position, Garino is shooting well and Deck has improve a lot this summer, he can even shot from 3pt. Scola post game is also dangerous, the best fit is Jokic in the C position. Luifa can shot from midrange.

Argentina has had the easiest schedule possible, thus far. It looks like they will face a similar reality check that Serbia experienced vs Spain, with the only exception being that it will result in their elimination. I've always admired Argentina's style of play and competitiveness, but I'm afraid that only a complete meltdown by Serbia can keep this one close.

I don’t why, I feel Argentina will win by small margin. It’s just a feeling. Serbia is favorite one. I will be cheering for Argentins because of Luis Scola. Old wolf is still balling.

It’s a fact that Argentina got easy draw so far.

A team that Serbia will have huge problems with because of their teams constitution. But the funny thing is that we are the worst possible matchup for them, too. Usually I would go for a clear win for us here but I think that all this summer there happened that many strange things that a upset here is possible. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to the last 5 minutes and Serbia loses nerves. If we pull away I don't think that Argentina has quality to hunt us down the lane.

Djordjevic has to prove that he matured as a coach. A thing in that noone really has trust here.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    A team that Serbia will have huge problems with because of their teams constitution. But the funny thing is that we are the worst possible matchup for them, too. Usually I would go for a clear win for us here but I think that all this summer there happened that many strange things that a upset here is possible. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to the last 5 minutes and Serbia loses nerves. If we pull away I don't think that Argentina has quality to hunt us down the lane.

Djordjevic has to prove that he matured as a coach. A thing in that noone really has trust here.
    Serbia is very deep and there are some advantages of serbias side in the matchups. The Argentinian guards are too disadvantaged smaller than the serbian. Scola never runs back and a Milutinov is too athletic etc. I dont think Argentina can endanger Serbia truly.

Serbia has in 1 one 1 matchups maybe 11 positive ones. But single matchups unfortunately don't play basketball otherwise we would be World Champions this year which is ulikely to happen.

I watched two of their games until now and think that their pace and space offense, their multiple handoffs and guard rotations can do damage to us, especially as some of their bigs shoot clean out of half distance and as Darrell wrote also from 3pts. When our bigs are getting out of their soft spots they have huge troubles, all except Milutinov who is a defensive monster in all situations except 1 one 1 against good penetrating guards after missmatch switches.

Serbia had huge problems with a 1 - 4 zone that Spain played against Bogdan and with a 1 - 2 - 1 zone. We needed 15 minutes to adapt, afterwards it looked much better. Jokic has to learn that it's crucial not to lose nerves if he can't receive ball in the high post at his favourite position (Rudy did a fantastic job against him there, just saw a Croatian guy showing some video details about this - didn't realize that it was that fantastic during the game). The question is if Argentina has the capacity to play this lockdown defense and defensive variations, if they have the possibility to pin and fake blocks in offense? I think they do but surely not on Spain's level. Scariolo executed the Raptor's defensive playbook vs. Bogdan that they used vs. Giannis :-) Funny thing is that Bogdan was the only one who scored without any major problems even he was exhausted and what hasn't been mentioned missed two key closeout in Spain's great series where they went on a run (Juancho and Llull's open threes, de facto 3 because he was also guarding Ricky at Ricky's first three). CoachZ mentioned that people try to work Bogdan to death and so he cannot provide in defense which he can play very good and strong. Spain realized that perfectly. Again - can Argentina do the same? I don't know.

If we are trying again 1 big 4 "small" rotations against Argentinians and get outrebounded I suggest that Djordjevic gets fired instantly in China without a right to come back to Serbia A 5 that could hurt Argentina a lot is Jovic - Bogdanovic - Guduric - Bjelica - Milutinov. By the way one which looked tremendous vs. Italy which plays a little less organized but simmilar to Argentina but which we haven't seen out of some just for Sale known reason.

Argentina won't go down without a fight, but Serbia's size (and overall talent) will prove too much to handle.
    Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

After how Spain played, I would be surprised if Argentina wouldn't try with switching between few versions of zone defense. The game will largely depend on the quality of that zone and Serbian response to it. Argentina could limit their opponents inside advantage, but I didn't like their offense in 2nd half vs. Russia, which unless was a fluke/russian D/ my perception after watching them only those 20 minutes... I don't think it's possible to progress into the semi's with an offense like that.

Personaly, I'd devote Campazzo in the first quarter on getting Jović into foul trouble, no matter the TO's or some occasional trip out of the coach's scheme. The faster he gets the 2nd and 3rd foul, the easier the game would get for Argentina. F.e. denying the ball to Micić and potentialy make Bogdanović bring the ball upcourt
    2nd, pushing the ball forward asap & forcing half-fast breaks whenever possible if rebounding wouldn't be too much of an issue.

As far as Serbia goes, everything has been said before. Jokić creating from C, Bjelica on PF, with a small lineup they'll have a notably better chances to respond on Argentina packing the paint and if they repeatedly break their zone, I don't believe Argentina would be that much of a challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Unlike some who thinking that Serbia will solve game with series ,could be opposite.Actually,one of aims for Argentina is their pace and potentially series and how will Serbia bear problems on that ? Argentina couldnt win on positional play and conventional plan.Some details will probably decide . For example,will Argentina high players going in problem with fouls ,will some join to Bogdanovic on position pg or sf and what will be percent free throws of Serbia ?

I don't understand the love of djorjevic with radulica

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast