Classification Round (All Groups)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classification Round (All Groups)

We don't need an individual thread for each group but there are Olympic places at stake so we should have something.

Group M
    Nigeria 1-2 +24
    China 1-2 -1
    Cote d'Ivoire 0-3 -48
    Korea 0-3 -82

Nigeria-China game could have both the African and Asian Olympic spots on the line. I wouldn't totally count out Korea's chances of beating China.

Group N
    Tunisia 1-2 -30
    Angola 1-2 -74
    Iran 0-3 -22
    Philippines 0-3 -108

Tunisia probably needs to win both games considering their point differential compared to Nigeria. They split with Angola in qualifying, but Tunisia won by 20 in the game where they had their full team. Iran with a reasonable chance of winning both games and contending for the Asian Olympic slot.

Group O
    Turkey 1-2 3
    New Zealand 1-2 -4
    Montenegro 0-3 -46
    Japan 0-3 -85

Only OQT places on the line in this group. Japan got a rough draw this tournament.

Group P
    Germany 1-2 28
    Canada 1-2 -17
    Jordan 0-3 -77
    Senegal 0-3 -89

Not much to play for here, since Canada is a lock for the OQT now and Jordan and Senegal are so far behind on point differential. All Germany needs to do is avoid a collapse against Senegal.
    Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Finishers 17-21 will at least go to the OQT. Which means all the 1st place finishers will automatically qualify for the OQT or Olympics.

Right now at least the best second place finisher goes to the OQT, but given the Asia/Africa qualifier will definitely claim at least 1 of the 1st place finishes, the second best second place finisher should qualify as well.

Right now I think it's Nigeria vs. Tunisia for Africa, and China vs Iran for Asia.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

If Nigeria and Philippines finishes 17-21 i their group tehir qualified right? no more tie break complication on both korea or china?
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Games done for today.

Africa

Nigeria: 2-2 +41
        Tunisia: 2-2 -11
        (Senegal yet to play though they have Germany to play)

Nigeria vs. China, Tunisia vs. Angola. Not easy for either team but massive PD advantage for Nigeria, so if they win they're in.

Asia
        China 2-2 +3
        Iran 1-3 -13
        (Jordan yet to play but need to beat Canada)

China has the both the record and PD, but they also have the tougher opponent. Win they're in, but Iran will likely be a heavy favorite vs Philippines and can likely make up that PD.
        Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Tunisia has clinched Group N, so they are guaranteed at least an OQT spot.
          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
            Tunisia has clinched Group N, so they are guaranteed at least an OQT spot.
            I think you are wrong. i.e. If Angola wins and Philippines beat Iran, then Angola wins the group.

Comment

few days ago our chance for the Olympics was something like 1%, but now it's something like 30%. still lots of things should happen in other games. but what our players can do is to beat the Philippines by 15pts margin. and then we need some help from Tunisia and then Nigeria.

I wonder if our Filipino friends will play a bit soft on Sunday. after all we are good friends, aren't we ?

btw, Angola was weak today, Iran could easily make up that PD today but then the 2nd quarter was a nightmare, Iran didn't score a single point for 7 minutes !

Comment

Originally posted by soulis79 View Post
                I think you are wrong. i.e. If Angola wins and Philippines beat Iran, then Angola wins the group.
                You're right. Got mixed up on who Tunisia had already played.

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                  few days ago our chance for the Olympics was something like 1%, but now it's something like 30%. still lots of things should happen in other games. but what our players can do is to beat the Philippines by 15pts margin. and then we need some help from Tunisia and then Nigeria.

I wonder if our Filipino friends will play a bit soft on Sunday. after all we are good friends, aren't we ?

btw, Angola was weak today, Iran could easily make up that PD today but then the 2nd quarter was a nightmare, Iran didn't score a single point for 7 minutes !
                  Now Iran NT has 99.99% chance to represent Asia to take part in Olympics.Congratulations! Btw,our team is a disaster in these days.

Comment

Originally posted by McCalebb2015 View Post
                    Now Iran NT has 99.99% chance to represent Asia to take part in Olympics.Congratulations! Btw,our team is a disaster in these days.
                    What's happening with Yi? He looks kinda lost in last few games, less aggressive, maybe some health issues, I remember he was injured during preparations. Damn, he is screwing my manager team big time

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                      What's happening with Yi? He looks kinda lost in last few games, less aggressive, maybe some health issues, I remember he was injured during preparations. Damn, he is screwing my manager team big time
                      Yi was injured in the game with Poland.I wouldn’t be that hard on him,and he has done all one can.

Comment

Originally posted by McCalebb2015 View Post
                        Yi was injured in the game with Poland.I wouldn’t be that hard on him,and he has done all one can.
                        Damn, if only I knew about it earlier... That changes a lot of course and explains it all. Thnx for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                          Damn, if only I knew about it earlier... That changes a lot of course and explains it all. Thnx for the info
                          Maybe the game with Nigeria NT is the last game for Yi in China NT.

Comment

TUR w/o Ilyasova today. Terrible start.

Comment

24 Threes for Canada against Jordan. World Cup record?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information