18 90.00%
  • Lithuania (2-1)

10 50.00%
  • Dominican Republic (2-1)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [2nd Round] Group L: FRA-AUS-LTU-DOM

It's painfull to be eliminated like that, referies was watching replay in 2 querter in meaningles moment like 5 minutes..
    40 seconds left in 4 querter when entire our team is shouting it's illegal gobert move... they don't even go to check...
    Last edited by Shawshank; 09-07-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRager View Post
    You are just another lithuanian SHEEP. "Don't say nothing, don't do nothing, nothing will change bla bla bla". You NEED to say something, you NEED to DO something, otherwise nothing will change.
    Yes, you are ,,right"". Press conference speech after the game is the ,,main" thing. After this speech i can truly say that we are the true ,,heart"champions, but nothing more.

Just like I've predicted two days ago, we are out of tournament after France game - no amount of moaning and blaming the refs will change the fact that this coach is simply incapable of winning tight games against quality opposition. It's time to move on by hiring a new head coach and changing the whole mental set up of the tean

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Yeah cause when euroleague refs were there everything was fine or refereeing is fine in euroleague and noone complains,right?

FYI the worst robery of recent years in international basketball was Spain-Australia in bronze medal game where the first referee and main responsible was Belosevic a favorite of Euroleague in the last decade.

Bball is a hard sport to officiate,we got to accept that and move on.One bad call,and this Gobert interference was definitely a bad call doesnt mean a team was robbed if the calls in the rest of the game werent lopsided.
    I invite you to rewatch who was the referee who did that bad call on that game.

Euroleague refs are not so bad (of course they are bad) and they are honest (Panther told in an interview that the tech foul she called on Laso at the F4 was a mistake).

And Gobert (who complaibed about refs in 2015) touched the rim really clearly.

You knew Lithuania was gonna fight back and go down swinging. Very unlucky ending with bad officiating and a couple of lucky rim rolls by Fournier and De Colo.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Quote Originally Posted by soulis79 View Post
    I think Lithuania is the perfect candidate to organise one of the pre-Olympic tournaments.
    Hopefully not. There are far more important things to spent millions for than to give it to FIBA.
    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    What can change cries after the game? Nobody cares loosers.
    Yes, it was obvious robbery, but the game is 40 minutes, not the last one. Where was our genious coach and players in first 30 minutes? Classical LT story.. when the asses are burning, dudes are starting to play, but like always in the end is the same story again and again... This coach has no winning mentality, no charisma, no experience. The only thing what he can is just cry after the game. Hope the last time.
    The last three tournaments are slowly exposing our true place in Basketball, our Lithuanian grind and work ethics can only go so far you need some pure talent. Until we dont return with some world class guards to these major tournaments its always gonna be the same story, we will put up a good fight but will lose in the end.
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Modis View Post
    The last three tournaments are slowly exposing our true place in Basketball, our Lithuanian grind and work ethics can only go so far you need some pure talent. Until we dont return with some world class guards to these major tournaments its always gonna be the same story, we will put up a good fight but will lose in the end.
    It is obvious what our last dream team was in 2003 - 2004. 2007 and 2008 was also very talented. After Saras - Macijauskas - Siska - Stombergas it is a big difference. But somehow, we still managed to grab 2010 world bronze, 2013 and 2015 silver in EC, 2014 WC 4th place. Players weren't so talented as before but they had a coaches with clear system and knew what to do. Now two champs in a row we fail to make top 8. Fuckin top 8....

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    You knew Lithuania was gonna fight back and go down swinging. Very unlucky ending with bad officiating and a couple of lucky rim rolls by Fournier and De Colo.
    Actually I think that Ltu had a lot of luck before this bad call. Some lucky offense rebounds after turnovers, Maciulis triple, lucky shot from Jonas etc. Also foul from Furnier on Sabonis in last minute was doubtful.

Anyway fun game. France is dangerous but PG position and bench overall is not so good at all. They would be more dangerous with Huertel and Moerman.

Ltu is top8 team for sure but draw was cruel for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Bball is a hard sport to officiate,we got to accept that and move on.One bad call,and this Gobert interference was definitely a bad call doesnt mean a team was robbed if the calls in the rest of the game werent lopsided.
    you are right it's a hard job, but there are bad calls.. and then there are calls like this... unbelievable, and should unforgivable imho, to miss this.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Refs check the replay for way less. It's borderline "on purpose" to let this go.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

LTU got robbed - terrible non-call on Gobert interference

The details always get lost in the we got robbed the refs decided the game arguments. If the right call is made then Lithuania is up 1 with 20 seconds left and French Ball. I don’t know what happens and who wins in that scenario.
    It was a bad call that went against Lithuania and put them in a huge disadvantage but it didn’t decide the game.
    They could have stopped De Colo from scoring and then scored themselves to win the game. For me the ref bad call decides a game when you don’t have the opportunity to recover from it, Lithuania still was alive.

The details always get lost in the we got robbed the refs decided the game arguments. If the right call is made then Lithuania is up 1 with 20 seconds left and French Ball. I don’t know what happens and who wins in that scenario.
    It was a bad call that went against Lithuania and put them in a huge disadvantage but it didn’t decide the game.
    They could have stopped De Colo from scoring and then scored themselves to win the game. For me the ref bad call decides a game when you don’t have the opportunity to recover from it, Lithuania still was alive.
    It's huge difference when you have -2 and you have -3. If that FT was counted, we had -2 in the last possession. It's one way to ho after three points and two, it's a day and night. I would say that decision was the key.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

I wasn't able to see the game unfortunately, so I would appreciate if anyone can sum up how De Colo played. I only saw his winner
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    It's huge difference when you have -2 and you have -3. If that FT was counted, we had -2 in the last possession. It's one way to ho after three points and two, it's a day and night. I would say that decision was the key.
    Like I said it was a big call and put you in a disadvantage, but I can come up with countless scenarios in which you can still win the game, the easiest being the one I mentioned above. I can’t see how anyone can say that it decided the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRager View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=381875709163965

Biggest respect to Adomaitis. Finally somebody fucking said something.
    And press conference with Adomaitis has been deleted. What a shameful organisation FIBA is and so bad it has to do with my beloved sport. I feel bad.

In a way refs put France under the fire as well. Now they have to predend that everything was legal and they won fair and square while they did not, but not because of their fault. It wasn't the only moment which took points of ours. JV under the rim shooting and he gets fouled, but refs silent, he grabs rebound after his own miss and scores with another foul and refs call it. But instead 2+1, the play which they called, they actually fixated the previous situation when they didn't whistle. It's hilarous at what level these games are being handled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like I said it was a big call and put you in a disadvantage, but I can come up with countless scenarios in which you can still win the game, the easiest being the one I mentioned above. I can’t see how anyone can say that it decided the game.
    Yup, but that's still huuugeee. It's not like some random mistake. They take away -1 for you with a minute to go. Come on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    And press conference with Adomaitis has been deleted. What a shameful organisation FIBA is and so bad it has to do with my beloved sport. I feel bad.
    I watched it, I like it. Bullshit must be called out
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast