• GRE (2-1)

12 38.71%
  • CZE (2-1)

1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [2nd Round] Group K: USA-BRA-GRE-CZE

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post

My (American) wife has already started with the trash-talking. I need this win to keep me going for at least 2 years
    That’s great. Just remind her about 2006 and how the odds were slimmer then than now.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    I think the chances that Greece beats usa are bigger than brazil loses to Czechs
    I am not buying into Brazil. I think Czechs have an excellent chance of beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    I am not buying into Brazil. I think Czechs have an excellent chance of beating them.
    I dont even consider a chance of 5%. I insist of my point of view a very limited team that just knows how to play together with clear roles of any player what is really precious.

I dont even consider a chance of 5%.
    And what chances in terms of percentages you had for Czech Republic beating Turkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    From my perspective: I think the Greeks have gigantic psychological issues at this moment and they are a way better team than they presented themselves.
    Your comment made it all clear to me. It was like a big moment of enlightment. Its all a huge conspiracy.

Americans gave the regular season MVP title to Giannis having this tournament in mind. When all these NBA stars canceled their participation in team USA they became nervous and planned a perfidious plan to destroy greek psychology. Americans gave him the MVP title even though they knew that Giannis cannot shoot the three, cannot successfully end his penetration against defense and has zero court vision because they wanted to increase pressure on Greece when the MVP is playing in their team. The knew that Giannis will suck big time under FIBA rules and without defensive 3 second violation and that this fact will lead to a mental breakdown of all greek players and the complete coaching stuff. I have to say: "Well done"! I am sure there is a mole in the greek team feeding CIA with information.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaliaBalta View Post
    And what chances in terms of percentages you had for Czech Republic beating Turkey?
    Maybe 30 to 70% and it has nothing to do with being butthurt. Congrats to the czechs. They played at their max. They deserved it. We were tired, badly prepared, afraid of losing a bunch of chicken would be more organized but Brazil consists of experienced player. If it was in the semi final i would have had some questionmarks about their tank but not in the second round.

So Brazil-Czech Republic is the early game on Saturday so if Brazil wins immense pressure on Greece, if the Czech win Greece can play a lot looser.
    I don't get it. Greece must win both games to advance in either case, regardless of Brazil does in the other game.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I don't get it. Greece must win both games to advance in either case, regardless of Brazil does in the other game.
    If the czechs defeats brazil, it could be enough just to beat the czechs premised usa win all their games.

If we assume that USA beats everybody, Czech beats Brazil, Greece beats Czech we will have 3-way tie I think.

So if Brazil loses, there is a scenario in which Greece might qualify even if we lose to the USA.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

If the czechs defeats brazil, it could be enough just to beat the czechs premised usa win all their games.
    If we assume that USA beats everybody, Czech beats Brazil, Greece beats Czech we will have 3-way tie I think.

So if Brazil loses, there is a scenario in which Greece might qualify even if we lose to the USA.
    yeah, got it. Since the Brazil loss was only -1, it's safe to say Greece will have a serious advantage in a 3-way tie. Thanks.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

yeah, got it. Since the Brazil loss was only -1, it's safe to say Greece will have a serious advantage in a 3-way tie. Thanks.
    I actually don't know what the tie-breakers are. Is it just general point differential? or point differential against the tying teams?

I actually don't know what the tie-breakers are. Is it just general point differential? or point differential against the tying teams?
    against tying teams.

So losses to USA doesnt matter for any team. You can lose to USA with -50 and it wont affect you.

If USA wins it’s games and Czech loses to Greece but beats Brazil its point differential in the games involving the three and you throw out the USA margins.

against tying teams.

So losses to USA doesnt matter for any team. You can lose to USA with -50 and it wont affect you.
    I see, thanks.

Edit:
    If USA wins it’s games and Czech loses to Greece but beats Brazil its point differential in the games involving the three and you throw out the USA margins.
    Gotcha, I hadn't seen your reply.
    Last edited by paspalj; 09-05-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Mysterious statment from Coach S. after the Kiwi game: "Giannis is important (and equally important is) also his health. Giannis health should not be affected because otherwise he will not be in the team" (bracket content is mine)
    Any interpretation?

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    Mysterious statment from Coach S. after the Kiwi game: "Giannis is important (equally important) is his health. Giannis health should not be affected because otherwise he will not be in the team"
    Any interpretation?
    I think he means that Giannis mustnt be exploited. Otherwise he wont play. With other words I cant overload him.

Yeah that is a strange statement. He might mean that if Greece is eliminated he will limit him in the classification games ?

Or does this indicate that there are discussions going on in the background or even some restrictions or conditions enforced by the Bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    Or does this indicate that there are discussions going on in the background or even some restrictions or conditions enforced by the Bucks?
    The Bucks can’t enforce anything. It’s Giannis decision.

If I had to guess it’s Giannis telling the coach that if we get eliminated since participating in the Olympic qualifying tournament is a given he doesn’t want to play in the classification games.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast