• GRE (2-1)

12 38.71%
  • CZE (2-1)

1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [2nd Round] Group K: USA-BRA-GRE-CZE

Default [2nd Round] Group K: USA-BRA-GRE-CZE

Coming in we thought this was going to be a showdown between USA and Greece, instead that's the lead match. Not sure how many expected the Czech Republic to be here, and though we might have expected Brazil to be here not sure how many had them undefeated.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

This can be decided on Saturday if USA beats Greece and Brazil beats Czech Republic.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

These tournaments sometimes are really unfair. Loosing all hope on quarterfinal participation due to an 1 point loss in the first group stage is very cruel! A real greek tragedy.

Fasoulaki, I hope your players won't have that childish approach. Travel - sleep - train - play the best you can. Crying won't help at all at this moment.

Congratulations to this character victory.

Fingers crossed.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

USA-Greece will definitely be competitive. No Jayson Tatum could prove costly. I would give most of his minutes to Brown instead of Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Fasoulaki, I hope your players won't have that childish approach. Travel - sleep - train - play the best you can. Crying won't help at all at this moment.
    Congratulations to this character victory.
    You should know your greek cousines well enough to know what cry babys they are.

As a neutral guy I will support the neighbour from now on but my heart is also with the grandpas from brazil. They intimidated Greece with hard defense. Greece! Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    USA-Greece will definitely be competitive. No Jayson Tatum could prove costly. I would give most of his minutes to Brown instead of Barnes.
    Yeah, lets hope it will be a good game. Tatum -for me- is the US' top player so it will be interesting to see how his presence will be replaced in both ends of the court.

The way the Greek defense works though I can easily see the US having 15 3s at halftime

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    These tournaments sometimes are really unfair. Loosing all hope on quarterfinal participation due to an 1 point loss in the first group stage is very cruel! A real greek tragedy.
    Then try to imagine what we have lived through. 9 fucking seconds before end unsportsmanlike 2 fouls + ball and you lose.

From my perspective: I think the Greeks have gigantic psychological issues at this moment and they are a way better team than they presented themselves. This victory was huge and I really expect that they give the US a really really really good dance.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    Yeah, lets hope it will be a good game. Tatum -for me- is the US' top player so it will be interesting to see how his presence will be replaced in both ends of the court.

The way the Greek defense works though I can easily see the US having 15 3s at halftime
    If Marcus Smart doesn’t play that’s big too. Those two guys if out really makes it a closer game.

From my perspective: I think the Greeks have gigantic psychological issues at this moment and they are a way better team than they presented themselves. This victory was huge and I really expect that they give the US a really really really good dance.
    I respect NZ but I wouldn't consider it "huge". We were the favorite and we won. Additionally, we had to fight harder than one would expect. So I don't know, I'm not convinced yet.

My big hope against the US is that they are not used to playing "tight" defense so Giannis will be able to find some room to play his game.

So Brazil-Czech Republic is the early game on Saturday so if Brazil wins immense pressure on Greece, if the Czech win Greece can play a lot looser.

@Zarko: What I meant...It was do or die literally. I think those games are very dangerous. Of course from a psychological aspect, that you are a better team is out of any discussion to me.

If Marcus Smart doesn’t play that’s big too. Those two guys if out really makes it a closer game.
    There is no PG right?

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    There is no PG right?
    His defense would be missed big time. I am not worried about the offense.

@Zarko: What I meant...It was do or die literally. I think those games are very dangerous. Of course from a psychological aspect, that you are a better team is out of any discussion to me.
    Honestly the upcoming games pack more pressure for the greek team I believe. Not only because we are facing the mighty USA but losing will be devastating as we will be faced with elimination which would mean a complete failure for this tournament.

So Brazil-Czech Republic is the early game on Saturday so if Brazil wins immense pressure on Greece, if the Czech win Greece can play a lot looser.
    Oh man, I just saw that the Brazil game is at 4.30am!

His defense would be missed big time. I am not worried about the offense.
    My (American) wife has already started with the trash-talking. I need this win to keep me going for at least 2 years

Greece very bad defence till now, I think that chances against USA are very low. So Brasil-Czech republic will be decisive, if Brasil loses Greece could still obtain the qualification.

I think the chances that Greece beats usa are bigger than brazil loses to Czechs

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast