[2nd Round] Group K: USA-BRA-GRE-CZE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
    yeah, got it. Since the Brazil loss was only -1, it's safe to say Greece will have a serious advantage in a 3-way tie. Thanks.
    I actually don't know what the tie-breakers are. Is it just general point differential? or point differential against the tying teams?
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post
      I actually don't know what the tie-breakers are. Is it just general point differential? or point differential against the tying teams?
      against tying teams.

So losses to USA doesnt matter for any team. You can lose to USA with -50 and it wont affect you.

Comment

If USA wins it’s games and Czech loses to Greece but beats Brazil its point differential in the games involving the three and you throw out the USA margins.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
          against tying teams.

So losses to USA doesnt matter for any team. You can lose to USA with -50 and it wont affect you.
          I see, thanks.

Edit:
          Originally posted by usagre View Post
          If USA wins it’s games and Czech loses to Greece but beats Brazil its point differential in the games involving the three and you throw out the USA margins.
          Gotcha, I hadn't seen your reply.
          Last edited by paspalj; 09-05-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Mysterious statment from Coach S. after the Kiwi game: "Giannis is important (and equally important is) also his health. Giannis health should not be affected because otherwise he will not be in the team" (bracket content is mine)
            Any interpretation?
            You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
              Mysterious statment from Coach S. after the Kiwi game: "Giannis is important (equally important) is his health. Giannis health should not be affected because otherwise he will not be in the team"
              Any interpretation?
              I think he means that Giannis mustnt be exploited. Otherwise he wont play. With other words I cant overload him.

Comment

Yeah that is a strange statement. He might mean that if Greece is eliminated he will limit him in the classification games ?

Comment

Or does this indicate that there are discussions going on in the background or even some restrictions or conditions enforced by the Bucks?
                  You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
                    Or does this indicate that there are discussions going on in the background or even some restrictions or conditions enforced by the Bucks?
                    The Bucks can’t enforce anything. It’s Giannis decision.

Comment

If I had to guess it’s Giannis telling the coach that if we get eliminated since participating in the Olympic qualifying tournament is a given he doesn’t want to play in the classification games.

Comment

If I had to guess it’s Giannis telling the coach that if we get eliminated since participating in the Olympic qualifying tournament is a given he doesn’t want to play in the classification games.
                        Although it seems that the most probable scenario for Greece is the classification games, it's really unlikely he made a statement on what is giannis status in classifications, before the elimination.
                        Still i can't find a proper interpretation.

Comment

I don't get this, if Greece is eliminated in this round there aren't any classification games through 9-16. They're just 3rd place in group is ranked in the 9-12 placings, and 4th is in the 13-16 placings.

I suppose he could be talking if they're eliminated in the third round? But why bring that up now?
                          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

I think that he meant future tournaments but I can't tell. As in, "If he gets hurt now, or if this significantly impacts his NBA performance they are not going to let him come back".

Even in greek his statement doesn't make much sense.

Comment

I think that he meant future tournaments but I can't tell. As in, "If he gets hurt now, or if this significantly impacts his NBA performance they are not going to let him come back".
                              I hate that line of thinking because it’s so wrong. They are not going to let him come back? Who isn’t going to let him ?
                              It’s all about what Giannis wants to do. He has all the say unless at the time of the tournament he is obviously injured.
                              The Bucks are gonna play hardball with Giannis ? He can walk and play anywhere he wants to.

Comment

On Saturday Greece will try to join Argentina as the only team to beat USA/NBA teams twice. And since their last loss was to Greece they will try to become the first team to hand the US consecutive losses.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information