20 64.52%
  • GRE (2-1)

12 38.71%
  • CZE (2-1)

1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [2nd Round] Group K: USA-BRA-GRE-CZE

Hey usagre..remember the discussion about the score in the Japan game?69 points.When was the last time an american team scores that little?Wtf is Popovich trying to do.He has team USA playing like a generic european team.No comparison to 2010 team.They looked like Warriors compared to this mess.A disgraceful performance again.But hey he'll cancel the practise tomorrow like he did yesterday i guess so that NBA owners dont complain

Ugly game, but I have to accept this team is a slower paced defensive squad, without the explosive power of previous US teams.

Greece was just bad. Giannis without shooters around him just doesn't resemble the player he is in the NBA. Too easy to prepare for and defend.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

The Greek team obviously lacks some chemistry. They scored over 100 points two days ago against New Zealand. It is difficult for a team to score many points again. Not while defending so hard. We can only hope that some shots go in against the Czechs. But right now its seems very difficult for Greece.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Senior Member Demetrios I. Soter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    I don’t understand how you can be faced with one of the biggest challenges of your career and just not show up. They play as if they are bored. Especially Calathes who one would assume has things to prove.
    Yes the team has a bad attitude or low self-confidence as a team and every player played under their possibilities. That Giannis does not play at all in the 4 quarter shows that they didnt believed in a victory or even to get it to a close game. they have already given up in 3 quarter. Well, I dream for Pitino as a coach.

If someone told me before the game that the US would score 70 points I would never imagine that we wouldn’t win.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    The Greek team obviously lacks some chemistry. They scored over 100 points two days ago against New Zealand. It is difficult for a team to score many points again. Not while defending so hard. We can only hope that some shots go in against the Czechs. But right now its seems very difficult for Greece.
    They scored over 100 points -and conceded 97- because New Zealand plays happy, school-yard basketball.
    They also didn't need to score 100 points to win this game, 70 points would do just fine.

Calathes has been terrible, trash, a dumpster fire, but I have to say even his performances beat Papanikolaou's.
    At the moment when he hesitated to shoot a wide open 3 and the sent the next one to the side of the backboard, I hope he considered retirement.

A terrible US beat a terribler Greece and we'll need a ton of luck to beat Czechia -let alone get the point differential- cause they seem to be built to be able to do basic basketball stuff and we aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    Ugly game, but I have to accept this team is a slower paced defensive squad, without the explosive power of previous US teams.

Greece was just bad. Giannis without shooters around him just doesn't resemble the player he is in the NBA. Too easy to prepare for and defend.
    You know when was the last time USA was a slow defensive team?When Popovich was there.No coincidence.This guy shows so much respect to international basketball he wants to turn USA to Prokom Trefl.He would do the same even if he had everyone available.

At some point the US will have a game where they are hot from outside. Hopefully we don't waste it against Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
    Yes the team has a bad attitude or low self-confidence as a team and every player played under their possibilities. That Giannis does not play at all in the 4 quarter shows that they didnt believed in a victory or even to get it to a close game. they have already given up in 3 quarter. Well, I dream for Pitino as a coach.
    I don’t know what’s up. Our players are not top class but they are not bad either. Agreeing with Bob, we need to get rid of Calathes I think and focus more on giving PG responsibilities to a youngster that has playmaking and shooting potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    They scored over 100 points -and conceded 97- because New Zealand plays happy, school-yard basketball.
    They also didn't need to score 100 points to win this game, 70 points would do just fine.

Calathes has been terrible, trash, a dumpster fire, but I have to say even his performances beat Papanikolaou's.
    At the moment when he hesitated to shoot a wide open 3 and the sent the next one to the side of the backboard, I hope he considered retirement.

A terrible US beat a terribler Greece and we'll need a ton of luck to beat Czechia -let alone get the point differential- cause they seem to be built to be able to do basic basketball stuff and we aren't.
    Greece didn't show up today. But what if they did show up and lost 90-89? That would be a worse scenario psychologically. Right now, considering the margin and Greece's performance, the Czechs are the favorites to go to the next round.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

God that was soooo embarrassing!

I don’t know what’s up. Our players are not top class but they are not bad either. Agreeing with Bob, we need to get rid of Calathes I think and focus more on giving PG responsibilities to a youngster that has playmaking and shooting potential.
    Well Moraitis is not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    You know when was the last time USA was a slow defensive team?When Popovich was there.No coincidence.This guy shows so much respect to international basketball he wants to turn USA to Prokom Trefl.He would do the same even if he had everyone available.
    Ha. There is some truth to that.

Are there any young Greek players who are obvious candidates for this role?

I really don’t understand why Giannis and Calathes are playing together? Calathes should play with second unit, 15 minutes/game.
    previously known as Beno

"slow defensive team" is overstating it. We are a little slower paced than 2014 and 2006 but similar to 2010.

2019: 74.5 FGA, 16.8 FTA per game
    2014: 76.6 FGA, 22.1 FTA per game
    2010: 68.7 FGA, 19.6 FTA per game
    2006: 73.3 FGA, 30.3 FTA per game

The big difference is we are a lot less efficient:

2019: .425 FG, .328 3PT
    2014: .524 FG, .403 3PT
    2010: .497 FG, .385 3PT
    2006: .506 FG, .369 3PT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Hey usagre..remember the discussion about the score in the Japan game?69 points.When was the last time an american team scores that little?Wtf is Popovich trying to do.He has team USA playing like a generic european team.No comparison to 2010 team.They looked like Warriors compared to this mess.A disgraceful performance again.But hey he'll cancel the practise tomorrow like he did yesterday i guess so that NBA owners dont complain
    When you know the other team can’t score it tends to effect your shooting as well. This offensive performance was similar to the 70 points they put up against Brazil in 2010. Missing Jayson Tatum was important for this team as well. I don’t know what has happened to Middleton because he look lost out there.

As for Popovich I agree 100% and have been saying for 2 years that I hated his selection as coach.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Ha. There is some truth to that.

No,but i'm sure some baller from Ohio with a great grandfather from Crete will emerge and fill the gap for the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    That's a good question. I don't really know. But I just can't stand what's going on with Calathes. Maybe Sloukas should be our main PG and Calathes be part of the second unit as Bob said. His inefficiency at important games is getting to my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I really don’t understand why Giannis and Calathes are playing together? Calathes should play with second unit, 15 minutes/game.
    According to greek conventional wisdom (ie the Federation and the journalists on its payroll), Calathes is the best point guard in Europe and therefore the obvious choice for the starter role.

According to greek conventional wisdom (ie the Federation and the journalists on its payroll), Calathes is the best point guard in Europe and therefore the obvious choice for the starter role.
    He’s incredibly bad, but to be honest having starters Papa, Papapetrou and Bourousis alongside Calathes is a joke. Greece team is just bad. Giannis cannot play 1/5 in Fiba basketball.
    previously known as Beno

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast