Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: “Hard Truth” criticism thread. No mercy here.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    He's not in his best shape. And not just physically. If Yeng really wanted him included he should have at least give him the least minutes among his PGs. Give him a short leash and yank him out once he commits successive mistakes. He wanted to live and die by Kiefer. Lee,Bollick and Barroca are being under utilized. Before he came back they were his main guards but had to take a back seat to accommodate him. Look at the big drop of their production. Kiefer played as best as he can under his current condition but against the best teams you know he'll be exposed.
    Among our guards though Ravena is the best defender, its just that he is not game shape...

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Among our guards though Ravena is the best defender, its just that he is not game shape...
    dapat tinuro niya yun sakuragi like hand defense niya kay cj.. hehehe
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Who among you here have given up on the national team program. Who haven't yet. And who never will regardless of what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCharger View Post
    Who among you here have given up on the national team program. Who haven't yet. And who never will regardless of what happens?
    Never will. Trust in players always.

You can do band aid solutions in the battlefield but at the same time employ strategies for the long term. Look what happened to china, asian games gold and everything but eventually in the tournament that matters, they faltered, much like the fancied 2007 rp team, theres no assurance that everything would go as planned but you must continue to move on and play hard to your next game, you never know... just like last february, korea of all countries, give us an unexpected gift by defeating Lebanon at home in a game they weren't needed to win.

We need to move on, correct what is obviously wrong (kiefer(like) inclusion), short prep and milk on whats working(merit based on selecting your final 12) more plays to our 4 as eventually papasok din namn yun tira from drop passes)
    Last edited by reamily; 09-05-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

I will never not cheer for the blue chip players ie the Bolicks / Perez of the world, there are some who are entagled with the politics side of basketball and i despise them lot. can we be competitive again? Let me put it this way, our players arent even good at making free throws, yes even the midget iverson wannabe guards that we are so abundant at, how can we even win if you cant make an uncontested gimme basket? Philippine basketball is deeply flawed from its roots and i think evetithing needs to be scrapped, but alas theres so much money and politics involved with this. It just seems.. impossible. No one is going to tell the SMC or the UAAP supporters to withdraw from their vested interest.

That's the problem. And he brought in Barroca for his supposed superior defense but he never got off the bench. Yeng's a weird guy.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    and 3- 33 from open 3's (not contested) and 14 TO (unforced error- cannot catch ball) , plus around 5 missed open layups.. (parang grade school)

Wait i just checked, Kiefer was 1/8 13 % FG, and i remember that open layup made of a steal, are you serious he then went zero out of 7 , with one missed open lay-up.. C'mon ... anong klasing standard of basketball yun.

LOL he's the national team closer
    Standard of basketball agad, hindi ba pwedeng he is not in gameshape? Go watch Kiefer's Gilas games before his suspension..

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    I don't know what's more to blame: the irrational overconfidence of the PED-juicing pervert that thought he could play at a World Cup level after 18 months of inactivity, or the foul-mouthed balding dinosaur coach that enables him.
    Coach Yeng. Kiefer wouldn't be in that position if Coach Yeng wasn't too stubborn. A copout excuse of wanting to field in Lee in the crucial stretch came out, but allegedly Lee was hesitant. What about Bolick? Was he (Coach Yeng) not able to watch the game in the first quarters he didn't see Bolick was doing more than just fine?
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Even if he's in game shape,I believe that he can only be one of the players to be used for the Asian Qualifiers, and when he's done his job to get Gilas to the World's or Olympics,they should sit him out and replaced him with a player who can play at the World stage.Just like when Blatche replaced Douthit,nobody complained,we all see Douthit as a tool for the Asian job but not for the World's,Gilas needed a more efficient tool than him.

Quote Originally Posted by blitznutz View Post
    What is the likely time for a PBA Calendar? I would say around October/November to April/May is enough. The NCAA,UAAP and CESAFI calendar has to change as well. Maybe start at August to October/November?

A good way to start our development is to really fix the calendar.

I think it was vince hizon who said it but im not sure. The reason there are height limits in the PBA so there are more dunks and dribbling exhibitions. It would be boring to watch 7 footers destroy our 6'6 centers.

Drastic change, but fairly simple: Sync all PHL basketball leagues to the international calendar.

-OCT to Mid JUL (Fall-Winter-Spring months) PRO, COLLEGE and HS games / tournaments on these Months.
    -Late JULY to mid OCT (Summer) reserve for international competition / invitationals / rest period (PBA , its players , and its fans need a real OFF-SEASON.)

UAAP and NCAA can start their tournament on the 2nd sem.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    That's the problem. And he brought in Barroca for his supposed superior defense but he never got off the bench. Yeng's a weird guy.
    Yeng has his men no doubt, despite what people say he fields in people whom fits whatever nonsensical criteria he has. I remember him benching a prime Gary David for his struggling burger king team before trading him to Powerade, we all know what happened there

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
    Yeng has his men no doubt, despite what people say he fields in people whom fits whatever nonsensical criteria he has. I remember him benching a prime Gary David for his struggling burger king team before trading him to Powerade, we all know what happened there

I really hated that Barrocca inclusion,we all clearly seen that he was outclassed by a 6'2 PG of the Kazaks,and that's just a guy at the Asian level,he might have helped to get GIlas to the World stage but as any tool,he's not a necessary fit for the next level.Shades of Abueva excluded by Tab despite the clamor of his fans and so called PBA players experts,he's good at the Asian level and that's that.I see 4-5 elite players in the future,who necessarily can't play all the time with Gilas,they'll probably playing for the NBA,Euro,or USNCAA,if that's the case they join only when in the World's and Olympics.The 4-5 who can't go,them and their fans can go eat churros and watch the game on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Coach Yeng. Kiefer wouldn't be in that position if Coach Yeng wasn't too stubborn. A copout excuse of wanting to field in Lee in the crucial stretch came out, but allegedly Lee was hesitant. What about Bolick? Was he (Coach Yeng) not able to watch the game in the first quarters he didn't see Bolick was doing more than just fine?
    Bollick played in the late 3rd and early 4th, aside from one 3 pointer, hes got no contribution , and at that time Angola was leading 12 and Gilas offense in disarray.. Ravena came in and facilitated leading leasing to several assist and good defense on the PG that turned the tide in our favor... I get it naman with Yeng, malamig si Lee and Bollick at that time seating almost the entire 4th, its ok lang din Kiefer playing in the 4th...pero cone OT, he should have subbed in Lee or Bollick to give Kiefer a breather, affectes na deciaion making nii Kiefer because of fatigue and lack of game competitions....

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Standard of basketball agad, hindi ba pwedeng he is not in gameshape? Go watch Kiefer's Gilas games before his suspension..
    For the program to resort to having to use a player who is not in game shape in crunch time is indeed a reflection of the coaching and management quality standard, wala ng Iba ba? Mababa talaga yung standard
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

I believe in the athletic capability of the Filipino. Yun nga lang, many things that surround him doesn't help his growth, including economy and politics.

Bollick played in the late 3rd and early 4th, aside from one 3 pointer, hes got no contribution , and at that time Angola was leading 12 and Gilas offense in disarray.. Ravena came in and facilitated leading leasing to several assist and good defense on the PG that turned the tide in our favor... I get it naman with Yeng, malamig si Lee and Bollick at that time seating almost the entire 4th, its ok lang din Kiefer playing in the 4th...pero cone OT, he should have subbed in Lee or Bollick to give Kiefer a breather, affectes na deciaion making nii Kiefer because of fatigue and lack of game competitions....
    Should have been controlling his minutes. God forbid Kiefer gets injured in these games lalong sa kangkungan bagsak ni Yeng.

Bring Tab back or a coach who knows well Euroball.
    PWE DE NA!!!

Hard truth: SBP sucks at recruiting bluechip players.I don't think they even have a budget on it.Just Imagine if we get to recruit those Fil-Am players as early as possible.Holt,Clarkson,Pringle,Fenner to name a few.Those names I've mentioned are good enough to play as an import overseas.Hirap, some if not most Pinoys would not even think they are Pinoys even if the law classifies them as Filipinos.As long as our top shooter Roger Pogoy remains 6 foot 2 in shoes, we will be needing reinforcement from overseas who have the height and the genes to play basketball.Konti na nga lang yung magagaling at may height, sad to say yung iba prima donna pa.With limited players who have the height and skill to compete against the world's best, we need the all the pieces just to stay relevant.IMO, Jordan Clarkson is not enough to carry us in the world stage, this was proven in the Asian Games, we need a naturalized big and a big naturalized player to have a more balanced team.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

The program of philippine basketball should have gone far if not for the exchanging of coaches, dapat nung gilas 1 pa lang di na pinalitan si Toro.... dun pa lang nagsimula na sana yung program, during the times of chris tiu, dun nag transform ang laro ni aldrich ramos into an oiutside threat that was developed during the times of toroman, infusing the european brand of bball ...... yung more ball movement and crisp passing and 3 point shooting malayo narating ng gilas 1 noon with toro dun nag mutate yung laro nila chiu, at casio... dapat stick lang sa iisang coach na may sariling system.... papalit palit ng coach para ka lang na bumabalik sa zero tapos 2-3 week lang ang preparation..... dapat instead of barroca or ravena si wright sinama na lang kasi kailangan natin shooter kaya ayon di pumutok si pogoy wala na shooting ng gilas

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast