Naturalized Players in 2019 WC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post

All naturalized players are the US-born.
    Montenegro also has Milko Bjelica, who is a naturalized Serbian.

Which countries have never used a naturalized player? Serbia, Lithuania. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by sixama23 View Post
      No he didn't. The rule was already in place when he first played for the Greek NT.

Back then it was much easier for "well connected" federations to get the General Secretary clearance that's outlined in clause 21.b of the Book 3.

Now things have changed, FIBA doesn't do any favours anymore.
      we can actually ask for favors for clarkson quite easier if patrick baumann. too bad, he's gone now. it's harder to ask favors since the current sec-gen is a lithuanian and we all know lithuania is not fielding a naturalized player and mixed race or dual citizens in their team. hoping we can get a compromise from fiba since philippines is the main host of the 2023 world cup.
      Last edited by ja.he; 08-25-2019, 01:53 AM.
      Attack
      defend
      Unite

Comment

Originally posted by Tesla View Post
        Montenegro also has Milko Bjelica, who is a naturalized Serbian.

Which countries have never used a naturalized player? Serbia, Lithuania. Anyone else?
        Latvia probably.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

The day that Lithuania & Serbia naturalize players is the day Europe dies.

Comment

indeed, they have so much pride on themselves. well, that two countries have two of the best basketball programs in the world.
            Attack
            defend
            Unite

Comment

in mens basketball you mean.
              "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                Also, it's not a naturalization, but Ekpe Udoh is playing for Nigeria, having never lived there (both parents are from Nigeria).
                That's the case for almost all of the Nigerian players...I think Eric, Zanna, and Okogie are the only ones that ever lived in Nigeria.
                Originally posted by Fedfan
                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                Originally posted by GuTO
                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                  Latvia probably.
                  Latvia had at least one (in 2003 or 2005) - Troy Ostler, even tho they renamed him to Trojs Ostlers to confuse next generations

Comment

lol more like "the day that Lithuania and Serbia naturalize players is the day racism will die"

Comment

Originally posted by saritasbora View Post
                      lol more like "the day that Lithuania and Serbia naturalize players is the day racism will die"
                      I don't understand this statement? What does our decision to not use foreign players have to do with racism?

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                        I don't understand this statement? What does our decision to not use foreign players have to do with racism?
                        He means since the majority uses those players you should also do. Its just a joke i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                          He means since the majority uses those players you should also do. Its just a joke i guess.
                          So he should say nationalism maybe, cause we might get someone white you know (hope we won't ever since we talk about national team competition). Anyway, if it's a joke, it has a poor taste, since he is on international board

Comment

It's a prejudiced statement to say the least.

Comment

I am against naturalized player but I dont have a problem when a player was raised by a certain basketball culture but giving someone just a passport is the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by saritasbora View Post
                                I hope he's joking, but just in case I need to clarify any sentiments...

1. It's not a racist statement.
                                2. I hate racism it makes me feel sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information