Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2019-20: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    You know it always better afterwards. Knowing De Colos performance i would also go for Teodosic but the real mistake was Bobby Dixon. I expected a slow decline but he was total useless. A total misjudged roster with a useless big rotation. Vesely had time to recover. Hasnt even played WC, came too early, about Lauvergne they said couple weeks and he was away nearly a season, irresponsible to give Al-Dwari 3 year contract etc.
    Nando was a mistake, he needs classical Pg to be at his maximum. Sloukas-Nando was impossible to work. And I know that Fener fans defend Vesely, but he was never a player they think he's. He's not rim protector and he's not good rebounder. That's basics for any C.
    previously known as Beno

I don't recall many comments saying De Colo is a bad signing during the summer... Hindsight is 20/20

I think the issue doesn't come down to one signing or player; rather to building a roster with very weak perimeter defense and rebounding, players declining due to old age and injuries, and lack of team chemistry
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I don't recall many comments saying De Colo is a bad signing during the summer... Hindsight is 20/20

I think the issue doesn't come down to one signing or player; rather to building a roster with very weak perimeter defense and rebounding, players declining due to old age and injuries, and lack of team chemistry
    I don't think that De Colo was a bad signing since Fener had no real SG or PG in the roster. Always playing with combos like Dixon, Wannamaker, Sloukas etc. I think that it would've been beneficial to sign De Colo and a guy like Jovic at PG, to provide creation + defense at elite level. De Colo alone on that backcourt was exposed defensively. Nobody to defend at a high level. This also decreased the efficiency of Vesely and others as well defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    I don't think that De Colo was a bad signing since Fener had no real SG or PG in the roster. Always playing with combos like Dixon, Wannamaker, Sloukas etc. I think that it would've been beneficial to sign De Colo and a guy like Jovic at PG, to provide creation + defense at elite level. De Colo alone on that backcourt was exposed defensively. Nobody to defend at a high level. This also decreased the efficiency of Vesely and others as well defensively.
    It would have been better of course. But what would have they done with 2 mio Sloukas? Problem in Fener is that Vesely and Sloukas are getting too much money and not solving any real need for the team. 4.5 mio net for what? Play making? No. Scoring? No. Rim protection? No. Rebounding? No. Real is paying similar money for Tavares/Campazzo. Put those 2 in Fener and Fener is title contender.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-09-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    It would have been better of course. But what would have they done with 2 mio Sloukas? Problem in Fener is that Vesely and Sloukas are getting too much money and not solving any real need for the team. 4.5 mio net for what? Play making? No. Scoring? No. Rim protection? No. Rebounding? No. Real is paying similar money for Tavares/Campazzo. Put those 2 in Fener and Fener is title contender.
    True. Still, Fener has more than enough money to make it happen, but Zeljko also has a huge ego and is very reluctant to change and shape the roster quickly. He is a guy that works in cycles and usually, at the beginning of the cycle he selects well for the moment and team is at it's most competitive within the first 3 seasons or so. Then, in years 6,7 it all starts to fall apart and he makes mistakes. He is a bit reluctant to let some players go and rebuild the team. He was always like that.

Of course, this EL stopage is god given for teams like Fener and Oly, who are in the middle of shit seasons and major rebuilds. They now have a chance to do something about it and remake themselves quicker, without needing to worry about playing games now and competing for trophies.

De Colo is great signing but we needed one true pg beside him, not Sloukas. For 2 milions we could bring Jovic or any other top level pg. Zoc is stubborn coach and we are paying the price now.

Bad thing is that we are stucked with some long term contracts and I don't see much space for the improvement in next season.

We have some bad contracts but we are not really stuck with those players, I'm sure Sloukas, Vesely etc will have buyers. The main issue is our own finances which weren't already great due to the general economic crisis, and is now hit with the loss of income from covid. Also it isn't still determined whether Zoc leaves or stays, I want him to stay of course.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Of course, this EL stopage is god given for teams like Fener and Oly, who are in the middle of shit seasons and major rebuilds. They now have a chance to do something about it and remake themselves quicker, without needing to worry about playing games now and competing for trophies.
    Next season will be very tricky. Second wave very possible, do you really invest a lot of money in that kind of unpredictable environment? I believe teams will need to work much better with home grown players in next years.
    previously known as Beno

Once again you showed great screening of Fener problems, better then most of the Fener fans. Maybe without emotions it's easier to see some obvious things

All teams in Turkey will lose at least 1/3 of their common budgets which is very good. Fenerbahce is no exception. Lets test the Fener love of ZOC a bit.

We have some bad contracts but we are not really stuck with those players, I'm sure Sloukas, Vesely etc will have buyers. The main issue is our own finances which weren't already great due to the general economic crisis, and is now hit with the loss of income from covid. Also it isn't still determined whether Zoc leaves or stays, I want him to stay of course.
    Zoc refused us twice so it's obvious we need to consider other options, Saras could be one of them...

Finances are connected to contracts, so if we sell Sloukas or let say even Vesely, and free big value contracts of Lauvegne, Williams, Dixon and Kalinic, we cut budget for around 10 milions.

Find me one idiot who is ready to give Vesely 2.3 and I walk to Istanbul to kiss you on your forehead. hahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Zoc refused us twice so it's obvious we need to consider other options, Saras could be one of them...

Finances are connected to contracts, so if we sell Sloukas or let say even Vesely, and free big value contracts of Lauvegne, Williams, Dixon and Kalinic, we cut budget for around 10 milions.
    It is very questionable if Sloukas and Vesely can get similar contracts elsewhere, especially in new reality. I kinda doubt that they will leave a lot of money on the table to go elsewhere.
    previously known as Beno

Find me one idiot who is ready to give Vesely 2.3 and I walk to Istanbul to kiss you on your forehead. hahahahahahah
    Yes, people are forgetting where Vesely made his name and who is coming from that club also.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    It is very questionable if Sloukas and Vesely can get similar contracts elsewhere, especially in new reality. I kinda doubt that they will leave a lot of money on the table to go elsewhere.
    As I said my opinion is that we are stucked with contracts. This was just answer to Vivo ho said that contracts are not problem and players will have buyers. Presuming that happens then finances will be much easier to resolve.

There are already rumors that Sloukas is wanted by Maccabi and Oly. Sloukas probably won't make 2 million from Oly but he can return there with a pay cut if Zoc leaves or doesn't want him.

Vesely is harder and most certainly won't get 2.3 million, but I don't underestimate the NBA teams to give him another shot It comes down to whether he wants to leave Istanbul I guess. In any case I can live with Vesely being our 2nd or 3rd option in the bigs, if we do a complete renovation in other areas.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Well, Shved is almost as useless and gets paid more. Vesely still can provide some things, it's not like he's dead. We just need to find a team willing to overpay for an ex MVP
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Well, Shved is almost as useless and gets paid more. Vesely still can provide some things, it's not like he's dead. We just need to find a team willing to overpay for an ex MVP
    Shved has a domestic bonus but i agree with you. Russians are also easy with money but their ressources are different. CSKA gets his money directly from the Kreml etc. If you had an Ibrahim Kutluay right now you would pay 3.5 millions to him.

The most important point is financial sustainability and Fenerbahce failed big time there which is very sad. There must be a control mechanism about financial issues even if you have success with a coach or team. If ZOC means to get his 30 millions where he is told "do as you like" as always then I say as not an Fenerbahce fan he can go where ever he wants.

I hope Koc can give you a certain structure...

Shved is for sure not as useless. Give a similar role to Vesely and you will be out of Turkish league.
    previously known as Beno

I just saw a quote from Shved's agent on Eurohoops that three top Euroleague teams are after him. Wouldn't it be fascinating to see him play for Obradovic?

Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast