This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
    Lauvergne stays at Fener with his fat contract. Fuck.
    Yeah, we learned that it's not exactly we wanted to continue with Lauvergne, he had a contract that he can continue if he wants with that +1 year option. I wonder who agreed that contract, I guess it's mainly Gherardini, and he really surprised me with this. He usually wouldn't do this kind of one-sided and risky contracts, I guess this is his biggest mistake so far in Fenerbahçe. Lauvergne before coming to us wasn't a big name, he was a good player but we could always choose another players with less risky contracts, I've no idea what they were thinking when they were agreeing to that.
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• The entire roster is a big mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
        Yeah, we learned that it's not exactly we wanted to continue with Lauvergne, he had a contract that he can continue if he wants with that +1 year option. I wonder who agreed that contract, I guess it's mainly Gherardini, and he really surprised me with this. He usually wouldn't do this kind of one-sided and risky contracts, I guess this is his biggest mistake so far in Fenerbahçe. Lauvergne before coming to us wasn't a big name, he was a good player but we could always choose another players with less risky contracts, I've no idea what they were thinking when they were agreeing to that.
        Yeah, well, I don't recall anyone saying it is outrageous to give Lauvergne a 2 year contract when we first signed him. His salary is too much for this current firm but let's remember that he was a big that rebounds well, can finish under the rim, and hit the occasional 3 in the past. Nowadays after the injury and what not he has become a player who can only finish under the rim in offense and is a big black hole in defense. I believe we also tried to get out of his contract in the summer but he enjoys getting paid without even trying apparently.
        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
          lol

Serves them right.
          Yeah, Lauvergne getting injured and becoming a shell of his old self really showed Gherardini... Lol

I love how people don't say anything when a move is made, but then act like they knew what would happen all along
          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• I was one of the few(too lazy to search for it and quote myself), that told you, Fener fans, that Lauvergne is not the best solution for you. Even without injuries, he is an average center, without shooting, bad post technique, not too inteligent and mainly fighting spirit and rebonding, and even that is questionable with all of his small injuries.
            I'm reading today crying of Partizan fans that he won't join them, and I believe that they are not aware how lucky actually they are
            Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
            SG/PG: Walden
            SG: Loyd
            SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
            SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
            PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
            PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
            C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

• Originally posted by Gudura View Post
              I was one of the few(too lazy to search for it and quote myself), that told you, Fener fans, that Lauvergne is not the best solution for you. Even without injuries, he is an average center, without shooting, bad post technique, not too inteligent and mainly fighting spirit and rebonding, and even that is questionable with all of his small injuries.
              I'm reading today crying of Partizan fans that he won't join them, and I believe that they are not aware how lucky actually they are
              Lauvergne had a season (16-17) where he shot 34% from NBA 3 point range. He also had 10 rebound per 36 minutes there in his career even though he wasn't around the basket most of the time. I didn't bother to pull out his Partizan stats but I recall he was a good rebounder.

Current Lauvergne is obviously not even close tho those stats. It's a combination of injuries, his decline, and lack of effort. You might have, but I doubt many people said that Lauvergne is a bad move for a Euroleague contender that needed rebounding and inside scoring. And yes, I believe Partizan is lucky even though he could provide them what they need
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                Yeah, Lauvergne getting injured and becoming a shell of his old self really showed Gherardini... Lol

I love how people don't say anything when a move is made, but then act like they knew what would happen all along
                Oh i didnt know at all. Nevertheless i am happy that many guys explode in your hands. This is what i was expecting. This Gherardini is obviously a joke. Its quite normal that some transfers turn out to be busts but the majority of your transfers must be useful and the ratio of cost/usefulness must be ok.

When I remember back. Bogdanovic in his third year, Ekpe Udoh who was a gamble too, Datome were good transfers and Melli of course. There are some other guys who can be seen as ok transfers but there are also some guys who turned out as horror transfers like tompson, lauvergne and also Vesely, and Sloukas. Sloukas because of his sallary.

You would have this success ratio with any other GM from Turkey. You are bound to some troublesome contracts for many years and it will be very difficult to build a team with them for the title. I am curious how long your fan base will support ZOC and Gherardini at the end.

Comment

• And the worst thing about lauvergne is not that he gets injured very often. In more than a year he couldnt learn any set play what makes zoc and the other player giving up on him. Either he is dumb or he doesnt take Fener seriously.

Comment

• It's a paradox but we need Lauvergne in this moment.
                    With whome we will fight against top teams in EL? With williams and Thomas who can's finish nothing under basket?
                    We all saw how williams missed the easiest layups in the world against Zenit and Valencia in crutial moments of the games. We lost both games.
                    I hate Lauvergne just because his ft shooting, other then that he is better then our mediocre bigs. But at the end of the season he should leave of course.

Comment

• Radonjic to Oly

Comment

• Joff says he is motivated now after 1,5 years hahahahahaahhahaahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Gudura View Post
                          I was one of the few(too lazy to search for it and quote myself), that told you, Fener fans, that Lauvergne is not the best solution for you. Even without injuries, he is an average center, without shooting, bad post technique, not too inteligent and mainly fighting spirit and rebonding, and even that is questionable with all of his small injuries.
                          The interesting thing is that when he was younger he took a big step out of his comfort zone by signing with Partizan. I know he wasn't the only French player to make that move at the time, but it showed a lot of grit and determination to do that when he could have had an easier life playing for Chalons-Reims or whoever until the NBA called.

Comment

• James McAdoo leaves Beskitas for Partizan. I think that's three players (as well as the coach) who left in the past couple of weeks?

Comment

• Carroll told to Real Madrid his desire to retire after the end of this season.

Prepelic time? This weekend he scored 31 points in just 20 minutes. Great season in Badalona for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                                Carroll told to Real Madrid his desire to retire after the end of this season.

Prepelic time? This weekend he scored 31 points in just 20 minutes. Great season in Badalona for him.
                                He is not a player of that level. He can catch fire though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information