This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    There is no decision to make. ZOC is history, the hints are clear.

The management claims they made several offers. ZOC hasnt been considering the offers as offers and is trying to put the management under pressure. A part of the fanbase doesnt realize the wasteful years needs to be paid someday. So the day has arrived!
    Actually, this means something completely different. Zeljko has never been problematic about contracts, as long as he gets the guarantees about other things in the club, like budget, free reign etc. The reason he has signed the contract is that he is not sure that they will give him what he needs to be competitive to win the EL. This is why he is playing hardball.

He is hoping to put more pressure on them by maybe generating interest from other clubs as well.

Comment

The management claims they made several offers. ZOC hasnt been considering the offers as offers and is trying to put the management under pressure. A part of the fanbase doesnt realize the wasteful years needs to be paid someday. So the day has arrived!
      There is no time to be pathetic and emotional. If Obra is past then lets find new coach. Or again it will be last minute saviour. Experts like Ertugrul Erdogan or Pianigiani maybe. We could expect everything from Koc.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
        Actually, this means something completely different. Zeljko has never been problematic about contracts, as long as he gets the guarantees about other things in the club, like budget, free reign etc. The reason he has signed the contract is that he is not sure that they will give him what he needs to be competitive to win the EL. This is why he is playing hardball.

He is hoping to put more pressure on them by maybe generating interest from other clubs as well.
        I am totally aware of it but there is the difficulty. Koc says: our wasteful times are over and the circumstances are different now. If you want to stay under these circumstances you are welcome otherwise you can leave". Paying ZOC 500k more would be no problem. The problem is his demand of a certain budget.

Comment

I am totally aware of it but there is the difficulty. Koc says: our wasteful times are over and the circumstances are different now. If you want to stay under these circumstances you are welcome otherwise you can leave". Paying ZOC 500k more would be no problem. The problem is his demand of a certain budget.
          There is solution for that. Gherardini out, new gm in. GM with energy and basketball knowledge who could realize Obradovic ideas and vision with less money and with more work and scouting.
          Gherardini is old man on edge of retirement and we don't have luxury anymore to pay his laziness and dementia with milions.

How anybody can expect from 65 years old man in Corona era to do serious job when he belongs to risky category of people. He could die any moment if gets sick

Gherardini wage plus milions he wasted is around 10 milions. 30 milions minus 10 is 20 milions budget, which could be more then enough for the next season regarding all clubs will have cutted budgets except Milano.

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
            There is solution for that. Gherardini out, new gm in. GM with energy and basketball knowledge who could realize Obradovic ideas and vision with less money and with more work and scouting.
            Gherardini is old man on edge of retirement and we don't have luxury anymore to pay his laziness and dementia with milions.

How anybody can expect from 65 years old man in Corona era to do serious job when he belongs to risky category of people. He could die any moment if gets sick

Gherardini wage plus milions he wasted is around 10 milions. 30 milions minus 10 is 20 milions budget, which could be more then enough for the next season regarding all clubs will have cutted budgets except Milano.
            Well me wiser very soon. I am very curious myself about ZOCs decision

Comment

Cakmak and his buddies won't like this.

The one thing is that teams in general will be spending way less, even Vatutin was saying that CSKA's budget will be seriously reduced. In this new landscape maybe Fener's new budget might allow them to stay competitive. Especially if they start scouting better.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post

This is my understanding of the tone of the communication from both sides. I still believe they will find a common ground
                Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                  This is my understanding of the tone of the communication from both sides. I still believe they will find a common ground
                  I am with you this time, but you have to understand that we need changes. If not Obra then who has to pay the price for this awful season and chaotic roster?

Comment

I am with you this time, but you have to understand that we need changes. If not Obra then who has to pay the price for this awful season and chaotic roster?
                    We made final fours repeatedly and titles are decided by 2 games so I find our basketball branch successful in general, but this roster should have been blown up last summer. This year was awful I agree. I am willing to give Gherardini and Obradovic benefit of the doubt and want to see how they will do a renovation. Because 1) I don't think Ali Koç can get a better GM and coach this summer and 2) Obradovic had a great year in Pao after a year of failure so he is accustomed to the situation.
                    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

We made final fours repeatedly and titles are decided by 2 games so I find our basketball branch successful in general, but this roster should have been blown up last summer. This year was awful I agree. I am willing to give Gherardini and Obradovic benefit of the doubt and want to see how they will do a renovation. Because 1) I don't think Ali Koç can get a better GM and coach this summer and 2) Obradovic had a great year in Pao after a year of failure so he is accustomed to the situation.
                      Problem for Fener is that you have 7 mio net in long term contracts for only 3 players, who are very difficult to build on. If your budget goes down, you cannot add anything substantial.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

You know very well that if both of them staying renovation not gona happen. Obra+Gherardini= status quo

With bolded part I apsolutely don't agree. there are many better and younger creative people who could do better job. With 2) I agree under some conditions

We need some changes. I have a feeling that current stuff base their expectations on past years of some players and wait for those years to come back.
                        Last edited by janketa; 05-16-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                          Problem for Fener is that you have 7 mio net in long term contracts for only 3 players, who are very difficult to build on. If your budget goes down, you cannot add anything substantial.
                          Problem are just 2 milions for Sloukas. On De Colo and Vesely we could build together with Datome. Vesely just need one good big beside him, like we had in Udoh and Melli.

After this disaster season it's obvious that Fener had two main problems, Sloukas-DeColo incompatibility and leaving Vesely alone in frontcourt without any support from at least one good rim protector, rebounder or anything else.

Comment

You know very well that if both of them staying renovation not gona happen. Obra+Gherardini= status quo

With bolded part I apsolutely don't agree. there are many better and younger creative people who could do better job. With 2) I agree under some conditions

We need some changes. I have a feeling that current stuff base their expectations on past years of some players and wait for those years to come back.
                            I disagree that having them both is status quo. I think they understand our play this season necessitates drastic changes. If they don't understand that they're idiots. I don't think they are.

There might or might not be better GMs than Gherardini, though we won't know until we replace him, which might be a mistake. My point isn't that. I mean that our current administration isn't able to get one. There is no such basketball mind in the current administration.
                            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Billy Baron will join Valencia from next season. Very good signing for them. I feel this is a big loss for us.

Comment

Problem are just 2 milions for Sloukas. On De Colo and Vesely we could build together with Datome. Vesely just need one good big beside him, like we had in Udoh and Melli.

After this disaster season it's obvious that Fener had two main problems, Sloukas-DeColo incompatibility and leaving Vesely alone in frontcourt without any support from at least one good rim protector, rebounder or anything else.
                                Yes, but that means upgrading your roster, with 2 good starters. That’s 4 additional mio. How you do that with budget going down? What is the point of paying Vesely 2.4 mio, if you need another great player beside him? Especially in times, when cost cutting is expected.
                                Last edited by Killer Bob; 05-16-2020, 11:55 AM.
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information