This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    He is an untalented guy with no future and a waste of time and effort. He also doesnt respond to the needs for BSL. I think the reason is that Fenerbahce couldnt find any other option who was ready to come since they still keep the trash Berkay Candan instead of bringing some serious prospects like Berkan Durmaz or Berk Demir.
    How many ''untalented'' guys can do this?

Also a Spanish basketball club wouldn't waste their money on an ''untalented'' foreign player in their league. Last time I checked, Spanish league was the best basketball league in the Europe.
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
      How many ''untalented'' guys can do this?

Also a Spanish basketball club wouldn't waste their money on an ''untalented'' foreign player in their league. Last time I checked, Spanish league was the best basketball league in the Europe.
      OK, you totally convinced me with these 18 seconds. All my impressions about him which I gained starting from the FIBA U16 and the following 150 games (roughly) vanished with those 18 seconds. Thank you for opening my eyes.

Comment

• Yeah sure, we've so many great assists in Euroleague from Turkish players, that you don't like that.

Also we've many Turkish players in Spanish league, you don't care if Kenan is playing there or not.
        FENERBAHÇE
        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

Yeah sure, we've so many great assists in Euroleague from Turkish players, that you don't like that.

Also we've many Turkish players in Spanish league, you don't care if Kenan is playing there or not.
          Must be a great league this ACB that you are proud to have a guy who played 20 minutes for a low level team like Real Betis.

Comment

Must be a great league this ACB that you are proud to have a guy who played 20 minutes for a low level team like Real Betis.
            I've respect for a player who leaves his own home country to play in a foreign country to play on a higher league than ours. I wish we've at least 10 players like him to play in Spanish league or in other foreign Euroleague teams, so those players would improve themselves faster than usual and our national Turkish team would have more options to use.

Playing in Betis is better than playing in any team in the Turkish league except for Fenerbahçe and Efes, and there are only very few Turkish players are playing in Fenerbahçe and Efes (Melih, and Balbay perhaps?). For example, Bugrahan should've gone to a Spanish team or any other Euroleague team to play more, playing 5 minutes in Efes won't improve his level.
            FENERBAHÇE

Comment

I've respect for a player who leaves his own home country to play in a foreign country to play on a higher league than ours. I wish we've at least 10 players like him to play in Spanish league or in other foreign Euroleague teams, so those players would improve themselves faster than usual and our national Turkish team would have more options to use.

Playing in Betis is better than playing in any team in the Turkish league except for Fenerbahçe and Efes. For example, Bugrahan should've gone to a Spanish team or any other Euroleague team to play more, playing 5 minutes in Efes won't improve his level.
              A player has a natural ceiling no matter where he plays. Kenans abilities which were precious in youth tournaments are not important among the matured guys. Kenan is not material for a Euroleague team. This is why he barely improved till now. He is the same piss poor shooter and the same bad ball handler who has no offensive weapon except his mid range jumper and we are talking about a guy who is 25.

I he was a serious guy he would never end up in Real Betis and would get more than 1 year from Fenerbahce. If you want to praise player who made the jump in a foreign country for developing his skills, there are many guys like Yigit Hamza Mestoglu (16, Murcia) who gets special treatment from coach Sito. Efe Tahmaz (14, Partizan Belgrade with his mother who coaches the U16 girls), Mert Akay (19, Dynamic Belgrade) or even Okben Ulubay who refused serious offers from Turkey and Greece.

Comment

A player has a natural ceiling no matter where he plays. Kenans abilities which were precious in youth tournaments are not important among the matured guys. Kenan is not material for a Euroleague team. This is why he barely improved till now. He is the same piss poor shooter and the same bad ball handler who has no offensive weapon except his mid range jumper and we are talking about a guy who is 25.

I he was a serious guy he would never end up in Real Betis and would get more than 1 year from Fenerbahce. If you want to praise player who made the jump in a foreign country for developing his skills, there are many guys like Yigit Hamza Mestoglu (16, Murcia) who gets special treatment from coach Sito. Efe Tahmaz (14, Partizan Belgrade with his mother who coaches the U16 girls), Mert Akay (19, Dynamic Belgrade) or even Okben Ulubay who refused serious offers from Turkey and Greece.
                Who said he will play in Euroleague? He doesn't need to be on Euroleague level. It's obvious he will play more in Turkish league because of the foreign player limitation, if there wasn't any limitation, we probably wouldn't buy him. He is enough for a rotation player in Turkish league, that's all that matters. And he also has a size advantage for the guard positions, just like Lorenzo and Westermann. So that's probably another reason why we are buying him, suitable for our guard profile on this season, plus he knows Fenerbahçe and he played in here before.
                FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Who said he will play in Euroleague? It's obvious he will play more in Turkish league because of the foreign player limitation, if there wasn't any limitation, we probably wouldn't buy him. He is enough for a rotation player in Turkish league, that's all that matters. And he also has a size advantage for the guard positions, just like Lorenzo and Westermann. So that's probably another reason why we are buying him, it's suitable for our guard profile on this season, plus he knows Fenerbahçe and he played in here before.
                  Yeah he was bought mainly for the the Turkish league but not because he suits well but because no serious prospect in Turkey wants to play for Fenerbahce which brings us to my initial post.

He cant shoot, barely make plays (you can find tons of guys who can assist 3,7 in 20 minutes) is ok defensively. They are many guys who would have made more sense. Berk Ugurlu who will get a main role in Tofas, Sehmus Hazer who was a target but too expensive, Ridvan Öncel who decided to play for the project in Bahcesehir, so Ismet Akpinar or Can Korkmaz who had a great season with Galatasaray.

Berkan Durmazs rejection just underlines my thesis. Even one of your 2-3 youth guys left to ncaa couple month ago without any correspondence with Fenerbahce. Your Turkish rotation is not enough for the Turkish League. Defeating Efes is a dream and other teams like TT Ankara, Bahcesehir, Tofas or Karsiyaka is a serious threat.

Comment

Yeah he was bought mainly for the the Turkish league but not because he suits well but because no serious prospect in Turkey wants to play for Fenerbahce which brings us to my initial post.

He cant shoot, barely make plays (you can find tons of guys who can assist 3,7 in 20 minutes) is ok defensively. They are many guys who would have made more sense. Berk Ugurlu who will get a main role in Tofas, Sehmus Hazer who was a target but too expensive, Ridvan Öncel who decided to play for the project in Bahcesehir, so Ismet Akpinar or Can Korkmaz who had a great season with Galatasaray.

Berkan Durmazs rejection just underlines my thesis. Even one of your 2-3 youth guys left to ncaa couple month ago without any correspondence with Fenerbahce. Your Turkish rotation is not enough for the Turkish League. Defeating Efes is a dream and other teams like TT Ankara, Bahcesehir, Tofas or Karsiyaka is a serious threat.
                    What are you expecting from the rotation player in Turkish league? Defend well, and pass the ball well. That's it. He doesn't need to shoot, he won't be the scoring option to save the team, there is no need to make a drama about it. Even Melih, who will take more minutes, and he can shoot better than any Turkish player, won't be that guy who will save the team. Of course those players wouldn't accept it, because playing as a rotation player won't improve their level, which is why I said Bugrahan should've gone to a different team instead of staying at Efes, he is at the same level where he was 2 years ago, there is no improvement. As for Kenan, he wasn't half bad in BJK, and in Betis I would say he improved his game defensively.
                    FENERBAHÇE

Comment

What are you expecting from the rotation player in Turkish league? Defend well, and pass the ball well. That's it. He doesn't need to shoot, he won't be the scoring option to save the team, there is no need to make a drama about it. Of course those players wouldn't accept it, because playing as a rotation player won't improve their level, which is why I said Bugrahan should've gone to a different team instead of staying at Efes, he is at the same level where he was 2 years ago, there is no improvement. As for Kenan, he wasn't half bad in BJK, and in Betis I would say he improved his game defensively.
                      You just confirm what I said. Thank you for that. What you expect depends on what you want to achieve. After the signings final four for Fenerbahce is not a target which makes the domestic league more important and with Sipahi, Mahmutoglu, Biberovic, Candan and Düverioglu I strongly doubt you have an advantage against 4-5 teams.

Comment

You just confirm what I said. Thank you for that. What you expect depends on what you want to achieve. After the signings final four for Fenerbahce is not a target which makes the domestic league more important and with Sipahi, Mahmutoglu, Biberovic, Candan and Düverioglu I strongly doubt you have an advantage against 4-5 teams.
                        We invested on Biberovic, it's time for him to shine, if not there is still Dixon. Only Efes can do something against us, you're dreaming if you think otherwise. And Efes was struggling about that too until they put Larkin into the Turkish National team where he didn't even play yet due to his ''injury''
                        FENERBAHÇE

Comment

We invested on Biberovic, it's time for him to shine, if not there is still Dixon. Only Efes can do something against us, you're dreaming if you think otherwise. And Efes was struggling about that too until they put Larkin into the Turkish National team where he didn't even play yet due to his ''injury''
                          Yeah then lets wait for the league.

And what are you bubbling about struggling and national team? I havent asked, forget it...

Comment

Yeah then lets wait for the league.

And what are you bubbling about struggling and national team? I havent asked, forget it...
                            Efes was struggling to find Turkish players who could contribute in the Turkish league, after all their best Turkish player was Balbay, and just like you said about Kenan, Balbay can't shoot too, and he has lower ast (2,5) statistics than Kenan as well.

Efes was very eager to put Larkin in the National team... Now they can use Larkin as a domestic player.
                            FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Efes was struggling to find Turkish players who could contribute in the Turkish league, after all their best Turkish player was Balbay, and just like you said about Kenan, Balbay can't shoot too, and he has lower ast (2,5) statistics than Kenan as well.

Efes was very eager to put Larkin in the National team... Now they can use Larkin as a domestic player.
                              You are right. Balbay is not a serious player who doesnt even deserve to earn money from basketball. He even makes less sense than Sipahi but Efes has one of the best youth systems and one of the best turkish rotations in the Turkish league. The rotation Gazi, Tuncer, Gecim, Saybir and Sanli are more than enough for BSL and far more superior what Fenerbahce can put on the court not to mention the two youngesters Kurtuldum and Ilyasoglu. Especially Saybir will be a very solid Euroleague player if he keeps working hard.

Its also true that Efes recommended Larkin for the national team but there was no reaction from the Turkish Basketball federation till Larkin recommended himself. There is no need for Efes to use a naturalized player because they have also without Larkin the best Turkish rotations anyway unlike Fenerbahce which is playing with 3 naturalized guys a 40 year old Dixon, Biberovic who never played a serious game till right now and Düverioglu who is playing for fathers Jordan so Fenerbahce is the last team which can complain about Larkin.

Comment

• The only thing I see in this discussion is that the domestic player rule is something incredibly stupid. The one that has talent will improve and make his way anyways, the others are paid until they are 24 and end up in 2nd and 3rd league. In fact it's a detractor to player's quality. Hard competition and good trainings with best possible players help the development of a player much more than playing against similar or worse players that are included in rosters just because of rule. It's not just a Turkish thing, this incredibly stupid rule is visible in many leagues, here also in KLS (luckily not in ABA).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information